Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Are you serious? Not having periods is not a sign of good health, it's a sign of bad!
    It's why it's called a mental disorder. They're crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. There is a large group of people who over do healthy eating to the point that they become unhealthy.

I disagree with the choice of titles here, but there are extremes to eating "clean". Especially people that blog about removing everything from your diet including whole grains. It really becomes an OCD and ironically unhealthy. That said, I would love for healthy eating to be labeled a mental disorder so I can sit around eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

It specifically says in the portion that the OP's page quotes... People who are compelled not to eat something because they believe the food is impure.
    AHH MAH GOD IT HAS MSG!

I wouldn't call it a mental disorder, just an echo chamber of OMG GLUTEN IS BAD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    That said, I would love for healthy eating to be labeled a mental disorder so I can sit around eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew all day.
    What's stopping you?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    AHH MAH GOD IT HAS MSG!

I wouldn't call it a mental disorder, just an echo chamber of OMG GLUTEN IS BAD.

- - - Updated - - -

What's stopping you?
    Thinking protein is bad for you is a mental illness.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Are American males going to have to go to Europe or Asia for attractive females?
    This really poor wording and laughable logic at best. Also offensive and marginalizing. As if all American males share the same bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious? Not having periods is not a sign of good health, it's a sign of bad!
    These are no doubt the same people who believe periods are forced upon them by the patriarchy.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Thinking protein is bad for you is a mental illness.
    Explains PETA....
    ~RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelion View Post
    lol

guy tells someone that their source is garbage, then procedes to give a link to wikipedia as a good source...

I will give an example of what this is saying.

You avoid a social situation like going to a restaurant with friends or family because they don't have an option "healthy/clean" enough for you. This is an eating disorder.
    This isn't many years back when wikipedia was still in its infancy and had yet to be reviewed by professionals and experts on the related subject matter.

You might want to start living in the present rather than be fixated by the past which no longer applies - Wikipedia is indeed the best entry-level source there is in existence and is certainly leaps and bounds more reliable, advanced and factual than a proven pseudoscience website.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    This isn't many years back when wikipedia was still in its infancy and had yet to be reviewed by professionals and experts on the related subject matter.

You might want to start living in the present rather than be fixated by the past which no longer applies - Wikipedia is indeed the best entry-level source there is in existence and is certainly leaps and bounds more reliable, advanced and factual than a proven pseudoscience website.
    read my next post, then proceed to slap yourself in the face for being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelion View Post
    If you use Wikipedia to prove a point or for research you are literally retarded. I did not know references to News articles and blogs were considered actual science source info. This is not a shot at you btw.
    Last edited by Zelion; 2015-07-30 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    This video is stupid beyond believe. Youtube should remove it for possible health issues caused in the viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It specifically says in the portion that the OP's page quotes... People who are compelled not to eat something because they believe the food is impure.
    Uhh poor choice of words.......

That they didn't see the implications well...

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Are American males going to have to go to Europe or Asia for attractive females?
    No because fat is very healthy and very sexy. Right? =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in real life, so I have some expert opinion here. I think that this website and article are grossly misinformed. Orthorexia does not refer to one's healthy preference to eat food that is better for them. It refers to someone's all-consuming obsession over eating whatever they perceive to be "healthy." This obsession must be so onerous that it severely impairs the individual's social and occupational functioning. In other words, their behavior is disturbing to other people, so no one wants to be around that individual (especially at dinner); and, that individual can't hold a job because he is spending his work time preoccupied with his obsessions. At its worst, orthorexia could cause the individual to go several days without eating if their "healthy" food is not available. Obviously, this could cause all sorts of health issues.

We had a client in our center who struggled with orthorexia. The delusional symptoms persisted for so long that she met the DSM-5 criteria for Brief Psychotic Disorder (less severe form of Schizophrenia). This is a serious issue that the trolls at "Natural Society" will never understand. It's worth pointing out that orthorexia is not a current diagnosis in the DSM-5, but many people struggle with symptoms associated with this term.

Read beyond the headline, folks. This isn't some conspiracy to make people fat.
    Last edited by Freese; 2015-07-30 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in real life, so I have some expert opinion here. I think that this website and article are grossly misinformed. Orthorexia does not refer to one's healthy preference to eat food that is better for them. It refers to someone's all-consuming obsession over eating whatever they perceive to be "healthy." This obsession must be so onerous that it severely impairs the individual's social and occupational functioning. In other words, their behavior is disturbing to other people, so no one wants to be around that individual (especially at dinner); and, that individual can't hold a job because he is spending his work time preoccupied with his obsessions. At its worst, orthorexia could cause the individual to go several days without eating if their "healthy" food is not available. Obviously, this could cause all sorts of health issues.

We had a client in our center who struggled with orthorexia. The delusional symptoms persisted for so long that she met the DSM-5 criteria for Brief Psychotic Disorder (less severe form of Schizophrenia). This is a serious issue that the trolls at "Natural Society" will never understand. It's worth pointing out that orthorexia is not a current diagnosis in the DSM-5, but many people struggle with symptoms associated with this term.

Read beyond the headline, folks. This isn't some conspiracy to make people fat.
    Thank you for this information.

15+ Year Old Account
    So where did OP get femininsts from?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Define obsession. Am I obsessed for reading food packages? Am I obsessed for following a strict diet?
    I would say so, if you read every package. Thats the very definition of obsessive. Having a compulsion to do something repeatedly, and not being able to act on it causes you stress

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    What if I refuse to eat something in a calm manner. Am I still mentally ill?
    I dont know about mentally ill but if you put healthiness above all else, and always deprive yourself of foods you would like to eat but refuse solely for health reasons, I would say its the exact behavior this article describes. Lighten up and enjoy yourself for a change
    Last edited by Orlong; 2015-07-30 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    All that idiotic gluten crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I would say so, if you read every package. Thats the very definition of obsessive. Having a compulsion to do something repeatedly, and not being able to act on it causes you stress
    I compulsively read food packages for humor. Peanuts. Ingredients: Peanuts, salt. Allergen information: Contains peanuts. lols.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

So...because some clever people saying that people with eating disorders to not eat at all, which is equally as unhealthy as eating junk and too much of it, you think it's endorsing obesity?

Jesus christ, I thought people at least had the basic reading skills...

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    So...because some clever people saying that people with eating disorders to not eat at all, which is equally as unhealthy as eating junk and too much of it, you think it's endorsing obesity?

Jesus christ, I thought people at least had the basic reading skills...
    People need to learn how to read beyond headlines. Take a class in rhetoric.