Enhance Shaman and Soul Capacitor Trinket

Thoughts?

I think it is a great trinket unless you have to run out and it proccs away from anything.
    Is this a strictly raiding trinket? I use my old trinket when doing dailies so I dont have to wait for it to do the damage.

Deleted
    you can trigger it before the proc goes off.

/cancelaura spirit shift

I've been using it for a few weeks now.

I hate it.

Oh, do you need to burst a priority target down? Now would be a great time for a proc, wouldn't it? *screen goes purple* /cancelaura

*proc* 3 seconds later SEEDS OF DESTRUCTION YAY /cancelaura

*proc* 3 seconds left till explode ALLURE OF FLAMES BROKEN BOSS PATHING OUT OF RANGE YAY

I don't want to manage a trinket. I have plenty of things that need managing already, the farthest I want to think about my trinkets is whether or not to hold them to line up with Fire Elemental. Yes, cauncelaura is easy, but its also a DPS loss. You actually need the full explosions to go off for the trinket to be a DPS increase. If you're constantly cancelaura'ing then you may as well use a different trinket. Which is exactly what I want.

Censer/Core for single target and Censor/Mirror for AoE and I'll be perfectly happy.

It has its uses and it has its downsides. And as Tore said, if you don't want/can't handle an additional thing to look out for, try getting censer. For me, I really like capacitor(not on all fights though), it's a pretty good "on-the-go" trinket if everything goes well.

Aside from its downsides, what I really like about it, is the fact that you can transfer damage from one point to another, and make use of fire nova -> single target. I always get a smile on my face when Spirit Shift proccs right before or on the hands on Kormkrok or the stacked imps/infernals on Mannoroth, get a few big fire novas in that 10 seocs, watch as our locks/warriors blow them adds up and I can transfer all that damage back to the boss.

The multiplicative nature of the trinket is also very nice on bosses where you get damage increases like Kilrogg and Gorefiend. But again, downside would be proccs happening inside the vision or stomach.

The only real beef I really have with the trinket is that totem damage(searing/magma/fire elemental, haven't checked storm yet), even though enhancement shamans are dependent on it, doesn't get included in the absorb. Submitted suggestions and even a bug report to see if they would change it. Another reason why totems are way outdated and should be revamped.

The only two fights I really dislike it on are Tyrant and Socrethar because when the boss goes immune, you lose half your damage from the explosion. I just swap to censer for those two.

! Its the Trap !

Cancelaura things make sad too Tore...but Capacitor had a great potencial. Overall I'm not big fan

15+ Year Old Account
    are you sure magma totem/searing totem dont add the damage to capacitor even though they are "immune" when we dps while trinket has proc'ed?

On the other stuff you said i totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    are you sure magma totem/searing totem dont add the damage to capacitor even though they are "immune" when we dps while trinket has proc'ed?

On the other stuff you said i totally agree
    Definitely doesn't count totem damage in, from searing/magma/elemental totems. Damage has to be absorbed into it, totem damage is still directly hitting the target when it's up.
    Last edited by wordup; 2015-08-05 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Definitely doesn't count totem damage in, from searing/magma/elemental totems. Damage has to be absorbed into it, totem damage is still directly hitting the target when it's up.
    Actually soul capacitor does effect totems. It doesn't absorb the damage but it doubles the damage of the active fire totem (not sure about elementals) while the proc is active. Ultimately it achieves the same effect over the course of the proc's life expectancy. Theres a twitter response from a dev about it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by elorran View Post
    Actually soul capacitor does effect totems. It doesn't absorb the damage but it doubles the damage of the active fire totem (not sure about elementals) while the proc is active. Ultimately it achieves the same effect over the course of the proc's life expectancy. Theres a twitter response from a dev about it somewhere.
    Pretty sure that is legendary ring and not soul kappa.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by elorran View Post
    This is the ring, not soul capacitor.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if I should use Soul capacitor warforged (Ilvl 701) or with a Socket? >.< didn't want to make a whole new thread for this one question

1.52% explosion dmg amp + 21 agi vs 75 haste? Mind is telling me WF but you'd be better off simming it.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Some of the cons you listed i actually use to my advantage like that "oh you need to burst down a priority target?" During Iskar air phase for example our tanks tank the important adds in phase 1 and 2 jsut a little bit away from the redundant birds without abilietys, so i AoE them down than bam capacitor proc, i AoE another 10 seconds and shortly before the proc goes of i move to the side just a little and in most cases only the priest/construct get hit for a shitton of damage.

Another fun use of the trinket is combining it with ancestral guidance, if you got a proc and activate ancestral guidance just before it goes of its almost like you just used monks revival as enhancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Avell View Post
    you can trigger it before the proc goes off.

/cancelaura spirit shift
    After I saw this I was like duhhhhhh. Thanks for the advice. It took a minute to get used to having another keybind to an already crowded field, but it helps.

I like the damage of the trinket, but sometimes it proccs at the worst times. It's a double edged sword great damage, but RNG is no fun.