Thread: get ready

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

get ready

so the new expansion just got confirmed to be announced at gamescon.
    We as a community has to voice our opinion and say "we play this class,we love this class,we want it to strive"
    warlord bullshit design wont happen again over my dead body

I'm begging every warrior on the knees let's make our class fun again
    Last edited by Lightup; 2015-07-29 at 06:43 PM.

Fun is a very subjective term

Subjective or not, it was glaringly lacking from the class this expansion, it's no coincidence that it comes up over and over as missing. I would almost say there's enough evidence to say it doesn't exist in current warrior design.

Quote Originally Posted by koss View Post
    Fun is a very subjective term
    sure but arms is not fun so there's no subject

also warrior dps as a whole really lack the warrior feel it's like oh you chose a arms warrior than you are arms
    at the end of the day im still a warrior why cant I have shield wall/overpower/heroic strike etc because im not a tank that's really taking the "warrior" from warriors
    Last edited by Lightup; 2015-07-29 at 05:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bottom line is that the current designs were lacking.

Fury: Remove raging blow have BT crits enrage and proc a "cleave" attack on our next MH swing.
    WS hits with both weapons and has a new sound effect and is our rage dump/hard hitter outside execute phase

Arms: Replace WW with Overpower
    TC is now our AOE
    Overpower procs from multistrikes
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't adding anything to classes. They're more likely to remove things and/or readjust classes with new elements we've never seen before. IDK why these idea threads always have people listing old abilities like Deadly Calm, Berserker Stance or Overpower when they aren't coming back.

Next expansion Warrior is likely going to be the same as current Warrior with a few QoL changes and slight readjustments. Same old shit, same old cage just with a new coat of paint splashed on.

There's a lot of things people think are fun. Ask 100 players to come up with one way to make Warriors "fun" and you'll get 100 different ideas. Brainstorming is cool, but that's generally not helpful, because most of the ideas are so completely radical they'd never be implemented.

Blizzard does not have a good track record of taking player suggestion. They like to use their own ideas, and don't like feeling as if the players are designing their games. This has been a long standing point of contention between players are designers, and a big reason why many players feel as if devs don't listen.

Feel free to brainstorm all you want, but if you really want an idea to make its way into the game, I suggest you start small. What small change could be made that would greatly increase the play style?

Example: My long proposed change of resetting the cooldown of BT when it doesn't crit would go a long way towards improving multiple areas of Fury game play in one swoop. I won't call it a simple change, but changing one ability is a whole lot less involved than changing every ability. Likewise the talent tree revamp we've proposed over and over again would go a long way toward smoothing out Warrior balance and talent choice, without actually requiring a whole host of new abilities be designed to replace them.

TLDR: If you really want your ideas read, start small and look for the changes that really make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    They aren't adding anything to classes. They're more likely to remove things and/or readjust classes with new elements we've never seen before. IDK why these idea threads always have people listing old abilities like Deadly Calm, Berserker Stance or Overpower when they aren't coming back.

Next expansion Warrior is likely going to be the same as current Warrior with a few QoL changes and slight readjustments. Same old shit, same old cage just with a new coat of paint splashed on.
    Ion himself said they may gone overboard with some classes in regards to pruning I'm sure arms warriors are on the list
    if you're right and we wont get an overhaul than I'm done with wow and going to play my favorite class on a private server

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    There's a lot of things people think are fun. Ask 100 players to come up with one way to make Warriors "fun" and you'll get 100 different ideas. Brainstorming is cool, but that's generally not helpful, because most of the ideas are so completely radical they'd never be implemented.

Blizzard does not have a good track record of taking player suggestion. They like to use their own ideas, and don't like feeling as if the players are designing their games. This has been a long standing point of contention between players are designers, and a big reason why many players feel as if devs don't listen.

Feel free to brainstorm all you want, but if you really want an idea to make its way into the game, I suggest you start small. What small change could be made that would greatly increase the play style?

