View Poll Results: How do you feel?

Voters
220. This poll is closed
  • Betrayed, I would cancel but it's to much problem.

17 7.73%
  • Betrayed, I will cancel.

23 10.45%
  • I don't care.

119 54.09%
  • Is not that bad, I will go anyway and I'm very optimistic.

61 27.73%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzcon attenders, how do you feel?

I'm going to blizzcon for 2nd time this year and I see that Blizzard will announce on Gamescom the next expansion? how the other people who is attending feel?

I just feel betrayed and no longer want to make the 8 hour trip, but already have the airplane tickets, the blizzcon tickets, hotel, made 2 of my friends go this year so we could be there for "the moment"

They are probably only going to roll the trailer and talk about it a bit. If anything i'd be more hyped. You'll get most of the details at Blizzcon now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfire View Post
    I'm going to blizzcon for 2nd time this year and I see that Blizzard will announce on Gamescom the next expansion? how the other people who is attending feel?

I just feel betrayed and no longer want to make the 8 hour trip, but already have the airplane tickets, the blizzcon tickets, hotel, made 2 of my friends go this year so we could be there for "the moment"
    I can understand that, but there's also no real guarantee that *every* BlizzCon can be a major WoW announcement. I'm sure there will be plenty of epic announcements, unveiling, and surprises at this year's BlizzCon without the announcement of the new WoW expansion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I couldn't careless. Blizzcon's just all around fun.

"Betrayed". Seriously? Seriously, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm still going to have a great time.

I can't imagine they'll do a full release of the info with a full trailer and all that at GamesCon. Probably release the name, logo, basic concepts, and a teaser like what they did with WOD. Still lots to offer at BlizzCon. Besides, this probably ensures D3 expac release at BlizzCon. And that ain't bad either!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as if the Blizzcon agenda is guaranteed to contain X and Y. Nonetheless they may spruce up the goody bag a bit. Beta may be fully ready to start by then and it wouldn't at all surprise me that you could get full access to it if you were at Blizzcon.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

BlizzCon will probs be amazing anways.
    Go there and enjoy yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I can understand that, but there's also no real guarantee that *every* BlizzCon can be a major WoW announcement. I'm sure there will be plenty of epic announcements, unveiling, and surprises at this year's BlizzCon without the announcement of the new WoW expansion.
    I was last year with that in mind, I got tickets for this year thinking on "well, maybe this is the year" then this....

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatchcon?

I never do go in person (trip from Wisconsin to California is expensive), but I know I won't get the virtual ticket now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account

You seriously go to Blizzcon just for expansion reveals? Fuck dude, you could save yourself a ton of money and just wait for it to be posted online.

This is taking fanboy'ing to a whole new level. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quick question to just steal the post, if I buy a virtual ticket will I get to see the WOW movie trailer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to know now, not in November. I.E. I don't care.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think announcements are what make blizzcon fun. never been there so idk
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Great. Now if the expansion is awful like army of light. Blizzard can take time to gather feedback and fix their mistakes to reveal at blizzcon. Like adding pvp content and explaining endgame

15+ Year Old Account

So you spent hundreds of dollars and made two of your friends spend the same (or you paid for them) just to be there for "the moment" of a couple minute long video? Seems like you were going to Blizzcon for the wrong reasons. It does suck you can't see the new expansion reveal at blizzcon. You will however be seeing much more info about the expansion and likely even get to play it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

OP, can you please update your poll options so that people who don't share your opinion can't only express mild enthusiasm, while you have two other options with extreme hate in them? I otherwise can't vote since it doesn't accurately reflect a spectrum of opinions and instead is tailored to get results similar to yours.

Anyway, this really doesn't change anything. BlizzCon has always been the singular event to look forward to hands-on experiences with new titles and IPs, as well as in-depth developer presentations on their features and development.

Given, we're probably going to see them show off a bunch of awesome stuff and then cut half of it next year, but as far as my happiness being dictated by announcements? That's hardly the biggest reason to anticipate any BlizzCon.

I was last year with that in mind, I got tickets for this year thinking on "well, maybe this is the year" then this....
    If you're going just for a reveal, that's the dumbest purchase I've ever heard. That's not worth $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a virtual ticket, and I'm more excited than ever for Blizzcon. People will actually go into it for the first time with information about the expansion, so they can formulate intelligent questions instead of the typical "hur hur, will there be new hunter pets?"

Sig by Isilrien

BlizzCon is more than just WoW expansion announcements. It's a weekend of all-round geeky fun. Besides, just because they aren't announcing the expansion at BlizzCon, doesn't mean that they won't talk about it at all. Expect to see the usual panels, Q&A and probably demos set up to give visitors the chance to get a peek into the expansion before anyone else.

If you bought plane tickets, hotel reservations and BlizzCon tickets just to see an expansion announcement and nothing else, then...well...let's just say that there have been better financial decisions made throughout history.