Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Soo...all mages can make all humanoids to sheep...but when 1 other mage then medivh does a crow transformation...It has to be medivh..Obv. Khadgar was also Medivh's student, so thats a thing:P

in HFC, he is referenced as "Khadgar" when spoken to by either Gul'dan or Archimonde (I can't remember which one off the top of my head" ...why would they say it sarcastically, it's as if they know he's not really Khadgar. I'm convinced myself that he is probably Medivh, if you re-level you see many clues Khadgar really isn't who he says he is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Probably due to him having Ateish. He also may or not be some kind of unofficial guardian since everyone hated Med'an.
    You mean Marysued'an?

But yeah, he's basically the Guardian now in my headcannon.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    You mean Marysued'an?

But yeah, he's basically the Guardian now in my headcannon.
    Do you know what a mary sue is? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marinai View Post
    This is actually re-adding fuel to the possible theory of Khadgar being Medivh though.. If it wasn't the case, Blizzard probably would've made some sort of a short story about it too, I'd say..
    How? He was Medivh's pupil. Why should it be surprising that he knows the same tricks?

WoD holds a couple of misteries:

1) Khadgar appears younger, shaved, with Ateish and being a bad ass...

2) Yrel's "dark secret" (another half-dranei)

Gul'dan says to Khadgar "I've been inquiring about you, "Khadgar." It would seem we have a history"... Even if they never met... and why the "quotations mark"? Maybe because he knows he is not Khadgar.

Now, is he Medhiv? Its not MU Medhiv because he is dead (Killed by Garona, Khadgar and a bunch of other people)... So he could be AU Medhiv who was brought by Wrathoin as part of his plan.

If not, then Khadgar should die, as he saw his death in Draenor/Outland...

We will see in 6.3

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He has atiesh because they were to lazy to design a staff for him.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    also I'm pretty sure Khadgar wasn't in WC3.

On topic: Khadgar is in my opinion Blizzard's best new character and it makes perfect sense that he can transform into a raven seeing as he trained under Medivh himself, HOW he got a hold of his master's staff though, that's what I want to know.

I don't think it's Medivh in disguise and I don't hope so.
    Sorry, you guys are right, I meant WC2, made a typo.

It seems right now that it is only something we can ponder about, until we see it happen next xpack (if that.)

It made sense in my mind anyway. Then again, many things do that others see differently.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    I swear to god that nobody who even plays WoW anymore has played anything before wrath. Khadgar was Medivh's pupil.
    Sorry mate, I've actually been playing since the first month of Vanilla release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post
    Gul'dan says to Khadgar "I've been inquiring about you, "Khadgar." It would seem we have a history"... Even if they never met... and why the "quotations mark"? Maybe because he knows he is not Khadgar.
    Yes, then there is that one! I forgot about that little moment as well.. It was really clear to me that it was not 'Khadgar' Gul'dan was talking to.

Now, is he Medhiv? Its not MU Medhiv because he is dead (Killed by Garona, Khadgar and a bunch of other people)... So he could be AU Medhiv who was brought by Wrathoin as part of his plan.
    That's the thing though, if I remember correctly, his mother actually managed to resurrect him.
    Last edited by Marinai; 2015-07-28 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Currently, I am my boss. And despite my complaints to HR, I simply will not stop sexually harassing myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Have to say I might agree with you... there's also the line he says about bringing him Gul'dan's skull, then says for "you know, reasons". why would he want gul'dan's skull.
    Why does he want ANY of the shit he's asked for. Honestly If Khadgar ends up being anyone else it is Wrathion but pretty sure that has already been disproved since I guess he shows up?

I questioned why the hell he wanted Blackhand's arm. He is asking for weird shit in the name of "reasons". I will be genuinely shocked if Khadgar is indeed Khadgar.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Why does he want ANY of the shit he's asked for. Honestly If Khadgar ends up being anyone else it is Wrathion but pretty sure that has already been disproved since I guess he shows up?
    Wrathion pretty much shows up the moment you get your legendary ring, he appears as a black dragon whelp just outside of Khadgar's tower, so I don't think that's that. Also, Wrathion was in Admiral Taylor's (R.I.P. ) Garrison while Khadgar was around with us.
    Currently, I am my boss. And despite my complaints to HR, I simply will not stop sexually harassing myself.

That's the thing though, if I remember correctly, his mother actually managed to resurrect him.
    But that was before WC3, i think... and the dragon balls cant rez you twice! Unless they are the ones from another planet like namek... IS DRAENOR NAMEK!?

