7+ Year Old Account

Smile How is the state of SWTOR?

As the title suggests, how is the state of the game so far?

I ask because I stopped playing awhile ago due to my subscription going out, and with my PC currently under-performing and nightmarish internet connection for the game, I ask how has it been? I stopped playing right around the time the second expansion: The Shadow of Revan was announced, but wasn't released so around last year I believe. I'm curious because I love that game besides FFXIV and am currently getting a new PC and a new internet connection soon.

good. people still play and barely complain about the game.
    10chars
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I play alone. No ops, pvp, or flashpoints (unless I can solo them). I find the game enjoyable and worth my subscription money :P But that's just me. With 12 xp boost going on for class missions (subscribers), it's a good time to play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I play alone. No ops, pvp, or flashpoints (unless I can solo them). I find the game enjoyable and worth my subscription money :P But that's just me. With 12 xp boost going on for class missions (subscribers), it's a good time to play.
    Well you see, I immensely enjoyed the story aspect of the classes storylines and I've only ever finished the SW's Light and Dark side versions of the story and the JK Light version. I remembered creating a Sin Tank, a PT and a Agent (Sniper) before my time went out. But I'm not sure what's been changed.

Was about to ask the same question as OP... wanna add a question tho.

I used to play and had authenticator attached.. now I tried to login but the authenticator just keeps crashing (ios), found that they made a new one so installed that one too.. but obviously it's not connected to my account. So, I cannot login due to needing the security key and their retarded developers destroyed the old authenticator app, which means I can never get any security code.

What now? I couldn't find any "deattach authenticator" or something on their site... Is it completely fubar now and my account locked in cyberspace for the remaining existence of SWTOR? :/

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you call the 1-800 # on the website, once you verify a couple things with them they can remove the old authenticator so you can attach the new one if you'd like.

From my experience, the game continues to improve overall with some issues in a few areas.

The stories are still great to play through and the subscription 12X bonus is pure gold for seeing nothing but the class stories. It's an experience that beats most other MMO's these days for leveling.

End game is not bad but for those that have been playing it's getting a bit stale now. We've been running that content for a while now. As you are returning, should you want to see some FP and OPS, there are plenty of new ones for you to check out. They are pretty fun the first number of times.

I find pvp fun but it still has some hiccups with no new areas but overall we still enjoy it. New pvp season just started too.

You'll find some fairly nice changes to your classes that you do have since SoR happened but nothing so major you won't adjust to quickly. The skill trees are gone and you get your more iconic abilities sooner when leveling (aka tanks feel like tanks sooner etc). You also have this utility side to the skill tree for some extra perks/flavor. It's not my favorite thing since I think it's way to PVP oriented but it's not terrible.

If you enjoyed the game back then, you'll like it now given how long you have been gone and if you really like the stories, BW is making a huge push for story content this Oct 27. You get some decent perks for subbing till then. You can see them here:

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/features

My biggest problem with their current coarse of action is no new PVP areas, no new FP or OPS. Just rehashed old ones pushed to max level. Ne and returning players wont have as much a problem with that. That content is old to long time SWTOR players now, running it again and again is a bit of a let down. BW claims they will put out new ones but that could be well past January 2016 before we see that. Old content is old no matter the boost to level it gets. I hope their heavy reliance on story this fall doesn't bite them in the ass like it did when the game launched. I know we have a few things now that we didn't have back then so I hope things turn out better.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    If you call the 1-800 # on the website, once you verify a couple things with them they can remove the old authenticator so you can attach the new one if you'd like.
    Update: I did call and spoke 10 mins to some CS guy and they removed my old authenticator so I finally could login. Seems this is the ONLY solution atm if you want to get rid of an old and invalid security key.

Bottomline, it work, thanks and yay!

My server Prophecy of the five the only pvp east coast US server seems to be pretty dead but it is summer time and in between expansions.

Deleted
    I love it so far. Just hit the max level (60) with my first character a few weeks ago and I've been playing Ops and Flashpoints as well as some PVP since then.
    The story was awesome and especially Ops can be really fun, even if they are a bit overwhelming at first.

Starting to level my first alt now and story seems rad up to this point. So yeah, from my PoV it's sure as hell worth it.

Deleted
    It's...okay. The stories are good, but after three times going through the side and planetary quests, it gets a bit boring.

Deleted
    From my perspective, the multiplayer part (WarZones, Galactics Starfighters, Flashpoint and Heroics) is the weekest one.

Not because it is bad, borring or sth like that. It's because it's really hard to play them (to find a group)... I sometimes have to wait few hours in a queue... There is no fun in doing FP or Heroics solo :/

What is more, there are people (it happenes for FlashPoints) that queue, but when the group is formed and is waiting for each player to confirm its wiling to play the FP some of them resign/cancel (they do it for fun mainly - to make you angry) so you have to wait again...
    Last edited by mmocb30add8c1c; 2015-08-10 at 11:29 AM.

Do they still RP in this game? RP communities usually keep MMOs going.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyBerry View Post
    I'd disagree with you on that one (they tend to be a minority in most large MMO's), but from what I've heard the RP communities on the RP servers are pretty active.

Disagree with the RP community keeping MMOs going, maybe back before WoW, but not since.

Begeren Colony has a huge RP community on both factions to the point where it's almost impossible to find a non RP guild.

I usually play on RP realms/ servers due to the community being generally nicer than on PvE and especially PvP servers.