Thread: Holinka's Tweet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    - Removal of Ashran
    - Removal of Holinka
    - Holinka as a janitor

Zero excitement here. He fooled me once with Ashran, not going to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    hey, isnt Oculus / vr launching in the next 3-4 months? hmmm... that would be the one thing that would get even me excited lol.
    Confused as to why people are soooooo obsessed with what is essentially the stepping stone to virtual brainwashing technology >.>

Facebook didn't buy out oculus rift just for funsies you know.

Video games have already affected modern society so much that literally every single thing we do is being "gamified" because of how easy it is to string people along through carrot on a stick rewards while you reach behind them and beat up their wallet for their lunch money.

Yes, I'm (kind of) -not- joking. Figured a disclaimer was necessary to keep the flaming to a minimum.
    Last edited by rasako; 2015-07-29 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is he quitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Is he quitting?
    #hype!!!!!

An apology perhaps?

Deleted
    I only want two things for PvP really

A new BG that consists of only a battlefield where you just have massive brawls with the enemy team. (Balanced out by only allowing a class and spec to join if another one has - so a warlock can't join unless there's a warlock in the opposing queue)

Normalized rewards for BGs so you earn the same points whether or not you lose with the option of earning extra in the BG by doing the objectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    Confused as to why people are soooooo obsessed with what is essentially the stepping stone to virtual brainwashing technology >.>

Facebook didn't buy out oculus rift just for funsies you know.

Video games have already affected modern society so much that literally every single thing we do is being "gamified" because of how easy it is to string people along through carrot on a stick rewards while you reach behind them and beat up their wallet for their lunch money.

Yes, I'm (kind of) -not- joking. Figured a disclaimer was necessary to keep the flaming to a minimum.

I'm not going to flame you for voicing an opinion.. what kind of community do you think this is?!

Occ is just one viewer option, there are actually a few more coming out with even better specs and which aren't owned by Facelessbook.. i used Occ because most people know what it is (but i also tried to include other tech with the '/vr').

As for the brainwashing thing... you're surrounded by things that ultimately shape your opinions for you and in essence are brainwashing you, whether you know it or not; you're already sorta screwed if completely independent thinking is what you're striving for.

Lastly, Facebook bought it because they see (as most of us in the advertising business see) that the impact of immersive technology is going to be insane, possibly even a paradigm shift in entertainment if things get off well. that means the opportunity for marketing research through the technology will be immense. They are at heart; a marketing firm that sells it's data.

All that was way off topic and I am - kind of - joking as well , we're gonna be just fine man.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2015-07-30 at 04:13 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Spectator mode... 10 years too late.
    Yea and the funny thing is, if it will be implemented it will be like 6.1 and announcing it like 1 BIG feature, well there is no real gameplay there...
    So realy.. fuck spectator mode

o.o VR goldshire

Of course he's not talking about the Horde. The Horde is fucked in the ass when Mercenary Mode comes. It isn't enough that there are barely enough Hodes left to enter battlegronds to be fucked and trampled, now they have to do it while they are being constantly sabotaged and trolled by the "mercenaries". I honestly can't wrap my head around how this fucking stupid feature was approved. I know Holinka is a fucking idiot, but seriously? Everyone else too?

That is simply what you call a "teaser" - he's just releasing the brakes on the hype train. It could be something truly amazing or it could be something incredibly stupid, Blizzard is capable of both. So I don't know.

Here are a few things I do know. One, the WOW fanboys will stand up and cheer with tears in their eyes. Two, the skeptics like myself will be on the fence and play the game anyway and hope for the best (aka WOD & MOP). And, last but not least, a bunch of former WOW will tell everyone how this new xpac is so bad it will kill the game. Someone will be right, we'll find out next Thursday.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that could excite me is the removal of racials. Other than that I don't think much could excite me. I don't care about arena servers or 4th specs (PvP-wise at least). I just want racials to be gone.

Deleted
    Hopefully no more CC in the game just all out fighting the best players win.

Some of the CC chains now are just ridiculous.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because WoD wasn't hyped up by the exact same people
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shâtz View Post

rofl, that is the silliest thing i ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Of course he's not talking about the Horde. The Horde is fucked in the ass when Mercenary Mode comes. It isn't enough that there are barely enough Hodes left to enter battlegronds to be fucked and trampled, now they have to do it while they are being constantly sabotaged and trolled by the "mercenaries". I honestly can't wrap my head around how this fucking stupid feature was approved. I know Holinka is a fucking idiot, but seriously? Everyone else too?
    i disagree, if mercenaries mean instant queues i really dont give a shit about what faction im fighting for lol

Man gotta love the people who don't actually understand what's wrong the PvP atm. IE the low rated players.

The game isn't fun because there are no abilities left that can change a game if you land them. Theres no "plays" that people can make anymore.

People just ask for the removal of CC....okay? Do you know what that does? That immediately reduces the amount of comps that most people can play..........just like the situation that we are in atm....It also promotes incredibly bad gameplay.......Positioning wouldn't matter at all. Not that it does this expansion anyway but still.

Put a CD on polymorph and put it on DR with cyclone....that's literally what people in the arena forums are asking for.....
    You guys are aware that - that change would completely destroy druids and any comp that they are viable in?

have you ever heard CDEW or JAHMILLI talk about removing this or putting this on a CD....NO. That's because the best players don't actually sit that much CC.....Did you see CDEW sitting 30 seconds of CC in MOP? No? It's almost like he is a great player and his teammates know how to disable someone from CCing.

Maybe holinka should seriously hire the professional players because they genuinely know what they're talking about. WOD is the product of the 1500 rated players getting what they want and then suddenly realising that they have absolutely no idea about how this game works.

CC isn't an issue atm in WOD - If you actually think it is - then your incredibly bad at the game. We need more skillcapped abilities. We need abilities that separate a bad player from a good player. We need classes to actually feel different again. We need more CC in the game. We need a meta where you can punish people very quickly for terrible positioning.

In what world does a melee think that it's okay to LOS his healer behind a pillar and then complain about casters have instant cast damage? Your aware thats how a caster is supposed to punish idiot melee? That's how the game works? Maybe i'd be all for removing all instant cast damage if melee lost all MOBILITY completely. Then we will see how much the bad players bitch and complain.

The game is turning into a MOBA style PvP. It's disgusting. Add some godamn skillcapped abilities like Hibernate/scare beast. Add a shit tonne of abilities next expansion so people have to genuinely think very hard about their positioning and each global they use. For the love of god....STOP LISTENING TO THE CASUALS/LOW RATED PLAYERS. It's like asking Messi advice about soccer and then asking some random amateur player for advice....WHO'S ADVICE are you going to take?
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-07-31 at 10:54 AM.

Personally im somehow expecting that they introduce a new Role, Support role.

Unlikely for multiple reasons but it would be something that really mixes PvP and PvE up since the "Support role" was dead since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shâtz View Post

Final destination, fox only.

Deleted
    Maybe they're going to outsource the pvp department

That would be something!