So... getting serious... what happened to him after WC3? he says "As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future, to teach the world that it no longer needed guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I will take my place amongst the legends of the past"

That sounds like WoD to me... he is fighting with the horde heroes, back in time, agains an invasion by the BL led by archie...

Wrathion pretty much shows up the moment you get your legendary ring, he appears as a black dragon whelp just outside of Khadgar's tower, so I don't think that's that.
    yup

Also, Wrathion was in Admiral Taylor's (R.I.P. ) Garrison while Khadgar was around with us.
    we all know what he was doing

WoD holds a couple of misteries:

1) Khadgar appears younger, shaved, with Ateish and being a bad ass...

2) Yrel's "dark secret" (another half-dranei)

If not, then Khadgar should die, as he saw his death in Draenor/Outland...

We will see in 6.3
    In the audio file he enunciated his name so they put it in quotes to show that.

Just like in Cata when Vol'jin enunciated "Warcheif" when giving Garrosh attitude they put it in quotes. That's how it's commonly done in dialog it's where the whole air quote gesture comes from.

Also main universe isn't dead he's was brought back by his mom Aegwynn.
    Last edited by Teerack; 2015-07-28 at 09:38 PM.

The story of Khadgar part1:
    /watch?v=s-0EA_0C2oU
    The story of Khadgar part2:
    /watch?v=e1BkZsuGZNg
    "for YouTube"
    ps: sorry I'm not allowed to post URL's nor pictures yet

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    In the audio file he enunciated his name so they put it in quotes to show that.

Just like in Cata when Vol'jin enunciated "Warcheif" when giving Garrosh attitude they put it in quotes. That's how it's commonly done in dialog it's where the whole air quote gesture comes from.

Yes, but why would he have specifically mentioned 'his name' like that, as it is not a title of any
    But that was before WC3, i think...
    But that's the thing though, he didn't die since WC3, now did he? At least, not that we 'know of'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naizy View Post
    ps: sorry I'm not allowed to post URL's nor pictures yet
    Let me help there:
    Part 1
    Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    ^This is probably the answer. I am way more interested in how he came into possession of Medivh's staff. He just showed up with it in WoD and there was no explanation for it.
    And Liadrin has Quel'Delar, which isn't possible either as there is only one in lore, and its possessed by your character. There's countless numbers of mobs in WoDs with weapons they couldn't possibly have. Like many demons having Ashkandi. Blizzard is constantly giving iconic weapons to npcs who shouldn't have them. Khadgar having Ateish probably doesn't mean anything.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Yes, but why would he have specifically mentioned 'his name' like that, as it is not a title of any

But that's the thing though, he didn't die since WC3, now did he? At least, not that we 'know of'.

Let me help there:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Because he knew that Khadgar knew him and he was trying to agitate him since he didn't know him and wasn't worried about him. Everything Gul'dan says to Khadgar in the expansion is super smug and condescending because he doesn't see him as a magical peer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    And Liadrin has Quel'Delar, which isn't possible either as there is only one in lore, and its possessed by your character. There's countless numbers of mobs in WoDs with weapons they couldn't possibly have. Like many demons having Ashkandi. Blizzard is constantly giving iconic weapons to npcs who shouldn't have them. Khadgar having Ateish probably doesn't mean anything.
    To be fair Quel'Delar was made by the Blue Dragon Flight and the last we saw Lady Liadrin she was standing like five feet from Kalec in front of the Sunwell.

Indeed. I correct myself, he just "dissapear" or something...

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because he knew that Khadgar knew him and he was trying to agitate him since he didn't know him and wasn't worried about him. Everything Gul'dan says to Khadgar in the expansion is super smug and condescending because he doesn't see him as a magical peer.
    But Gul'dan specifically mentioned his name after the Highmaul chapter, where he really doesn't know much about him at all, yet still says that they have a history.
    Once again, Demon theorum here: all dimensions, all realities..

To be fair Quel'Delar was made by the Blue Dragon Flight and the last we saw Lady Liadrin she was standing like five feet from Kalec in front of the Sunwell.
    ^ QFT.

Deleted
    I think he's wrathion in disguise or being controlled by wrathion. Khadgar and Wrathions speech deliveries are close and they both infuse shit with magic in the same manner. Heck didn't wrathion come across power(A spear? something from ToT anyway) capable of creating new worlds (Draenor), surely he can create beings too? He also helped Kairozdormu in freeing Garrosh. He also foresaw the legions activity...is this his work or is he truely trying to help us?

doesnt matter. your player is the one in possession of the sword. they didnt go "ok now that Arthas is dead, give us back the sword".
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.