Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Archimonde dies in the Nether, is he forever dead?

Just watched Method's video and i see that on mythic Archimonde is killed in the nether, is he forever dead ? Did we actually kill the original Archimonde forever , since blizzard said that this is our Archimonde from ww3 ?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Please have it be true so this poor demon doesn't have to be fought again with an even worse story.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Dont think hes dead forever since his last breath technically was not in the twisting nether

Personally I pretend Blizzard never said that and just go with it's an alternate Archimonde.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Highly doubt it. He will probably be back for one final confrontation along with Kil'jaeden and Sargeras.

No, I don't think the mythic version is canon because there's not a transition connecting the mythic phase in any way whatsoever to the ending cinematic, like there was with Garrosh and how his body was dead in the dream world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Doesn't the ending cinematic show him dying in Draenor and sending Gul'dan into the Nether?
    The killing blow might be dealt in the Nether, he's definitely not actually dying in there. Which is reason enough to assume he'll pop up again later on.

Honestly? He'll be back, just like most of the Nathrezim we supposedly killed. They need to have several high caliber villains for that Burning Legion expansion that is due at least sometime. Sargeras and Kil'Jaeden are still up there, Archimonde is the 3rd big guy. He'll be there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Doesn't the ending cinematic show him dying in Draenor and sending Gul'dan into the Nether?
    The killing blow might be dealt in the Nether, he's definitely not actually dying in there. Which is reason enough to assume he'll pop up again later on.
    I think you're correct. It's similar to Ragnaros, we killed him in the Firelands, he will not be coming back, but for Archimond, we attacked him on the Nether, but he actually died in Draenor.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker View Post
    Just watched Method's video and i see that on mythic Archimonde is killed in the nether, is he forever dead ? Did we actually kill the original Archimonde forever , since blizzard said that this is our Archimonde from ww3 ?
    Yes. Blizzard will say Archie is dead forever to try and make WoD have meaning.
    Then, sometime in the future, it'll bring him back saying we should have known he wasn't dead as he didn't die in the Twisting Nether.

EJL

Deleted
    Well to be honest, this was the worst story scenario...seeing Archimonde for 3rd time will be hell of a lackluster...they could have done better storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic only lore is the stupidest thing ever. Period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The ending cinematic for mythic doesn't really make sense, and it's probably just because of resources they weren't able to make a unique one for him transitioning out of The Nether.
    Fucking resources always showing up sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to reconcile this is that he collapses near death in the nether. He uses the last of his strength to send EVERYONE back to Draenor where he collapses, zaps Gul'Dan and dies outside the nether.

Yes its' sloppy but it is the only way to actually reconcile everything they have on screen.

Did you expect more from Warlords?

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked them on Twitter (Afrasiabi being the one that send the tweet about demons in the nether and Lore being the most active one on Twitter) if Mythic is canon. We will see..

Who ever posted that tweet about demons only being killed in the nether will perma die and that we pretty much kill demons for no apparent reason since they will just return to life, needs to be fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Expersona View Post
    Who ever posted that tweet about demons only being killed in the nether will perma die and that we pretty much kill demons for no apparent reason since they will just return to life, needs to be fired.
    He's only one of biggest creative guys at Blizzard. Basically up there with Metzen and Kaplan

10+ Year Old Account
    Just caught the last few seconds of the video. The INSTANT Archimonde hits 0 it transitions to the cinematic. He doesn't appear to have a death animation inside the nether..so essentially what I wrote above holds

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    He's only one of biggest creative guys at Blizzard. Basically up there with Metzen and Kaplan
    Im sorry but that tweet made me feel so...weak? Like I killed all of those demons for nothing. No real victory is ever achieved kinda thing.

If he is our archimonde, no he's alive since he has to be alive to go on to kill the world tree, remember, even in the AU, we are also in the past.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Basically Blizzard was too lazy to add an in-game cinematic where he teleports us back to Draenor, so they just let the cutscene play while hoping you don't ask questions.