Has ESO gotten better since launch?

I've been looking for a WoW replacement since I won't be sticking around for the whole year patch of HFC, I bough ESO when it first launched and needless to say was very disappointed, but I saw they released Tamriel Unlimited. Was wondering if anyone plays to give me a run down on whats changed since launch and what they've removed/added etc. I've tried googling what they added with TU but couldn't find really anything.

I been playing ESO since beta and haven't stopped. they have Changed a bunch of stuff. I would go down load it and just play it for your self to honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has definitely gotten better but it's still nothing special. It was totally not worth playing in the beginning but it is now if it's your type of MMO.

The only major change is the way the talent system works. Otherwise, gameplay same old same old. If you didn't like it before you'll probably not like it now.

Nothing was added with TU except the model transition.

As for post launch updates, they've added a larger zone called Craglorn, which is a party zone (for groups of 4) where you fight harder, elite monsters. Dungeons now scale, so you can do them at any level now (though they aren't useful at endgame). 12 man time trial mode has been added for Craglorn dungeons. That's it mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    I've been looking for a WoW replacement since I won't be sticking around for the whole year patch of HFC, I bough ESO when it first launched and needless to say was very disappointed, but I saw they released Tamriel Unlimited. Was wondering if anyone plays to give me a run down on whats changed since launch and what they've removed/added etc. I've tried googling what they added with TU but couldn't find really anything.
    Hasn't changed much besides fixing bugs.

They changed a lot since launch fixed most of the bugs added some raids dungeons and item sets first new dlc is coming out soon excited about that.

Core gameplay has not changed much but im enjoying my time.

I'd say the best "WoW replacement" atm would be FF14. Uses a similar system of item levels, dungeon queues, has raids, etc. but at the same time a lot of story content they update at fairly regular intervals thats done a lot better than the "living story" stuff in GW2, for example.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not max level or anything yet, I'm having a lot of fun in eso. It's not your typical mmo where you just run from one quest to the next, because there's so much in between to collect/explore.
    No idea about endgame content, but the leveling & crafting system sure is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I'd say the best "WoW replacement" atm would be FF14. Uses a similar system of item levels, dungeon queues, has raids, etc. but at the same time a lot of story content they update at fairly regular intervals thats done a lot better than the "living story" stuff in GW2, for example.
    FFXIV is definitely a solid MMO right now,. Probably the best considering the features other MMOs have that FF doesn't are doing horribly which means those features FFXIV lacks essentially don't exist, and the features FF does have it does great with them. At least that's how I feel. I just can't stand the global cd. It totally throws my gameplay off.

The story was nice, I liked the raids, great features, but damn the combat is slow ass braindead garbage cancer like 99% of MMOs out right now.

Inventory is still always full and you "have to do" (because you can) all the professions? God that was the reason i quit ESO back then. Doing quests, having to return to the city to empty your inventory, use all the materials for professions, trying to get someone for trading materials for faster profession leveling, trying to fit the rest of the materials SOMEHOW in the bank that was TOTALLY full before.... This was always the same schematics: 30min play, 45min juggling around with materials... Godawful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I just can't stand the global cd. It totally throws my gameplay off.
    This.

If ff14 played more like kingdom hearts, that would've been awesome.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    FFXIV is definitely a solid MMO right now,. Probably the best considering the features other MMOs have that FF doesn't are doing horribly which means those features FFXIV lacks essentially don't exist, and the features FF does have it does great with them. At least that's how I feel. I just can't stand the global cd. It totally throws my gameplay off.

The story was nice, I liked the raids, great features, but damn the combat is slow ass braindead garbage cancer like 99% of MMOs out right now.
    Quite a lot has changed in ESO. The weaponswap is way smoother since launch. Stamina builds can be super strong. Softcaps were removed. It seems to be doing pretty well, and there is a big DLC coming up.

FFXIV is a lot of fun. The combat isn't slow unless you are low level. The story, the dungeons, encounters---all PVE are well done and a lot of fun. The only real problem I have with the game is that by max level you need 3-4 full quickbars because of all the ability bloat. This is ultimately why my friend (and therefore me as well) left the game. It was pretty high at 50, but the expansion added 5 more abilities on top of that. PVP addes another 6-7 abilities on top of the too many you already have.

Both ESO and FFXIV are doing pretty well at the moment. ESO is free to try out though, so I recommend you try it...and try to get to early 20s, so you can get weaponswap, a good sample of abilities, experience the first 2 tiers of dungeons, and check out more than the starter zones.

I feel ESO has gotten much better across the board, but the way the game was designed, it's not all that enjoyable playing alone, and yet, it seems almost penalizing if you player with others because the questing system was designed for solo'ing. So unless you can communicate with your party, you will get lost between each other.

ESO was one of those games where I enjoyed it, but I didn't feel it was worth my personal time, because of the way I play my games with the investment towards "Playing with groups of friends."
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!