Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We'll have both types of racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, for the same reasons, we have any specific group bound by any superficial similarities, and equating that to being the same or for the same cause or caring about the same issues. However I think for the most should Human's meet other intelligent life, most of what we imagine will seem upside down and on it's head.

Racism, is purely fucking stupid concept, that like most things we fail to progress past.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

More likely, it would be the other way around. People would worship them as gods, since that's essentially what they would be to us.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Nope. If there was a war with alien civilization, then humans could probably set aside their differences and focus on defeating enemy. But otherwise, nothing will really change. Why would encountering alien race make someone who consider blacks as subhumans to change his mind? I don't see a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    More likely, it would be the other way around. People would worship them as gods, since that's essentially what they would be to us.
    Not necessarily. If they actually came here, perhaps. But it's entirely possible for us to shout across the cosmos to some species at the same technological and social level as ourselves, so long as we can find them.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Of course not. How else would there be TvT in starcraft?

-"Fear The Alien. Hate The Alien. Kill The Alien."

Why do we fight?
    -To protect the Imperium and deliver mankind from the evil of the xenos, the mutant and the heretic!
    What is the xenos?
    -A blight to be purged!

Those who seek to ingratiate themselves with Xenos are traitors to the Imperium of Mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, I'll bet some of the religious groups will. God created us in his image, not the Keplerians of Kepler 452B.

The thought of some dimwitted evangelical trying to convert alien races to Christianity amuses me though.
    Evangelicals trying to convert them to Christianity is actually not the worst reaction possible. I have read a evangelical blog talking about aliens a few years ago. The conclusion was: If aliens really exists they must all be irredeemably evil since Jesus was only sent to Earth.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want aliens to come down and breed with us.
    I want to breed with aliens.
    Or them to use me as a breeding container.
    Either way, it can only strengthen our gene pool.

Hopefully they have dolphin like features.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

I do think we'd probably replace our racism with racism towards aliens. Some people always need an "other" to blame all the problems on. The Irish were it at one point, and Italians. But that's been let go of.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I do think we'd probably replace our racism with racism towards aliens. Some people always need an "other" to blame all the problems on. The Irish were it at one point, and Italians. But that's been let go of.
    Goddamn Kelperians, taking all our jobs.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Something that would make me laugh would be if say Aliens landed and Scanned the Biology of all Humans and actually straight up went.

"So X race is clearly the superior Race on this Planet, we will be dealing with them"

I could imagine the faces of millions of SJW's suddenly getting rustled.
    Considering there is only 1 race of human beings, i guess they'd be dealing with something other than humans if they didn't select a human to "deal with".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Human reactions to alien contact.

If they are good aliens we should EXTERMINATUS them.

If they are bad aliens we should EXTERMINATUS them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Would you ever join a human supremacist group?
    Been a member since day one. White male o/
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Plot twist; that race is cats.
    It's cows, South Park already figured it out.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi