Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yea, if you're given a shorter pull timer still precast Soulburn and follow the opener. You'll have enough shards to do the opener still, you just will be one shard down initially.

I just yolo guess once the ready check is done. 50/50 on hitting the 10s window for teh free shard

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I just yolo guess once the ready check is done. 50/50 on hitting the 10s window for teh free shard
    I Secretly delay "checking" the Ready Check just for this.

#Priestspell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I Secretly delay "checking" the Ready Check just for this.

#Priestspell
    Still 50/50 because of the "OH WAIT!" guy

Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Still 50/50 because of the "OH WAIT!" guy
    Yeah. I'm pretty lucky in that my guild's raid leader / GM is also a Warlock and we both have an Aff spec, so on those fights ... well, he used to be a lot more sympathetic to getting us that bonus shard, but it was a few too many of those OH WAIT guys and stuff like that and over time, so we usually just do the common 10-second timer now. Not that it was an actual long timer, just he delayed calling for it. But yeah too many last-second delays.

And I would say I'm way below even on the 50/50 of doing it randomly as we're prepping :/
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

To be fair, you can pre Soulburn with 17 seconds left on pull timer and still be positive 1 shard because of how your Soul Shards regen so your first proc will give you two instead of one.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I Soulburn when readycheck is completed. If the pull timer hasn't been started by 15 seconds remaining I just start it myself.

Deleted
    A good read

I have 2 questions. I open by soulburning, applying my dots, using haunt and then popping CD if I fell the need.

My reasoning being that having my dots all up to benefit from Hainting Spirits is better and that since my cd (DS) improves haste that it makes sense to have DoTs near full strength before they begin ticking faster.

Is this clever or an insane idea?

Also, how do people recommend handling trash? Or should I just switch to Destro sooner rather than later?

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    I have 2 questions. I open by soulburning, applying my dots, using haunt and then popping CD if I fell the need.

My reasoning being that having my dots all up to benefit from Hainting Spirits is better and that since my cd (DS) improves haste that it makes sense to have DoTs near full strength before they begin ticking faster.

Is this clever or an insane idea?
    If you precast Haunt (Soulburned), it will hit at the same time that you SB:SS to apply DoTs when the pull timer hits 0, whereafter you would DS. After that you cup your hands and pray for shards, although it's almost never an issue with the class trinket

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    If you precast Haunt (Soulburned), it will hit at the same time that you SB:SS to apply DoTs when the pull timer hits 0, whereafter you would DS. After that you cup your hands and pray for shards, although it's almost never an issue with the class trinket
    Trinket? Is this easy to get or is it a Mythic drop? I just came back so forgive my nubile ignorance

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Trinket? Is this easy to get or is it a Mythic drop? I just came back so forgive my nubile ignorance
    Drops from all difficulties normal and above. Is counted as a tier token. Pretty easy to get. Only really worth using above herioc version.

Do any of you use a none interrupt Channel macro for soul drain ? Saw one of those in A mage guide for arcane misse.. So far ive just used gnosis castbar and go by the ticks and recast soul drain Right after the "last" tick..
    Just wondered if it would be worth using, so that i finished The casts and only cut the Channel short, when dots needee to be refreshed
    Last edited by Neevs; 2016-02-11 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neevs View Post
    Do any of you use a none interrupt Channel macro for soul drain ? Saw one of those in A mage guide for arcane misse.. So far ive just used gnosis castbar and go by the ticks and recast soul drain Right after the "last" tick..
    Just wondered if it would be worth using, so that i finished The casts and only cut the Channel short, when dots needee to be refreshed
    I don't, i use the same method that you do. You can use one, but if you're not use to it or prefer to just manually recast it, i'd stick with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a side note - nochannel macros are terrible practice for mage play because they cause slight input lag between the end of your channel and the queuing of your next cast. Really bad habit for a mage to use said macro.

For warlocks you also don't want to use nochannel macros because ideally you clip your DS channel right after the penultimate tick. Your channel will automatically continue as a fresh cash and you don't lose any uptime between casts (as you would with that macro).

Why is it that Pandemic isn't in the spell book? Or was it removed? The effect basically stays... but it could now simply be a baseline mechanic.

Why is it that Pandemic isn't in the spell book? Or was it removed? The effect basically stays... but it could now simply be a baseline mechanic.
    Because the pandemic effect is now baseline to every DoT, HoT, and buff in the game, for every class.

Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Just a side note - nochannel macros are terrible practice for mage play because they cause slight input lag between the end of your channel and the queuing of your next cast. Really bad habit for a mage to use said macro.

For warlocks you also don't want to use nochannel macros because ideally you clip your DS channel right after the penultimate tick. Your channel will automatically continue as a fresh cash and you don't lose any uptime between casts (as you would with that macro).
    Ahh fantastic.. That's what i've been doing, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a more "optimal" way of doing it..
    Since we've got mythic on farm now, all there is to do is looking at small mix/max stuff to do, try to get some decent logs and play around with killing the bosses faster..

I noticed btw that you've gone full Haste gems+enchants Furty, presume it's because you're going aff for all fights for faster kills now? looking at doing the same myself, playing Affliction atm on:

Iron Reaver, Kormrok, Council, Kilrog, Gorefiend, Socrethar (unless i'm assigned to ghosts), Tyrant, Zakuun

And destro on: Assault, Iskar, Xhul, Manno, Archi..

I'm planning to change it to going Aff on Iskar Xhul and Manno.. But i find it hard to change on Archi since atm i'm the main provider for our guild on DMG on the void stars and Infernals for Archi.. How have you found the transition to go Aff for Archi? From what i've seen you also ran destro for all your kills in the past?

Reason is that if I'll go Aff for all those fights, then I might as well also gem+enchant full hast..

You could always try affliction out with mastery enchants, see how your raid does on add damage, then decide whether you're still needed as destro or not. Or if you're really into min/maxing and don't have two sets just buy a couple stacks of haste/mastery enchants and switch as needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed btw that you've gone full Haste gems+enchants Furty, presume it's because you're going aff for all fights for faster kills now?

I'm planning to change it to going Aff on Iskar Xhul and Manno.. But i find it hard to change on Archi since atm i'm the main provider for our guild on DMG on the void stars and Infernals for Archi.. How have you found the transition to go Aff for Archi? From what i've seen you also ran destro for all your kills in the past?

Reason is that if I'll go Aff for all those fights, then I might as well also gem+enchant full hast..
    More or less, yeah. Our raid comp is really stacked and adds kind of just evaporate now. Usually one of our three warlocks plays Destruction for Archimonde - this & perhaps Mannoroth & Gorefiend are maybe the only three fights where an absence of add damage might be a noticeable detriment. I'd test the waters playing Aff with a Mastery setup and if you find everything is bueno after a week or two, you pull the trigger and make a full swap. Worst case scenario you wipe and you still have the destro spec in your back pocket.