Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Probably so that you don't have to re-gem when swapping specs. Mastery is still good for Aff, while haste is okay at best for the other two.
    Yeah I figured that much, although min maxing should be at least discussed in the guide. Since you would lose some dps with full mastery gemming and enchanting. maybe nothing note worthy but it may be the deeps your guild is missing to down a specific boss.

if u miss dps to down a boss, regeming wont fix it for you, there is something else wrong if u dont have enough dps, especially at this stage where almost everyone has the legendary ring.

Whether haste would be better even without switching specs is open to debate. I have seen some theorycrafters argue that mastery is better than haste in multitarget fights.

Overall the stats are so closely balanced that which one you gem/enchant will almost never be the deciding factor in killimg a boss.

And if you are still progressing, being able to swap to Destruction for certain fights will probably make a bigger difference than which secondary stat you choose.

Added trinket and talent choices for each boss on mythic
    okay have a nice day
    Last edited by zvvl; 2015-09-30 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Added trinket and talent choices for each boss on mythic
    okay have a nice day
    I'm a big fan of the variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    I'm a big fan of the variety.
    thank you

Hi,

Do affli locks also try to dump all of their Shards ( like destro does at the end of the fight ) right before the fight ends?

Say there is 10 sec remaining of the fight. Is it better to dump all the shards or is it better to just keep the haunt debuff on the target with all dots up and drain soul?

/Decrep

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepitate View Post
    Hi,

Do affli locks also try to dump all of their Shards ( like destro does at the end of the fight ) right before the fight ends?

Say there is 10 sec remaining of the fight. Is it better to dump all the shards or is it better to just keep the haunt debuff on the target with all dots up and drain soul?

/Decrep
    Dump those shards.

looking at the drain soul perk it seems better to just keep channeling, correct me if im wrong tho

If I know the boss will die and I'll have extra shards and SB:H up I'll just start burning shards with SB:SS towards the end instead of refreshing DoTs

HI all....

I just received 2 T18 normal pieces tonight. I previous have been keeping my T17 H 4 piece. Do you think I should break up the 4 piece and go T17H 2 piece + T18N 2 piece?

Thanks and appreciate the input

i believe it was said somewhere that u should break your t17 for t18 asap...not quite sure how does that fare in terms of Ilvl increase...the best way to know is if u Sim both setups

7+ Year Old Account
    The two piece is really strong and allows for effectively 2 free haunts during DS, along with allowing you to line up cds more frequently and more reliably, which is much better than an RNG buff to shard generation. If its an iLVL upgrade, I would replace them as you can.

The 4piece is decent, but its RNG and doesnt really add much to DS to really matter, especially when you have the trinket from archi.

There seems to be a gap that I'm missing, according to your optimal opener you should end up with 1 shard left given you were able to generate the 4th shard before combat starts ( SB : haunt + SB: SS -1 shard generated out of combat is 3 ), now according to priorities you would stop shard usage after the initial opener until you reach 3 shards again ? if your RNG is on the downside you could have places with very low haunt uptime, logically I would say saving the shards used on SB:SS for later uses of haunt to try and maintain more haunt uptime would be a dps gain, but rationally I figured this has already been simmed as the bigger dps increase.

I'm just looking for factual data that this opener is optimal given that you will have a dry period immediately after initial opener:3

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    There seems to be a gap that I'm missing, according to your optimal opener you should end up with 1 shard left given you were able to generate the 4th shard before combat starts ( SB : haunt + SB: SS -1 shard generated out of combat is 3 ), now according to priorities you would stop shard usage after the initial opener until you reach 3 shards again ? if your RNG is on the downside you could have places with very low haunt uptime, logically I would say saving the shards used on SB:SS for later uses of haunt to try and maintain more haunt uptime would be a dps gain, but rationally I figured this has already been simmed as the bigger dps increase.

I'm just looking for factual data that this opener is optimal given that you will have a dry period immediately after initial opener:3
    In your opener you should be able to generate the extra shard. I haven't really hit this 'dry period' that often, especially with class trinket.

Deleted
    Guys according to sims from Ghado im a bit confused about trinket choice... whats better in practice DSI + Heroic fragment or DSI + Darmac mythic with socket?

Quote Originally Posted by Drac0 View Post
    Guys according to sims from Ghado im a bit confused about trinket choice... whats better in practice DSI + Heroic fragment or DSI + Darmac mythic with socket?
    I have gotten better results on every type of fight EXCEPT sub 2 minute kills (reaver, Kazzak, Fel Lord kinda) with DSI+Heroic Fragment. That combo does better or, at the very least, comes out even which makes it an instant choice for me because it means shards are basically never an issue.

I swap in Darmc's on anything that is going to die super fast just for the added proc and not really needing to make use of the "extra" shards from the class trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    I have gotten better results on every type of fight EXCEPT sub 2 minute kills (reaver, Kazzak, Fel Lord kinda) with DSI+Heroic Fragment. That combo does better or, at the very least, comes out even which makes it an instant choice for me because it means shards are basically never an issue.

I swap in Darmc's on anything that is going to die super fast just for the added proc and not really needing to make use of the "extra" shards from the class trinket.
    I disagree, Darmac's is a better choice, better lining up on procs, as well you don't have to recast your dots so fast which is annoying like on Council fights. Even on Fel lord I had better parses with Darmac's over the class trinket.

Now if you have mythic class trinket from what i heard it is a bigger difference dps wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    I disagree, Darmac's is a better choice, better lining up on procs, as well you don't have to recast your dots so fast which is annoying like on Council fights. Even on Fel lord I had better parses with Darmac's over the class trinket.

Now if you have mythic class trinket from what i heard it is a bigger difference dps wise.
    Well that's great that you disagree, that's precisely why I said my specific experience with the trinkets. Recasting DoT's 3s earlier is no more annoying than channeling MG more often, there's really nothing annoying about it. I've always found this argument to be pretty strange and don't see how this is a deal breaker for people.
    Of course the mythic trinket is going to be a bigger difference DPS wise.

the big deal for me about fragment is that it gives u steady regen of shards where as DUT gives them in bursts and can leave u shard starved at times