My DPS is consistently low :(

I am averaging around 23-25k on boss fights in Heroic BRF/Normal HFC. I understand the rotation for Final Verdict spec and I know that I'm performing it correctly. It seems very luck based and dependent on chaining FV with Divine Storm (which can be annoying to me when it doesn't proc). Could anyone pass along some guidance? I am heavily considering re-rolling to a Hunter or another pure class because I've become so frustrated with my paladin :/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erlazer/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Durtnasty View Post
    I am averaging around 23-25k [...] I understand the rotation
    Not to burst your ... Bubble... But these two do not add up with your gear level. On mobile currently but I'm sure someone can look through your logs, assuming you have some. You will be doing something wrong, everyone does as nobody is perfect.

Also re-rolling won't help your dps if you're not going to learn that one properly either.

Edit:decided to take a look, quick notes:
    You used wings like 17seconds after a pull. Should be on pull with proccs unless otherwise needed... Which it isn't for normal/HC.
    You didn't have wings for hero ( see below)
    You're wasting Holy Power (Using generators at 5 holy power)
    You're only using like 2/3rd the HP you generate, wasting lots of FV
    You need to make sure you're using your L90 talent more
    The raid I looked at must have also been weird/bad with random hero times etc.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-07-29 at 01:05 AM.

Buy a socket for you neck.
    Ring(s) and mastery wep enchant.
    You cloak got some sweet bonus armor .. you´re a tank?
    Those trinkets are rly weak .. try to go BRF Heroic or HFC normal and grab new trinkets.
    Glyph of Templar´s Verdict is vital, GET IT NOW! flat 10% dmg reduce.
    Yes, we depend on alot of stuff to get some good numbers ...
    AND read first page here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...amp-Discussion

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Urthearso View Post
    Buy a socket for you neck.
    Ring(s) and mastery wep enchant.
    You cloak got some sweet bonus armor .. you´re a tank?
    Those trinkets are rly weak .. try to go BRF Heroic or HFC normal and grab new trinkets.
    Glyph of Templar´s Verdict is vital, GET IT NOW! flat 10% dmg reduce.
    Yes, we depend on alot of stuff to get some good numbers ...
    AND read first page here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...amp-Discussion

GL
    Thanks I'll give these suggestions a try.

terrible trinkets, no tier set bonuses, poor usage of holy power(wasted hp) low end enchants/missing enchants, missing gems. single target your char sims at 33k so even if you fix your poor rotation usage you wont see much net gain without good trinkets and tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenslelel View Post
    terrible trinkets, no tier set bonuses, poor usage of holy power(wasted hp) low end enchants/missing enchants, missing gems. single target your char sims at 33k so even if you fix your poor rotation usage you wont see much net gain without good trinkets and tier sets.
    Could you explain more in depth how I'm wasting my holy power?

Quote Originally Posted by Durtnasty View Post
    Could you explain more in depth how I'm wasting my holy power?
    the first guy to respond to you told you... you are sitting at 5 holy power and using holy power generators instead of spending them...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try Hekili, for rotation.

You are obviously doing something wrong rotation wise since I am slightly lower Ilvl than you overall with a 10 ilvl lower weapon and I hold around 33-35k dps on Bosses.

Not saying 33-35k dps is good or that my rotation is perfect, but with your weapon I'd think you could push higher with a correct rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically you want to be using holy power generators all the time to keep them on cooldown as much as you can.
    The reason for this is because if you don't, and you use a holy power consumer when you have a generator available,
    you'll be sitting duck 2 global cooldowns later because the HP generator cooldowns don't line up with each other.
    It needs a consumer in between unless you get lucky with exo procs. Which you shouldn't count on and have the lowest prio of everything anyway.. (given you don't have tier 17 setbonusses)

Once you're able to use Hammer of Wrath this changes. At this point you don't want to have any more holy power than necessary to make room for proc usage whilst being able to keep HoW on cooldown at all times. At that point, you can basically fit in both your HP generators (CS and JM), A Hammer, and then a HP consumer and keep that up until the boss or creature is dead.

If you get an Empowered Storm proc whilst FV is up, it has priority over FV itself. So then you want to use that before you FV. However doing that can mean another generator comes off cooldown before you can FV again. Meaning that also takes priority over FV again. At that point you'll have 5HP and want to FV after the CS, however after that FV HoW will be off cooldown immediately and that will once again put you at 3HP. Now it's safe to FV at 3HP because as long as HoW is available you will never be sitting duck on GCDs.

Edit:

Meh, I try to help.. but I'm not sure this did.. it's quite the wall of text :x

Deleted
    U use Mark of the Shattered Hand as weapon enchant? Dude, u MUST spend your money and buy Mark of Bleeding Hollow

Also aim for Tier sets bonus (like set from nm/heroic BRF, even with 2 pieces), it greatly increase dps.
    Last edited by mmoce08504606a; 2015-07-29 at 07:08 AM.