Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canibehealz View Post
    On Mythic Gorefiend pulls I have swapped half way through the night some nights. Similar pulls it increased my RT healing by approximately 25%, that's not counting the 99% chance of maximizing High Tide because of twice the number of Riptides out at a time, and when RT is 20-25% of your total healing that's a significant increase.
    So that would be an increase in your healing done by 5-6%. I wouldn't say factoring in High Tide efficiency is worth mentioning, as it should already be 99% just with the 4 set. And your talking about 1 of the most optimal bosses for the class trinket.

Mind if I ask you some more in depth details about the logs (don't know how many pulls you did with and without the trinket)
    1. Your riptide went up with 25% but how much did the actual HPS you did change? (cause you loose valuable stats for the other spells)
    2. The average amount of chain heal hits per cast (does it actually has any notable impact for high tide)
    3. overhealing on riptide with and without the trinket

Quote Originally Posted by nucklearbor View Post
    So that would be an increase in your healing done by 5-6%. I wouldn't say factoring in High Tide efficiency is worth mentioning, as it should already be 99% just with the 4 set. And your talking about 1 of the most optimal bosses for the class trinket.

Mind if I ask you some more in depth details about the logs (don't know how many pulls you did with and without the trinket)
    1. Your riptide went up with 25% but how much did the actual HPS you did change? (cause you loose valuable stats for the other spells)
    2. The average amount of chain heal hits per cast (does it actually has any notable impact for high tide)
    3. overhealing on riptide with and without the trinket
    1) Gorefiend isn't ever completely consistent because of being in the stomach at different times or people dying but the trinket I replaced Core with was Mythic(700) Autoclave from Blackhand. Raw HPS on just one example between two pulls, not a huge sample because its late atm, I pulled 91k eHPS with Core and 85k eHPS with Autoclave. The obvious difference there being the extra Riptides/CH bounces outweighing Spirit, which is an irrelevant stat because at ~4.5 mins into the fight mana is a non-issue.

2) Same sample pulls as number 1;
    5.6 average CH hits per cast with Core
    4.9 average CH hits per cast with Autoclave.

3) Core RT - 30% OH 44 casts
    Core 4pRT - 18% OH 21 triggers

Autoclave RT - 35% OH 34 casts
    Autoclave 4pRT - 28.55% OH 23 triggers

Really not a measure of anything as its completely RNG and the raid status changes so wildly - these stats would have to be looked at over the course of several comparable pulls - something I'm looking at doing over this weeks logs and next weeks. I was FINALLY fortunate enough to get my hands on an Emulsion this week as our first one finally dropped and I was the only healer having not coined it so I'll be running that on Gorefiend to see how much Leech I can spit out on the raid. lol If it turns out that having 3 Leech trinkets really is just overkill and I would be better served with the extra regen from Autoclave, I may switch back to that as our Monk and Druid both run Emulsion already.

I just get so damn heated about people thinking you need to cast CH on a target with RT to make use of the spread, and it was proven a long time ago you didn't and that the original design had changed in the PTR without a notice.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Deleted
    Don't see why you'd use the Class Trinket on Gorefiend, the Leech trinket is far more valuable because it allows all your DPS to benefit from it more, in a phase where they are doing more damage = more leech.

I'm yet to get the class trinket, and I don't want it. I stick with Mythic Phylactery and emulsion, tends to be BiS on pretty much every fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethia View Post
    Don't see why you'd use the Class Trinket on Gorefiend, the Leech trinket is far more valuable because it allows all your DPS to benefit from it more, in a phase where they are doing more damage = more leech.

I'm yet to get the class trinket, and I don't want it. I stick with Mythic Phylactery and emulsion, tends to be BiS on pretty much every fight.
    Not everyone has the option for leech trinket. My guild has never seen the thing drop not once. I've killed 10/13 mythic with out it. Having to use feldspark and phylactery.
    Last edited by mmoc64bf2b8e2a; 2015-08-05 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormieh View Post
    Not everyone has the option for leech trinket. My guild has never seen the thing drop not once. I've killed 10/13 mythic with out it. Having to use feldspark and phylactery.
    If I didn't have Leech Trinket, i'd take Felspark as well. Wouldn't use the Class trinket.

Infact, given the Choice, i'd Use Phlactery > Emulsion > IG > Felspark > BRF Trinkets > Class Trinket

Deleted
    1) Gorefiend isn't ever completely consistent because of being in the stomach at different times or people dying but the trinket I replaced Core with was Mythic(700) Autoclave from Blackhand. Raw HPS on just one example between two pulls, not a huge sample because its late atm, I pulled 91k eHPS with Core and 85k eHPS with Autoclave. The obvious difference there being the extra Riptides/CH bounces outweighing Spirit, which is an irrelevant stat because at ~4.5 mins into the fight mana is a non-issue.

2) Same sample pulls as number 1;
    5.6 average CH hits per cast with Core
    4.9 average CH hits per cast with Autoclave.
    Ah you swapped it for an autoclave, ya guess it's logical that you will go up in HPS as long as you dont get mana struggles. Still a 5-6% healing increase... doesnt sound too crazy good to me. Not based on facts but i just feel like most good trinkets have a bigger impact?

And actually surprised by the difference on chain heal jumps, 0,7 extra jumps is a big deal :O
    Didn't expect that at all, remembering healiocentric saying after 3 riptides the increase on more riptides is very small. So with casts + 4 set i expected it to be really unnoticeable

Sadly i'm not allowed to link/image healiocentric's article on it

Deleted
    If I didn't have Leech Trinket, i'd take Felspark as well. Wouldn't use the Class trinket.