Example: My long proposed change of resetting the cooldown of BT when it doesn't crit would go a long way towards improving multiple areas of Fury game play in one swoop. I won't call it a simple change, but changing one ability is a whole lot less involved than changing every ability. Likewise the talent tree revamp we've proposed over and over again would go a long way toward smoothing out Warrior balance and talent choice, without actually requiring a whole host of new abilities be designed to replace them.

TLDR: If you really want your ideas read, start small and look for the changes that really make a difference.
    well that comment made my day
    if I had to pick mastery opportunity strike and CS sudden death back giving some kind of interesting proc and adding to the basic arms rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Lightup View Post
    well that comment made my day
    if I had to pick mastery opportunity strike and CS sudden death back giving some kind of interesting proc and adding to the basic arms rotation
    FWIW I'm not trying to shit on your ideas, but even I struggled to read your OP.

Renaming an ability for instance... doesn't really accomplish much. I get it plays to the nostalgia factor, but it's like renaming Wild Strike to Heroic Strike doesn't suddenly make a shit ability into a good one!

Regarding Arms:
    I don't want Whirlwind as a single target filler.

And the 45 talent tier needs some serious work done to it, it shouldn't be based off mechanics we once had baseline.. Or at the very least, make them feel meaningful. Sudden Death feels so mediocre compared to Furys Sudden Death, it either needs to hit as hard as a real execute but that can cause pvp burst concerns so we might as well get something new there to replace it.

I like your idea Archimtiros you mentioned in a different thread of the 45 talent tier being something like Rend OR Colossus Smash OR Whatever, feels like a significant choice to your rotation and how you want to play and it needs to be something of that caliber.

Fury - Bring back Heroic Strike.... (welsh accent) "you knows you wants it boys!"... Delete Wild Strike, burn Bloodthirst Crit RNG.
    Arms - Slam/Overpower are good things, they should happen again. Rend can stay, but how about Colossus Smash generate rage by default?
    Gladiator - Give it some Execute dps so that it can be used on progression, make Gladiator stance a baseline for Prot instead of Battle Stance.

If it was my personal choice though I'd just end up with WOTLK Fury and MOP SOO Arms, I think Prot is fantastic in WOD and would not change it other than making Glad stance baseline. I think WOD Fury is completely shit, and WOD Arms is just broken (but I still enjoy it on cleave, and I still love a good Execute phase)... I think Gladiator plays great.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-30 at 12:27 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account

Exactly!

Same could be said for Arms, make Slam a base ability for single target and fix its current buff mechanic.

Nobody seems to like Arms using WW for single target...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceo View Post
    Exactly!

Same could be said for Arms, make Slam a base ability for single target and fix its current buff mechanic.

Nobody seems to like Arms using WW for single target...
    I really don't, but I could give two shits what the ability is named or what the animation is. I care about it working first and foremost. Sadly, whirlwind does not. Mostly because it's not affected by Mastery, and secondly because it circumvents the point of Sweeping Strikes.

If Arms is supposed to be a cleave spec, make it a cleave spec. Tie the specs AoE damage into Sweeping Strikes and create a solid ST rotation that cleaves via SS. Simple, effective, and doesn't require ridiculous gearing schemes to make work.

Multi rending, fat juicy mortal strikes and brutal sweeping strikes execute cleaves is what keeps me playing Arms... But you know what was also awesome? Slam cleave in MOP, I loved me some Slam cleave. I also loved (and hated)the Worldbreaker effect of CS resetting in MOP, but I hated it as much as I loved it because it just completely shat on your face when it didn't proc for ages, then sometimes it would just keep proccing forever... Maybe that wasn't the best design after all?

