Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    in windows update i have a bunch of failed updates to win 10 since yesterday.
    I swear that was one of the common problems people experience with Windows update that I claimed happens but people told me I was wrong. Cause it doesn't happen to them it must never happen.

yeah its definitely a thing

I downloaded it directly off the Microsoft website and didn't have to wait on the update although i forget the url, sure you can google it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Installed Win 10 Pro via the MediaCreationToolx64 from MS website. Runs fine so far with no errors. Make sure you disable OneDrive, Edge und Cortana though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What about the bios/firmware? Have you tried updating those?
    hmm whens the last time anyone updated firmware for anything that ended up solving the problem?

I always hear that as 'i have no idea, but want to appear intelligent so i say update firmware cause it sounds sophisticated'.

i was under the impression that drivers are written to work with firmware, not firmware being updated to work with drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    Installed Win 10 Pro via the MediaCreationToolx64 from MS website. Runs fine so far with no errors. Make sure you disable OneDrive, Edge und Cortana though
    Can you disable Edge and why would you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    hmm whens the last time anyone updated firmware for anything that ended up solving the problem?

I always hear that as 'i have no idea, but want to appear intelligent so i say update firmware cause it sounds sophisticated'.

i was under the impression that drivers are written to work with firmware, not firmware being updated to work with drivers.
    Updating firmware might help when there seems to be "physical" (major) problems with the hardware. Usually when stuff doesn't start at all, because that's where the firmware is doing the stuff, drivers aren't even loaded yet.

Firmware updates have fixed one motherboard (crashing and hardware detecting issues) and one mouse (mouse didn't power up, it only powered up by unplugging and replugging the USB cord while the comp was running, firmware update fixed that) for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Can you disable Edge and why would you?
    Edge is useless compared to Chrome and FireFox. Edge currently doesn't have extensions which means no Adblock, No-Script, etc. Chrome and FireFox are also multi-platform which means I can easily go between different machines and keep all my stuff. Chrome does this easily between PC and Android which is nice, except Chrome for Android also has no extensions. FireFox though with their sync brings everything including extensions to every platform.

Microsoft is so worried about Edges performance that they forgot about what makes everyone use Chrome and Firefox and that's extensions and cross-platform. Edge would probably work great if you use Windows on your PC, tablet, phone, and game console and you love ads. You really must love ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Edge is useless compared to Chrome and FireFox. Edge currently doesn't have extensions which means no Adblock, No-Script, etc. Chrome and FireFox are also multi-platform which means I can easily go between different machines and keep all my stuff. Chrome does this easily between PC and Android which is nice, except Chrome for Android also has no extensions. FireFox though with their sync brings everything including extensions to every platform.

Microsoft is so worried about Edges performance that they forgot about what makes everyone use Chrome and Firefox and that's extensions and cross-platform. Edge would probably work great if you use Windows on your PC, tablet, phone, and game console and you love ads. You really must love ads.
    Give it some time, it might surprise us in the long run. I'm keeping it, won't use it but will observe it's progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the lack of "past and go" strange... Guess I'm just used to it. And the scroll/typing lag sometimes is annoying.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-07-30 at 08:04 PM.