Infact, given the Choice, i'd Use Phlactery > Emulsion > IG > Felspark > BRF Trinkets > Class Trinket
    The dreaM is alive. Trinket dropped with bonus leech muhahahaha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormieh View Post
    The dreaM is alive. Trinket dropped with bonus leech muhahahaha
    Leech with more leech. What could be better!

I had a good day yesterday too. I got Zakuun Belt, and Gorefiend Cloak .

Quote Originally Posted by nucklearbor View Post
    Ah you swapped it for an autoclave, ya guess it's logical that you will go up in HPS as long as you dont get mana struggles. Still a 5-6% healing increase... doesnt sound too crazy good to me. Not based on facts but i just feel like most good trinkets have a bigger impact?

And actually surprised by the difference on chain heal jumps, 0,7 extra jumps is a big deal :O
    Didn't expect that at all, remembering healiocentric saying after 3 riptides the increase on more riptides is very small. So with casts + 4 set i expected it to be really unnoticeable

Sadly i'm not allowed to link/image healiocentric's article on it
    Absolutely. I'm a big fan of Dayani and her blog. (Its referenced in my post linked in the signature) The class trinket behaved differently on the PTR than it does now, and theoretically it is only a small gain for High Tide and almost negligible. Analysis of two pulls is not a huge sample size and I wouldnt really take it with anything but a grain of salt but over the course of 20 pulls with and 20 without I saw similar results.

And while I absolutely don't think by any means that the class trinket is as effective as some of the other options in the instance, because trinkets are 100% the slot you swap around fight to fight, its certainly not a bad option for those that do not have other options. I only just got an Emulsion and Phylactery and IG is going to our Disc and Monk before others. But absolutely each fight lends to different healing requirements and will lead to diffferent trinkets being better for different situations - because of this I don't disagree that IG is certainly great for the later fights where frequent burst healing requirements need to be met, I do mention that IG is the perfect trinket for this because of its lining up with our cooldowns to pop with or alternating with.
    Last edited by Canibehealz; 2015-08-06 at 07:08 AM.

Deleted
    Absolutely. I'm a big fan of Dayani and her blog. (Its referenced in my post linked in the signature) The class trinket behaved differently on the PTR than it does now, and theoretically it is only a small gain for High Tide and almost negligible. Analysis of two pulls is not a huge sample size and I wouldnt really take it with anything but a grain of salt but over the course of 20 pulls with and 20 without I saw similar results.

And while I absolutely don't think by any means that the class trinket is as effective as some of the other options in the instance, because trinkets are 100% the slot you swap around fight to fight, its certainly not a bad option for those that do not have other options. I only just got an Emulsion and Phylactery and IG is going to our Disc and Monk before others. But absolutely each fight lends to different healing requirements and will lead to diffferent trinkets being better for different situations - because of this I don't disagree that IG is certainly great for the later fights where frequent burst healing requirements need to be met, I do mention that IG is the perfect trinket for this because of its lining up with our cooldowns to pop with or alternating with.
    Why would IG be going to your Disc? Felspark + Phylactery is their BiS by a loooonnngggg shot.

Best trinkets for a Shaman this Tier are Phylactery, Emulsion, Felspark and IG (For certain fights where you can time it with each of your Cd's). Zakuun is a perfect example where i'd love IG. Or even Gorefiend in the feast phase. IG + HTT / Ascendance would be very fun.

Why would IG be going to your Disc? Felspark + Phylactery is their BiS by a loooonnngggg shot.

Best trinkets for a Shaman this Tier are Phylactery, Emulsion, Felspark and IG (For certain fights where you can time it with each of your Cd's). Zakuun is a perfect example where i'd love IG. Or even Gorefiend in the feast phase. IG + HTT / Ascendance would be very fun.
    You realize trinkets are only good if you have access to them or they drop, right? And that some people are in different gear situations than others? Not that I have to justify why people are getting what they get to you, but why are you being so combative and immediately defensive. If you read anything I've written you would realize we're on the same page.

I'm healing with the agi trinket from council #yolo

I wish the Riptides spread by Core had a unique spell ID so you could actually get solid data on how much it's contributing to your throughput. Having a chance to spread a Riptide that maybe has a long enough duration to be something more than just overhealing feels really, really bad.

Emulsion is boring but powerful because DPS are pulling absolutely ridiculous numbers, cubic scaling too strong for Blizzard's puny linear nerfs.

Demonic Phylactery is a decent stat stick, but I'd rather use Intuition's Gift TBH -- just haven't had one drop yet. I have zero interest in Felspark.

Deleted
    i have been using. Demoic as 1st trinket, 2nd im swapping Leech on slow paced fights (Assault,council, gorefiend, iskar, fel lord, tyrant, Xhul ) otherwise crit ( Reaver, Kormrok,Killrogg,Soc, Manno, Archi ) makes a better job with both mana and lining up burst heal. anyone feel the same or have better tips ?
    Other than these 3 trinkets, i do not value any one else. since these are just perfect on what they do.

Having 30-40%crit on HTT makes it incredibly strong on a 1min 30s cd. Makeing healing pulling great numers at the end of fights. and letting me use trinkets on every raidcd and on many of my HST.

Leech is strong makes up for about 8-10% of total healing as ive noticed. but it has to be a long fight with less burst phases or crit pulls ahead.

im in almost full HC gear, so i cannot speak for mythic, but im sure it will apply the same.
    Last edited by mmocaefec169f9; 2015-08-16 at 07:12 PM.