View Poll Results: How do you feel?

Voters
220. This poll is closed
  • Betrayed, I would cancel but it's to much problem.

17 7.73%
  • Betrayed, I will cancel.

23 10.45%
  • I don't care.

119 54.09%
  • Is not that bad, I will go anyway and I'm very optimistic.

61 27.73%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfire View Post
    I'm going to blizzcon for 2nd time this year and I see that Blizzard will announce on Gamescom the next expansion? how the other people who is attending feel?

I just feel betrayed and no longer want to make the 8 hour trip, but already have the airplane tickets, the blizzcon tickets, hotel, made 2 of my friends go this year so we could be there for "the moment"
    Total over reaction. For all you know gamescon could be a teaser with the full reveal along with q&a and raid panels at blizzcon. You still have a lot too look forward to. Grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely, you go for more than just that to blizzcon.

Gamescom is simply a much more important event so revealing it there is a smart move. You will still get your panels and what not at blizzcon.

BlizzCon is less for me about the 'announcements' as it is a chance to socialize, talk to devs, ahave a good time.

I was there in 2007 when they announced Wrath and that was pretty damn cool.

I was there in 2013 when they announced wod and it was cool
    I was there in 2014 At overwatch and it was cool.

This year, there will be plenty that is awesome and is cool. Maybe a D3 Expac announcment (Whatever imo, but i'll probably give it a shot). More info about WoW, good times, parties, and general fun.

Pretty sure they'll compensate with more content info

10+ Year Old Account
    Please. All that will happen at Gamescon is the name of it, and perhaps a little talk and at a very long stretch a quick cinematic.

All of the real discussion and lengthy panels will happen at Blizzcon.

Agree w/ Schmeebs above... if you've been to BlizzCon before, did you have good time? Guess what.. you will this year too! It's a convention around blizz's gameS and the communities around them. Go. Play. Socialize. Have FUN! If you're spending that kind of money and taking time from your life in the hopes that you'll see a specific announcement... you're doing it wrong. Also - to echo another post - "betrayed"? Really?
    Last edited by Shadgalaul; 2015-07-29 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Add thought

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    This years virtual tickets are on sale? I haven't seen anything yet, and nothing on the blizzcon website ;o Where'd you manage to book it?
    They aren't on sale yet. That person's yanking your chain.

There's no limit to virtual tickets, and you can continue to buy them up until after the event starts. It's not like they sell out.

Betrayed? C'mon now. Blizzcon is a great time all around. So you don't get the grand reveal, you still get everything else. Sucks if you bought the ticket specifically for the announcement but, hey happens. Where ya flying out of, cause I'll gladly take the trip off your hands.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Dude, they're announcing the thing at Gamescom. That means it might be PLAYABLE at Blizzcon

How are you betrayed here?

I won't be able to attend this year, but even so, it wouldn't bother me in the least. I am mostly a WoW person when it comes to Blizzard games, but we attend for the atmosphere and everything Blizzcon has to offer -- not just announcements. I mean, I've been there plenty of times when there was no expansion announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    They aren't on sale yet. That person's yanking your chain.

There's no limit to virtual tickets, and you can continue to buy them up until after the event starts. It's not like they sell out.
    Yeah I know about that have bought one every year since available, which is why i thought I had overlooked something this year. I just like to get it ordered so it's done! Thanks for the info though, thought the website was messing up or something

10+ Year Old Account
    You feel betrayed? It's BLIZZCON, not "WoWCon". It doesn't revolve around WoW and WoW alone...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

BlizzCon will still be full of Neckbeards and smell like sweat just like every other BlizzCon

Where is just disappointed? I go every year but I am primarily a WoW fan. I love when new xpacs are announced and to me in makes Blizzcon. Everything about it. I get so pumped for it and from the wait to get in to the wait for the opening ceremony to start I am literally going crazy and me being there for it makes it that much better. And then everyone goes nuts once the trailer is done. It is amazing and always a highlight for me. I just feel disappointed that I expected that to happen this year, and then it did not. I am sure it will be fun and all and I will be pumped for the next xpac like everyone else, but right now I have to say as a Blizzcon attendee who was really looking forward to that, it sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    It's not totally unreasonable to think Blizzcon will have something exclusive for attendees, considering historically that is the whole point of Blizzcon.
    Right. But your whole point comes to a crashing halt when you say something exclusive rather then a new wow expansion. No one is saying that Blizzcon won't have exclusive reveals and news. People are saying that it is silly to expect a new expansion reveal to only happen at blizzcon and no where else. And to get upset when it doesn't when you will still have tons of new information to experience in person.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I couldn't careless. Blizzcon's just all around fun.

"Betrayed". Seriously? Seriously, lol.
    This pretty much. You'd rather have an exclusive announced at Blizzard's convention that you just happen to be going to, rather than have it announced months prior, effectively bumping up the schedule for release, just because you want to have your purchase justified?

Entitlement, that's all I can think. You're still going to have access to exclusive movie content and you're still going to Blizzcon, which by all accounts is a great event (Unless you're Alliance).

Deleted
    It's like Blizzard has turned into Illidan..
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    ...the BETRAYER!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care. It's Blizzcon, not WoWcon, and there will be plenty over at the Diablo, Starcraft, and Overwatch panels to justify the virtual ticket to me, never mind the extra goodies like the Starcraft tourney and the contests.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I go to Blizzcon for a lot of reasons (including other IPs), so while I enjoy the expansion announcement, I am not crushed that I won't see it there this year.

And really, it is better if it speeds along the process for the next expansion. November a ways away.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I have a virtual ticket, and I'm more excited than ever for Blizzcon. People will actually go into it for the first time with information about the expansion, so they can formulate intelligent questions instead of the typical "hur hur, will there be new hunter pets?"
    Also this. For once the questions at panels might have more than two or three smart questions amid a sea of mouthbreathers asking about new non-combat pets and the one sad, dumpy guy complaining about how metal and dark the story used to be.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!