Trinkets Per Spec Per Boss

With how messy trinkets are in practice vs sims and people asking what's best, I'd like to start this thread and update based on that other's think and have tried. For now going to ignore heroic vs mythic HFC and assume that any HM or BRF trinkets are Mythic.

So far IMO:

Destro
    HFC: UGoS + DSI
    Reaver: FotDS + DSI
    Kormrok: FotDS + DSI
    Kilrogg: GSR + DSI
    Gorefiend: GSR + DSI
    Iskar: UGoS + DSI
    Socrethar: GSR + DSI
    Xhul: UGoS + DSI
    Manno: UGoS + DSI
    Archi: GSR + DSI

Afflic
    Reaver: FotDS + DSI
    Kormrok: FotDS + DSI
    Council: SoN + DSI
    Tyrant: SoN + DSI
    Zakuun: FotDS + DSI

Thoughts? Any you'd change and why?

I really dont believe in PoF for a warlock even though another lock is adamant that it's great on multiple fights. I think we just cast too slow to get enough out of it, but could be better on HFA where it's all AoE + executes?

I dont have a DUT, PoF, or Sandman's so let me know you've had good results with them or think they should be in there.
    Last edited by Astynax; 2015-07-29 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like a damn tank with how often we change trinkets on a per fight/per spec basis. I agree with you on PoF, if you aren't demo its really hard to get the most out of that trinket as destro. What other trinket should we use on council/tyrant as affliction if we don't have an SoN? Piston/DUT?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

DSI on everything in every spec.

I use fragment on iskar but as the mobs are dying faster I'll probably end up switching to GSR, the rest are all GSR for destro.

As aff I use fragment on council, and darmacs on tyrant, zakuun, fel reaver.

And the only fight I play demo on (mannoroth) I use fragment.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    I feel like a damn tank with how often we change trinkets on a per fight/per spec basis. I agree with you on PoF, if you aren't demo its really hard to get the most out of that trinket as destro. What other trinket should we use on council/tyrant as affliction if we don't have an SoN? Piston/DUT?

Yeah probably Piston > DUT then maybe CSP

Darmacs has given me better results than piston, but they're both close.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I have heroic UGoS but I'm getting better results using mythic warforged GSR...i guess its debatable but i think that 4% of my total dmg that UGoS does doesnt do enough compared to crit u get from GSR to be worth using. U can do some serious damage when GSR procs but u can't really control UGoS, it's completely random.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    I have heroic UGoS but I'm getting better results using mythic warforged GSR...i guess its debatable but i think that 4% of my total dmg that UGoS does doesnt do enough compared to crit u get from GSR to be worth using. U can do some serious damage when GSR procs but u can't really control UGoS, it's completely random.

Any specific boss youre using GSR on over UGoS?

I think it's pretty reliant on when the proc occurs. For something like Iskar I could get a ton of DPS out of it procs during the add waves, but if not then I'm just "wasting" it on solo pumping the boss, whereas UGoS has a fairly decent number of procs per minute and would always have the effect ready for adds

I got a Mythic Warforged Reaver Piston with a socket. Does this mean that I'm locked to this Piston+DSI for every Aff fight, or is Darmac's/SoN still better?

Closing because of duplicate thread.