Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjai View Post
    Cutscene is Cannon, Mythic is just an extra gameplay phase thingy.
    ^Metzen, is that you?

It's a Mythic only mechanic Tyronian. I believe the flame "explodes" during Allure and therefore needs to be soaked just before that goes off. But I've only watched some streams and seen the video, so I may have some of the details a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by XhansenXHrx View Post
    Nagura playing Pottm's druid, Pottm playing his hunter. #AccountSharingAgain
    I was rooting for Paragon ( and still am ), but dont bring this BS here, Paragon does it too, like probably every other guild in Top20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, would've liked to see teasers for something in Mythic.

Then again it would've been the first time.

What impresses me most about Method's videos is their banther, even after almost 500 attempts they still have fun.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Well that fight explained nothing about the Nether shenanigans. GG Blizzard overhyping the fight for lore fans.

Stood in the Fire crazyafgandudes's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
    Well that fight explained nothing about the Nether shenanigans. GG Blizzard overhyping the fight for lore fans.
    I dont think they ever said there were going to be big lore moments in that phase. Watcher just said something is going to happen at 40%.
    Sometimes I reply to people when I have something to say about it. All hail gabeN

15+ Year Old Account
    Although mechnically the last phase looks REALLY cool and challenging, visually it seems kind of dumb. Archimonde just floating there meleeing? What?

I was expecting something bigger than that, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyafgandudes View Post
    I dont think they ever said there were going to be big lore moments in that phase. Watcher just said something is going to happen at 40%.
    Pretty sure there was an implication since we all knew there would be an extra phase. Think it was Stockon or something from that one interview. Also in the wake of that tweet about the Nether, a lot of us assumed there would be an explanation on whether or not Archimonde was dead for good.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    ^Metzen, is that you?
    That's just what I assume with them showing the cutscene right after he dies. It's the same as the one we all know so it would seem Mythic isn't cannon?

Quote Originally Posted by tyronian View Post
    So, having only worked on Archi normal, I'm wondering what is going on in the video with some of the players (Rogerbrown in particular) picking up the Doomfire in p1? He takes 9 and 11 stacks of it on two occasions, and then it looks like he's able to drop it all down out of the way? Or does picking it up actually eliminate it? Or make him the only person Doomfire is drawn to when Archi casts Allure of Flames? I didn't even know if could be picked up! (Unless that's a Mythic-only mechanic?)
    On Mythic, the raid takes AoE damage for every patch of Doomfire that gets moved by Allure of Flames. However, when you take a stack of Doomfire you essentially "pick up" that patch (also Mythic-only). When the DoT expires, the patches respawn. So, you assign people with good personals (or externals if needed) to mop up all the patches about 8 seconds before Allure is cast.

Deleted
    Is it just me who have found this fight a bit underwhelming? Like I was expecting something more to happen at that twisting nether phase, but once they went in they just kept dealing with the same mechanics until the boss died.

I couldnt really get the impression that a group of people were fighthing against a Burning Legion commander, being one of the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    Is it just me who have found this fight a bit underwhelming? Like I was expecting something more to happen at that twisting nether phase, but once they went in they just kept dealing with the same mechanics until the boss died.

I couldnt really get the impression that a group of people were fighthing against a Burning Legion commander, being one of the strongest.
    People who are the best at what they do make what would be extremely difficult for the average person, look extremely easy.

So...they didn't wait for the 5th kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    Custom WeakAura made by Pottm.
    Exorsus Raid Tool just released an update with pretty much the same WA and other stuff for Arquimonde Mythic.

Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post

I thought the last phase was very impressive compared to the extra mythic phases they've added in the past.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was cool, had a sense of urgency too. Despite having very few mistakes, I don't think people realize that when those last infernals spawned, they were pretty much out of time. Urgency in bosses make them exciting, like slowly having too many debuffs or running out of room on Blackhand. Same with Ragnaros in P4, as fire eventually is everywhere.

He looks sort of silly floating there, but visually the place looks really cool. A lot like if the Lich King fight took place solely in Frostmourne in the last phase (although it wouldn't make much sense). To that point, I wonder what Arthas did for 45 seconds when we were in the Frostmourne room? Did he check his emails or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromatus View Post
    So...they didn't wait for the 5th kill.
    They usually just wait until the 3rd kill before they release the WF kill videos.

that t-shirt is ugly as hell. however seeing some of the method fanboys in the progression thread i'm sure they'll sell some.

Paragon just make so much better videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.