Poll: Do you bother enchanting/gemming alts if you raid at least normal on them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    cheap enchants & gems for every alt. Expensive stuff for the ones i use to raid something above LFR. (currently, 2 characters).
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would. But I don't need to use best possible enchants.

If I'm raiding on it then ya. If it is something I just mess around with and maybe use in the odd pug then I only buy cheap stuff (say 500g as the top end I'd spend)

When I used to really raid (not LFR), I would have raid capable toons up to snuff, which usually meant 3-4 toons. Now... my top is 670 and has nothing enchanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Enchanted everything even while levelling, though with levelling gear would be the cheap shard enchants but from epics and up everything fully enchanted and gemmed. Having a hut in the garrison makes it ultra cheap, basically free for all alts and self sufficient except for weapons but those just go for ~1.5 to 2k now.

I always enchant and gem my every alt, no matter they are raiding or just standing @ the bank. Why not? Everything is cheaper than a pile of wet dirt.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ingrained in me since the start. I don't do anything serious on my shadow priest (just normal and heroic HFC) but it would bother me if I wasn't using the best stuff I could get at the time. And yeah, I do put epic gems in my alts gear too, at least the stuff that I won't replace without doing mythic.

The only characters I don't gem/enchant are my garrison slave alts who literally do nothing but run around my garrison for 2-3 minutes a day doing chores.

If an alt can't progress with cheap gems and enchants (or no gems and enchants) then just go back to an easier boss, or stop giving a shit.

Especially if the bosses in question are Normal vs Heroic -- there's absolutely no point at all in putting enchants on gear just to redo the exact same encounter with the numbers multiplied by 1.33.

Deleted
    cheap enchants while preliminary gearing, and then proper enchants once i get to current content.

Best enchants sure, currently not doing epic gems or empowered augments though.

Deleted
    For lfr, no. Anything higher I have always done, always will and always expect of others, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, of you are going to raid, then you are going to pick up the slack. It is expected to enchant and gem if you are going to at least be part of normal raiding or higher, so it should also be expected of alts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Yes, if i raid og PVP with them i do. Ive got 3 enchanters, so i dont lack the mats nor the gold for it.

Best enchants and epic gems, it's a given. No augment rune though, but they are slowly getting the rep for the permanent one.

The cheap versions of enchants/gems are so cheap you'd have to be incredibly lazy/inconsiderate to not use them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"