Fury is a lost cause though, I used to Idenify as a Fury Warrior and now it has gone so far from what it was and what I loved that I just don't think it will ever be the same.. Maybe some people don't want it to be the same, but I liked it most in WOTLK... Has similarities to now (bloodsurge double proc with T10 4set) but was built on consistency rather than RNG, the RNG component (Bloodsurge) felt more like a little bonus that we had to weave in, rather than the extreme RNG we have in WOD.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I really don't, but I could give two shits what the ability is named or what the animation is. I care about it working first and foremost. Sadly, whirlwind does not. Mostly because it's not affected by Mastery, and secondly because it circumvents the point of Sweeping Strikes.

If Arms is supposed to be a cleave spec, make it a cleave spec. Tie the specs AoE damage into Sweeping Strikes and create a solid ST rotation that cleaves via SS. Simple, effective, and doesn't require ridiculous gearing schemes to make work.
    I prefer arms not being a cleave spec because if there's one thing we can guarantee per boss fight is A BOSS (yes wod design was cleave based but that doesn't guarantee other expansions will) & with whirlwind and mastery you're 500% correct having core ability that doesn't affected by mastery(I. E ice Lance whirlwind) make every spec unnecessary complicated and awkward especially if it already has an ability which does a similar thing(sweeping strike)

Also not related why the fuck everyone like the spam slam 50% from having a dk brain rotation
    If I have a sword how does slam work? What is slam in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightup View Post
    I prefer arms not being a cleave spec because if there's one thing we can guarantee per boss fight is A BOSS (yes wod design was cleave based but that doesn't guarantee other expansions will) & with whirlwind and mastery you're 500% correct having core ability that doesn't affected by mastery(I. E ice Lance whirlwind) make every spec unnecessary complicated and awkward especially if it already has an ability which does a similar thing(sweeping strike)

Also not related why the fuck everyone like the spam slam 50% from having a dk brain rotation
    If I have a sword how does slam work? What is slam in general?
    Not getting into Slam (I actually hated the cleave because of its ridiculously small positional requirement), but regarding Arms... whether or not it's primary focus is cleave fights isn't the point I was getting at. When I say it should be a cleave spec, I mean that Sweeping Strikes should handle its AoE.

Cleave is not the same as AoE. AoE would be using Whirlwind or Bladestorm to hit all targets. Cleaving is using your normal (traditionally ST) abilities to deal damage to multiple targets. This is Sweeping Strikes bread and butter.

Whether or not Arms ends up strong on Single Target is irrelevant, I don't see the point in giving it specific AoE abilities that don't interact with the rest of the rotation when it's already got such strong cleave potential.

Deleted
    I'd like to see Slam in arms ST rotation in future. Make it work with mastery. Chance the stacking thing to last longer. Cheap to use without stack, expencive with more stacks. Then we should start stacking with cheap Slam before CS and burn rage during CS. Mortal should still hit more than Slam. Bad rage management would lead to rage starving, lack of MS use and bad dps during CS. For better players, Slam stack managing would bring dps increase during CS and more interesting gameplay.

Slam stack could be like 1-5. 1st Slam could even generate 10 rage but 5th use 40 rage. Stacks should not drop during one non-Slam gcd.

That would probably not work, but the point is blizz should make Slam more interesting IMO.

Not sure if that slam existed before, didn't play arms much during wotlk, cata or mop.
    Last edited by mmoc2d11dd7182; 2015-07-30 at 09:18 AM. Reason: bad at english

There is fun and entertaining way to play warrior next expansion that i know even now. Reroll other class.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    arms is fun this expansion, the only downside of it is the WW using, which was gone with the 4set piece, and again, blizzard removed that by nerfing it to the ground.

atleast i had 2 weeks of super fun arms, would love to have it again hopefully, we just want a better filler

Fury should be able to wield 4 weapons: two melee and two ranged. All at the same time. Bladestorm should be active at all times and we just spin around slicing and shooting everything in sight. Unfortunately, Blizz will make versatility our best stat.

Arms should get an overhaul to its current overhaul. Rend's last burst tick literall makes targets explode and grosses out all nearby enemies and allies within 8 yards. 10 second debuff of vomiting will leave all players unable to control their character.