Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sorry to bump this thread, but I wanted to clarify a few questions.

Let's say it's the literal start of a fight. Maalus is used and Soul Cap procs. This means that at 0s (fight start) you have 15s for Maalus and 10s for Soul Cap.

1) For the full duration of Soul Cap (10s), Maalus (15s) will be active. Does this mean that the 25% extra damage provided by the ring will be factored in to the 130% damage explosion from Soul Cap? Basically, these two proccing at the same time is a good thing, yes? It just means that the Soul Cap explosion will do even more damage (from the 25% damage boost via Maalus) causing the Maalus explosion to also deal even more damage, right? Or did I read that wrong? So, a timeline in-case I'm not being understood.

0s (fight start) --> Maalus used (15s duration) --> first attack most likely triggers Soul Cap (10s duration) --> Rotation/CDs --> 10s mark = Soul Cap exploding --> 15s mark = Maalus exploding. This is ideal, correct? Both the trinket and ring get full benefit and maximum damage is done.

2) The only time I'd cancel the Soul Cap buff is if Soul Cap would expire a few seconds *after* Maalus exploding, yes? This is so the Soul Cap explosion is added to the Maalus instead of nothing being added because Soul Cap absorbs all of the damage, correct?

Yes, that's correct. You want to cancelaura if your Soul Cap is going to explode shortly after the ring expires (I'm sure there's an optimal time, probably in the 0-4 second range, but I haven't done the math/sims to know for sure). In all other situations, just let it rock.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Yes, that's correct. You want to cancelaura if your Soul Cap is going to explode shortly after the ring expires (I'm sure there's an optimal time, probably in the 0-4 second range, but I haven't done the math/sims to know for sure). In all other situations, just let it rock.
    Awesome, appreciate the fast reply! Got my ring a lot later than most (horrible luck with the Ship Missions and Books) and wanted to know how to factor this in to my rotation. Gonna be fun to see what it can do on Mythic Gorefiend! >: )