Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Archimonde - a cherry on the cake

Archimonde Mythic is killed in Twisting Nether, but he is not.

Really? I know that Warlords of Draenor is the worst thing that could happen to lore of Warcraft, but this Archimonde... How the hell are we supposed to know what's going on?

Normal - Archimonde and players are in Draenor, near the Black Gate, when they kill him. He dies.
    Mythic - Archimonde and players are in Twisting Nether, they deal the killing blow, and suddenly everyone is on Draenor. How, I ask?

Is this a deus ex machina, so Archimonde doesn't really die and he will be a boss again, because of lollore (yay, let's have another boss for milionth time)? Or just Blizzard didn't care at all and was hoping that players won't have any questions?

I'm just stunned because of what has WoW become. From epic Darrowshire questline, through Thrall's visit in Nagrand and story of Arthas, the Lich King, to killing Archimonde again but not killing him. It doesn't make sense, does it? Just like whole WoD lollore.

Even his voice - he sounds like an angry old man with prostate issues. Here's Archimonde from W3:

and
    Last edited by Radeghost; 2015-07-28 at 09:31 PM.

Yeah, this makes no sense, but at this point i'm not even disappointed anymore. It becomes harder and harder to care...
    Anyway, i would say that this time the non-mythic kill is canon and the Twisting Nether phase was added purely as a "cool" thing without looking at lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Archimonde Mythic is killed in Twisting Nether, but he is not.

Really? I know that Warlords of Draenor is the worst thing that could happen to lore of Warcraft, but this Archimonde... How the hell are we supposed to know what's going on?

Normal - Archimonde and players are in Draenor, near the Black Gate, when they kill him. He dies.
    Mythic - Archimonde and players are in Twisting Nether, they deal the killing blow, and suddenly everyone is on Draenor. How, I ask?

Is this a deus ex machina, so Archimonde doesn't really die and he will be a boss again, because of lollore (yay, let's have another boss for milionth time)? Or just Blizzard didn't care at all and was hoping that players won't have any questions?
    Well, I think you can blame the people who raged over the mythic only phase of Imperator for this. Now we have a mythic only phase for Archimonde, and it could have a big impact on lore, but it doesn't because people didn't want to do mythic (or watch videos of people doing mythic) to learn the actual story.

Deleted
    I'd get the other arguments... but sorry. Darrowshire was some of the daftest, most contrived storytelling Blizzard has ever done. Ever. The continuity was all over the place, the reasoning for why we were doing it was beyond flimsy... it was kind of cool, but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tweeted Afrasiabi but he hasn't answered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Even his voice - he sounds like an angry old man with prostate issues. Here's Archimonde from W3:
    He sounds exactly the same.

I'm gonna ask you how the Garrosh cinematic works on Heroic / Mythic.

Just for clarify it: You defeat Garrosh in his own fantasy realm, you get to hear his yell and see him fall over in this fantasy realm -> MoP Final Cinematic plays.

You even spawn after the cinematic with an unconcious Abomination Garrosh in the fantasy realm to fight over his loot, a little Sha spot on the ground teleports you back to his Throne room.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do understand that demons always return to the nether after their physical body dies, right?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm gonna ask you how the Garrosh cinematic works on Heroic / Mythic.

Just for clarify it: You defeat Garrosh in his own fantasy realm, you get to hear his yell and see him fall over in this fantasy realm -> MoP Final Cinematic plays.

You even spawn after the cinematic with an unconcious Abomination Garrosh in the fantasy realm to fight over his loot, a little Sha spot on the ground teleports you back to his Throne room.
    Clearly you return to fantasy room to gather some evidence for his trial in pandaria. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You do understand that demons always return to the nether after their physical body dies, right?
    What does it have to do with anything? This is not what this thread is about.

The voice acting for Archimonde is fine. Whoever it is did a great job.

In this instance, I would simply accept the normal/heroic encounter as canon, not the Mythic one. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...don't forget: "How are the millions supposed to know that do not raid"?

Or will there be a clickable monument / trophy like in WotLK or DS?
    Even those who don't progression raid, probably do the LFR wings at least once. Very few people don't raid at all.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hmmm, yet I wonder how many truly do LFR. Hey, I know it is anecdotal evidence, but among my WoW playing friends, I am the only one who raids. The others either purely quest or purely pvp. They don't even touch 5 mans.

Just saying...if people wonder that the 80 peeps who so far killed Mythic Archy have a different experience than the others, there are surely MORE than 80 people who will have zero clue that Archimonde is the final boss at all (or how he dies, or what Cinematic plays)
    I remember some data was posted a while ago about raid participation, and the vast majority of players (think it was 90%+) did LFR at least once.

As for those not sure that Archimonde is the final boss, I would assume those people either want it to be a surprise or just don't care about the lore (I'm betting the latter).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    He sounds exactly the same.
    Yeah, for once they used the same voiceactor. Although the Nazgrim-Voiceactor (this one) voices too many bosses atm imo.

the bigger problem is how, lore-wise, a bunch of scrubs/"Commanders" + Durotan/Yrel/Grom (and Khadgar ?) are able to kill Archie + his Twisting Nether zerg army ?

is this the best BL has to offer ?

why didnt they just smash Archies face in in WC3 then ?

hell, Yrel + Maraad + Durotan + Orgrim /w Khagdars support couldnt even really beat Blackhand and now we kill Archimonde ?

or is he really weaker then 4 prominent Azeroth/Draenor heroes with support ?

if so Azshara must be quaking in her boots

Deathwing was MUCH more impressive, he no sold everything and everyone except the supercharged Demon Soul (which the BL also feared during WotA) and even that required multiple hits to the face

Archie would probably get one-shot by DS

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Archie would probably get one-shot by DS
    I remember a thread from a few weeks that ago that claimed Archimonde was the strongest boss we have ever faced and would wipe the floor with Deathwing.

Times change.

I could see Archimonde beating regular Aspect Neltharion/Deathwing, though after his loss in HFC not even 100% sure of that

but Cata/DS Olg God bloated Deathwing that took DS lasers to face and required other Aspects giving up their powers permanently - no way

in the Charge of the Aspects short story the Aspects even flat out say Deathwing has become ~immune to being killed conventionally due to OG mojo and only DS alone can do the job (all the armies of Azeroth combined would not b able to accomplish it)

and he was going to break/destroy the world with Cataclysm spell which is a ~Well of Eternity level power and far above what Archimonde and KJ have shown so far (keep in mind WoT even attracted Sargeras himself and its power fueled the giant portal for Sargeras - and when that portal snapped shut it was even able to destroy Sargerases Titan body)
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2015-07-29 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Well, how do you know that his body have to be "dead" in the twisting nether? Aren't the demons just supposed to be killed in the TW in order to be permanentely killed? Archimonde is "killed" in the TW on mythic, but the body is seen in draenor. So how do you know that he isn't dead for good? Never heared that he has to have his body in TW to be perm dead, just that demons have to be killed in the TW.

Deleted
    OP. It's called gameplay.
    He died on Draenor - as seen in the cinematic.

It's a bit off the topic, but it's a thing under that cherry. Did Mannoroth finally die? I think not...
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian