Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wew lads, that dot and haunt maintenance during the first dark soul of council is a nightmare

Read a few places that UGoS was simming very well for affliction. Crazy talk or worth upgrading and checking out?

Hey guys, love the guide just had a couple of questions.

I mainly play destro/aff and swap between the 2 for each fight. I'm currently struggling with the decision to run GoSac with SB:H or GoSup with DS. here is my armory, the neck and 685 ring are both 720, just not reflected in armory.

What would you guys recommend?

As long as u can sustain SB:H its going to be better than DS and looking at your armory your shouldnt have too many issues with it...class trinket will help with shard regen as well so u should be good to go with SB:H

Yeah sometimes I get really bad RNG and don't get a single shard while SB:H is up, very annoying. What should I do in those situations?

nothing much u can do but keep up your rotation and hope for a proc, if theres an add that u can get a shard off of u should do that as well

i have been, fighting for executes on my priest has trained me to have split second reaction times for that kinda stuff. Good to know i'm not generally doing anything wrong. Appreciate the advice folks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a perfect solution but you can just try managing your shards better (though I'm making assumptions in the absence of logs). I know the general rule is to cast Haunt when you have more than 2 shards so you don't waste the double nightfall proc but you could always be a bit more conservative to start with since maintaining SB:H is priority number 1. You can only use that rule if you're capped on shards, for instance, just to give that bit of cushion if you end up a bit shard starved.

You could always just, you know, stick to priesting

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    Not a perfect solution but you can just try managing your shards better (though I'm making assumptions in the absence of logs). I know the general rule is to cast Haunt when you have more than 2 shards so you don't waste the double nightfall proc but you could always be a bit more conservative to start with since maintaining SB:H is priority number 1. You can only use that rule if you're capped on shards, for instance, just to give that bit of cushion if you end up a bit shard starved.

Double nightfall proc is actually predictable. check this thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18724762931

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post

Managing shards isn't the problem for me, I've gone an entire SB: Haunt with only getting 1 shard. It's like RNG absolutely hates me. The only time I've had excess shards is where I can game it with Drain Soul executes. Speaking of, when I need to burst something (like bombs on iron reave) whats the best option? I've been using Agony then Haunt if I have the shards followed by drain soul. This feels wrong to me, but I don't really know how to get something down quickly.

I love my priest, but I do love my warlock too. Now my raid group wants me to main alt mage so woo?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the preferred tactic on those bombs is to actually keep dpsing the boss and just snipe them with a drain soul for your shard. Unless you want to soul swap a full cycle of DoTs and drain soul but I don't think it's worth it.

The class trinket really fixes nightfall going 30+s without proccing.

I have been having a lot less trouble ever since I got the class trinket, so that's good. Keep in mind I'm talking normal/heroic not mythic, not enough gear for that yet. What about a different situation, such as killrog with the blood thirsters/gloubs. Agony into DS or would Soul Swap into drain worth it? I mainly play the fight as destro, but wouldn't mind being a scumbag dps for once :P

I am a little confused about soul link and Grimoire of Sacrifice how it is possible take both talents? I think if you use Grimoire of sacrifice you took no benefits from soul link talent!

You just get the bonuses instead, Soul Link is a crazy talent.

Quote Originally Posted by antpap13 View Post
    I am a little confused about soul link and Grimoire of Sacrifice how it is possible take both talents? I think if you use Grimoire of sacrifice you took no benefits from soul link talent!
    When you use Soul Link with Sac you get 20% extra HP because you have no pet out.

Quote Originally Posted by antpap13 View Post
    If you sacrifice your pet while you have Soul Link you get a 20% hp boost along with the regular sacrifice buffs.

U can refresh it when it gets in to "pandemic" range, so 3-4sec left

I know it's been answered in here somewhere before, i've had a look through and can't find it, so, is DUT still better than FoTDS (heroic) on short fights like reaver?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeum View Post
    I know it's been answered in here somewhere before, i've had a look through and can't find it, so, is DUT still better than FoTDS (heroic) on short fights like reaver?
    It can be, but most people use Fragment anyways since it greatly increases shard generation and thus reduces dps variation between pulls even if it is lower on average. Plus Fragment is better for movement.

EDIT: Actually, I very much doubt DUT will beat out a 2/2 H Frag in any scenario unless you get godly RNG.
    Last edited by nerdzrool; 2015-11-25 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think to add to that, no more double-proc on pull really takes away from it for short encounters.