Thread: Felmouth Frenzy

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Felmouth Frenzy

Hi Guys

Not sure if this has been asked before, if so could somebody please direct me to it as I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Since 6.2 dropped I have been using the +125 Multistrike food buff when raiding, but I have seen a few places mention recently that the Felmouth Frenzy can give better stats. Anybody got any info on this?

Thanks

I use feel mouth on heavy moment single target fights......with lots of adds I use multistrike..the food scales with adds

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply.

So we're better off sticking with the +125 Multi food as most of the HFC fights have adds?

Wow so this is actually better than the 125 food? This is awesome, especially given how ridiculously easy they are to fish up, stack in 200 (instead of 20 like most foods) because they're a crafting reagent (for some unknown reason?), and as an added bonus you can get some Felblight while doing this.

Brb, going fishing for a few hours ;D
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

the linked AT thread has no conclusion , can any knowledgeable mage player post some details about this food ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    the linked AT thread has no conclusion , can any knowledgeable mage player post some details about this food ?
    The conlcusion findable in the thread is:
    It is possible that Felmouth is better then normal food. It depends on your spellpower and gear. It depends on the targetsituation( felmouth is for singletarget while statfood is better at Cleave/Multitarget).
    With this u can see there is again no clear answer. The difference is mostly marginal so if u dont want to farm expensive food just eat fish. If u want to max then go simcraft yourself for a specific fight.

Deleted
    Felmouth Frency can also proc Prophecy of Fear, which makes the proc a little bit unpredictable on the opener. (E.G. 2xAB>PC and while u put down PC, PoF procs on the Boss - which only happens because of felmouth Frenzy). In that case, Felmouth Frenzy easily caused you to lose alot of DPS.

With Felmouth Frenzy, 1 out of 13 Attempts i had PoF on PC during opener (with 2xAB>PC).
    Without felmouth frenzy, about 66% of my openers i have PoF on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    With this u can see there is again no clear answer. The difference is mostly marginal so if u dont want to farm expensive food just eat fish. If u want to max then go simcraft yourself for a specific fight.
    The difference is so marginal that I really don't care enough to farm all that annoying fish and I'd rather just fish up Felmouths because I also get easy lunkers and Felblight

Quote Originally Posted by gameorg View Post
    Felmouth Frency can also proc Prophecy of Fear
    Do you mean it procs the Mark of Doom (applies the debuff to the target) or procs a Doom Nova (it triggers an explosion)?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Do you mean it procs the Mark of Doom (applies the debuff to the target) or procs a Doom Nova (it triggers an explosion)?
    ONLY the former. This is in the Altered Time posts as well.

I think once you have some gear the difference isn't marginal. I simmed most of the fights with my toon (710 ilvl, 4p, normal wf tome) and I have felmouth simming 500 dps more than haste or mastery food for most fights where there isn't 3+ targets.

500 isn't marginal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kirielle View Post
    ONLY the former. This is in the Altered Time posts as well.
    My bad, guess I missed that part; was pretty tired when I read it >.<

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    I think once you have some gear the difference isn't marginal. I simmed most of the fights with my toon (710 ilvl, 4p, normal wf tome) and I have felmouth simming 500 dps more than haste or mastery food for most fights where there isn't 3+ targets.

500 isn't marginal to me.
    It's a 0.7% DPS increase. It's under 1%. That pretty much defines marginal, but to each their own *shrug*

I simply prefer to fish them up over other fish, plus I got a shitload of lunkers and Felblight last night, soooo

Keep in mind that this becomes even more murky if you're a panda, as you're then talking about a 250 buff instead of 125. The best way to know for sure, for your own character, is to ... wait for it ..... sim it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gameorg View Post
    Felmouth Frency can also proc Prophecy of Fear, which makes the proc a little bit unpredictable on the opener. (E.G. 2xAB>PC and while u put down PC, PoF procs on the Boss - which only happens because of felmouth Frenzy). In that case, Felmouth Frenzy easily caused you to lose alot of DPS.

With Felmouth Frenzy, 1 out of 13 Attempts i had PoF on PC during opener (with 2xAB>PC).
    Without felmouth frenzy, about 66% of my openers i have PoF on PC.
    Pc pulses can procc MoD on the boss aswell,so either way getting PoF on your Pc is pure rng and luck,and mostly a 50:50.

The much bigger issue with the fish is how it doesn't work well on short lived targets. Simulations that assume no target changing will be seeing Felmouth Frenzy at peak strength. In practice, situations are much more murky.

Deleted
    Thanks for the response.
    Guess I'll try out the two types in a raid and see how they compare.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Keep in mind that this becomes even more murky if you're a panda, as you're then talking about a 250 buff instead of 125. The best way to know for sure, for your own character, is to ... wait for it ..... sim it.
    It doesn't really become murky, 250 stat will beat the proc in almost every real situation. The only boss where Felmouth will perform 'to spec' is Zakuun for what should be obvious reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neri25 View Post
    It doesn't really become murky, 250 stat will beat the proc in almost every real situation. The only boss where Felmouth will perform 'to spec' is Zakuun for what should be obvious reasons.
    Exactly. The Pandaren racial has no effect on Felmouth Frenzy food, so stick to regular food as one.

The only way to know if its better for you is to sim it. For a while it was better for me but after getting class trinket I'm low on haste and buttered sturgeon sims better. Go to the sim profile and just replace whichever food it puts by default for you to felmouth_frenzy to see the comparison. I should note that haste food is only simming 100 dps higher than felmouth and felmouth can vary a lot on pulls so if youre trying to save food felmouth is a good option on single target fights with haste depending on your haste levels and mastery possibly for some fights with more cleave/aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    The much bigger issue with the fish is how it doesn't work well on short lived targets. Simulations that assume no target changing will be seeing Felmouth Frenzy at peak strength. In practice, situations are much more murky.
    For sure, but it's kinda in the same way with how you delay your Water Jet so you don't cast it on a target that won't last the 4 seconds, or any travel time spell on a target with low health for that matter. It's to be expected that unless you're paying full, 100% attention, the 125 stat food may be better in actual practice over simulation.

Then again, we're still talking marginal differences and the FF fish are so much easier to get. Each cast = 1 food as opposed to needing multiple fish for a single 125 meal Of course, if you're a Pandaren, then none of this matters anyways and you should just be going for 250.