Need new laptop help

Hello all!

So.. I am having the hardest time finding a laptop that will do what I want it to. It needs to be fast, but not sound like a freaking jet engine when I play RS or WoW. Really all I play. So it needs to be fast and quiet at the same time while doing moderate gaming. I don't even need WoW close to max settings. I like to play RS, WoW, and listen to twitch all at the same time.

Any help is appreciated! Budget is whatever people come up with but under 1500 would be nice Does not need a touch screen either but good in low light situations.

Could look around but I'm afraid I have no idea what RS stands for, also can't say I ever heard of laptops sounding like jet engines

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Could look around but I'm afraid I have no idea what RS stands for, also can't say I ever heard of laptops sounding like jet engines
    Rs = runescape sorry . As far as jet engine, if you can hear the fan over everything else, thats bad. I play a lot when my GF is asleep in bed next to me, she goes to bed a lot earlier than I do.

Anyone else have any input?

Jet engine laptops are those that are not meant for games. Gaming laptops doesn`t make that much noise these days.

Since i only had laptops with nvidia gpu for the last 8 years, today gaming laptops are those with GTX m GPU. Have 0 info about ATI.

If you are looking for a laptop with GT instead of GTX, walk away. They are not only noisy, but you will burn your fingers on your keyboard

You can have a look at this one, seems decent Asus or MSI have some pretty good gaming laptops you can also look into sager they are customisable

Deleted
    I bought this this 4 years ago -

uk.pcmag.com/dell-inspiron-17r-n7110/20937/review/dell-inspiron-17r-n7110

Paid half price for it because it was refurbished, and put an ssd in it.

Its still faster than many of todays laptops. (except in graphics of course).

I would recommend anything with an intel chip, dedicated graphics card (dont forget most laptops will not let you upgrade the gpu at all), and put an ssd in it.

As long as you accept the graphics performance will never be as good as a desktop machine, youll be good for 5+ years with it, just like i was !!

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    You can have a look at this one, seems decent Asus or MSI have some pretty good gaming laptops you can also look into sager they are customisable
    That or this one from MSI

I have the GT72 but mine has GTX 980m (the expensive option). I can guarantee you 0 heat on High or Ultra settings and also almost silent(not sure for GTX 970 with Ultra settings) .
    You can turn this laptop in a "Jet Engine" if you want to boost your video card with a push of a button but i don`t think you`ll ever need it.
    I had both GT70 and GT72 and they are both fast.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you can upgrade the GPU as it`s not integrated but not the CPU.
    GTX 900m GPUs have 75% of the desktop version.
    Last edited by Ghitza; 2015-08-01 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cashcate View Post
    That or this one from MSI

I have the GT72 but mine has GTX 980m (the expensive option). I can guarantee you 0 heat on High or Ultra settings and also almost silent(not sure for GTX 970 with Ultra settings) .
    You can turn this laptop in a "Jet Engine" if you want to boost your video card with a push of a button but i don`t think you`ll ever need it.
    I had both GT70 and GT72 and they are both fast.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you can upgrade the GPU as it`s not integrated but not the CPU.
    GTX 900m GPUs have 75% of the desktop version.
    Awesome, yeah Im looking for as silent operational as possible, obviously some fan noise will happen but extreme fan not a good deal. Will take a look at these!