Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Human supremacism

Do you think if we ever meet intelligent life and become part of an intergalactic community racism between different ethnicities of humans would be replaced by racism toward different forms of life? Would human supremacist groups form? Would you ever join a human supremacist group? I on the other hand believe all forms of life are equal. I believe in intergalactic cooperation.

Deleted
    ok scotty

w/e we'll never meet any anyway

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I would welcome our Alien Overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Do you think if we ever meet intelligent life and become part of an intergalactic community racism between different ethnicities of humans would be replaced by racism toward different forms of life? Would human supremacist groups form? Would you ever join a human supremacist group? I on the other hand believe all forms of life are equal. I believe in intergalactic cooperation.
    I'm more inclined to think that if an intelligent life form exist there is 50% chance that they consider humans beneath them, sort like Predator consider the humans a nice prey to hunt. Funny extremely funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'll bet some of the religious groups will. God created us in his image, not the Keplerians of Kepler 452B.

The thought of some dimwitted evangelical trying to convert alien races to Christianity amuses me though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, wondering by the avatar and the OP's name, was this post inspired by Cerberus and the Illusive Man's claims?
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    They would likely be vastly more advanced. Humans would have to be their best friend. Like how dogs are to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The thought of some dimwitted evangelical trying to convert alien races to Christianity amuses me though.
    this post made me think about a book I read a long time ago: The High Crusade
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Replaced? No. I don't think even aliens will make us stop hating one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    We won't, so it won't matter.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something that would make me laugh would be if say Aliens landed and Scanned the Biology of all Humans and actually straight up went.

"So X race is clearly the superior Race on this Planet, we will be dealing with them"

I could imagine the faces of millions of SJW's suddenly getting rustled.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Something that would make me laugh would be if say Aliens landed and Scanned the Biology of all Humans and actually straight up went.

"So X race is clearly the superior Race on this Planet, we will be dealing with them"

I could imagine the faces of millions of SJW's suddenly getting rustled.
    Plot twist; that race is cats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Plot twist; that race is cats.
    I thought it was mice and the Earth was just their supercomputer.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Suffer no the xenos to live !!!

Deleted
    I don't think it would be replaced by it but likely superseeded. First of all we would need to get rid of all those xeno loving traitors tho.

id be ok with the aliens. i mean they probly have much better technology than us. and humans do have many faults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biblically speaking, human beings are the lowest form of intelligent life in many ways... so I doubt those who understand this are going to set themselves up as supremacists.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    id be ok with the aliens. i mean they probly have much better technology than us. and humans do have many faults.
    Which is probably why the human race would be destroyed if we encountered a technologically superior race.

Deleted
    I on the other hand believe all forms of life are equal.
    Do you eat fruits, seeds and nuts only?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I thought it was mice and the Earth was just their supercomputer.
    no one caught that...... what a shame....
    Well said mister...

Anyway, Yes.. The answer is Yes.
    If you pay a little bit attention, you will see how two groups rather quickly discard their prejudices towards each other temporarily, if there's a third group they both want to target..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

You can see it happening in the US. During WWII everyone came together, whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, although things reverted once the war was over.

It might take something like a war though.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland