Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Criminal Negligence requires intent in New Mexico.
    He doesn't need to have it proven that he hung up with the intention of having the victim die. Once again, this is not the issue. He had the intent to hang up and leave them by themselves with no guidance or instructions at all. Look at how much public backlash and outcry there is. This is a serious motherfucking issue that this guy just hung up on people who needed his help.

He was a man in a position specifically designed and instated to help people with situations like this and was meant to uphold an image and reputation that people in situations such as the one the callers were in can innately trust to give them proper aid.

If the way he hung up on them wasn't 'intent to leave them alone and without the guidance of what was supposed to be a trusted and professional operative' in your eyes, then I don't know what other words to tell you.

911 is fucking useless everywhere. The only time I had to call it, some crazy fuck in an 18 wheeler decided he was going to try to run my mom and I off the road, and when I called I was told "Hey, we don't have anyone in your immediate vicinity, give us a call back if the situation escalates and we'll see if we can spare someone." (Out in the country where nothing ever happens) Luckily our car was a lot faster than the guy's truck. The woman I talked to didn't exactly cut me off and hang up on me, but she made no effort to help or stay on the line, either.

I don't know enough about the law to have an opinion about what should happen to the guy in this story, but he sounds like an asshat too.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Sad, but don't be an asshole to people who want to help you and you will get help.
    Because asking the same question over and over is really helping...

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Of course it is because dude needed to, in order:

1) shut the fuck up
    2) stop being a prick, and
    3) answer his goddamn questions

Problem solved. Clarity in communication established.
    Uh..what? She did answer the question, he asked it again after she answered and she got impatient then he hung up on her. I wouldn't expect people to be super civil in a situation like that, and i don't understand how anyone could. I don't even know if he can, but i really hope he gets charged or sued or something for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow the amount of people actually defending the dispatcher in this thread is kind of shocking, even for MMO Champ. Absolute subjectivity is a fucking joke. If you can't handle panicked and stressed out callers saying some cuss words don't fucking take the job. I hope they face some sort of charges for negligence.