Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A world without Sniper Training.

Stupid. How I have to start this. I mainly played BM up until now I've made the swap to MM in both PvE and PvP. So I'm going to cater to both here and share my opinions. First for PvE, personally I know I already have a bunch of weak auras for hellfire in general and MM. I know it sounds like nit-picking but if you really think about it, our mastery as MM. Is beyond terrible. BM and SV mastery reflect the class perfectly. But for some reason in order to increase our damage we have to change how we have played hunter. That's why we are badass we can do anything and do amazing damage. IMO what we should have for mastery is when we aim shot we gain a % buff for 3-4 seconds or increase the cast speed when we aim shot by x% for 10-15 seconds. So that way we can still move cast aim shots. And not be standing around like a douche losing out on 10-15% dmg. Because we can't stand still on a specific fight. Which if anyone has noticed most fights require heavy movement.

And to the PvP side of things I just have one thing to say when are you ever standing still... I love all three specs I think they all play great. But MM being my overall favorite. I just wish it played smoother.

- - - Updated - - -

I JUST WANT TO BE LEET.

Deleted
    Pointless crying. Every single fight in HFC is perfectly playable with a >90% uptime of Sniper Training. All i see is someone whining because he can't jump around like a retard while DPSing

Nah. Like I said I love the specs. Just MM could have a better mastery. Basically all I'm saying. And I mainly PvP on my hunter and I noticed how bad having sniper training is. It's what makes MM useless in arena. But since most people here are PvE and I do PvE on my hunter I think I'm pretty inclined to say that sniper training blows. And compared to the other two specs mastery. MM is lackluster. But you're obviously to ignorant to actually read what is being said.

I know a sick Mastery, get this,

The further you stand away from the target, the more damage you deal, with Mastery increasing your max range AND this damage bonus!!1

Deleted
    I never liked sniper training either, especially in pvp it is complete dog.

Sniper training is alright. But to say it's completely useless is hard to say because fights that you can maintain uptime on the buff it's a nice increase to damage. And the whole extra range thing it is cool but realistically it's gotten me into some situations where I've lost dps. Not a crazy amount but still a loss. For the PvE world it's a okay mastery perk.

But in the PVP world which I'm assuming you are more into I 100% see how it's kinda dog shit. And useless. And I agree. I solely PVP but I run BM and SV. And if I can give you any advice BM is a lot better for BGs. Arena they are good as well specially w/ adapt last stand ftw. But I prefer SV for arena.

Deleted
    All those posts read like MM would deal no damage at all without Sniper Training...

And MM is sick in BGs, especially rated with an organized group. Sniper Training is just a bonus there, really.

Deleted
    as az mentioned i Think MM mastery actualy should work like the class trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vholu View Post
    All those posts read like MM would deal no damage at all without Sniper Training...

And MM is sick in BGs, especially rated with an organized group. Sniper Training is just a bonus there, really.

Survival is billion times more useful in RBG.

- - - Updated - - -

MM is useful for killing blows. Last I checked KBs don't make you win. DMG > KBs

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    as az mentioned i Think MM mastery actualy should work like the class trinket.
    I was being sarcastic. It'd be fucking awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyn View Post
    Pointless crying. Every single fight in HFC is perfectly playable with a >90% uptime of Sniper Training. All i see is someone whining because he can't jump around like a retard while DPSing
    Say that on others in raid who ignore you in range meters
    I like the mechanic but when you are in weird raid its such a dps loss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotles View Post
    but if you really think about it, our mastery as MM
    I thought about MM mastery and think it's the best, most enjoyable mastery in the game and I hope blizzard will never change it. And I play pvp.

What is great about BM and SV masteries? Passive stats. MM mastery reflects the focusing of shots, planning of movement and is actually adding to optimization of the spec, while being interesting (range, damage and crit damage). It fits both thematically and mechanically to the gameplay. MM is the only spec I constantly find fun to play and it's also because of sniper training.

(◕‿◕✿) Mastery should be Aimed/Multishots spawn a volley from the sky for X% split weapon damage around the target (◕‿◕✿)

Deleted
    How about "Whenever your Aimed shot, Steady shot or Chimera shot critically hits your targets gets a bleed debuff for % of the damage dealt"

???

Deleted
    How about no.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    How about "Whenever your Aimed shot, Steady shot or Chimera shot critically hits your targets gets a bleed debuff for % of the damage dealt"

???
    Sounds like old Piercing Shots? It'd be down for that.

i have just 1 thing to say about mm: if i had want standing still and if i had want to cast long casts, i had played a caster. hunter is NOT a caster. mm is exactly that. i hate mm.

Deleted
    Good thing you have two other specs that are different.

Deleted
    I'd be down for piercing shots as our Mastery. That said though, I like the Sniper Training mechanic; it fits (anyone saying it doesn't because lolmobility is an idiot), it's nicely thematic and it's actually rewarding to use once you get used to the stutter stepping to keep it up. It is a bit of a sideline thing in PVP I guess because staying still is more difficult but it's far from impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I was being sarcastic. It'd be fucking awful.
    rofl, i love you man.

I wish MM mastery was like every X amount of auto shots dealt increased damage based on Mastery or something... kind of like Caitlyn's headshot in League of Legends.