Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So.. If i have dark soul up and one soul in the chamber, do I burn the haunt, or wait for the empowered?

Mannoroth's Fury, any class have such bad talent?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Yeah the RPPM is ~5, but it still varies considerably between pulls in my experience. Haste is still Affliction's top stat, so don't discount that, you can't have enough haste as Affliction.
    Well... According to the other lock in my guild the BiS neck on the first page is no longer BiS. Xhuls is BiS due to mastery + SP. After all Int > Mastery = haste. So anything that has higher intellect is ideal. Obviously with secondary stats. But it completely depends. I don't see a need to have 26% haste... I'm not actually gaining more nightfall procs..? And the drain soul cast reductions minimal at best so to speak? Or is that just me...?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is sort of a repeat question but can some higher level locks speak to the efficacy of using DSI+Fragment vs. DSI+Iron Reaver or any other combo people are using? Also is there a good way to tell which trinkets some of the top parsing locks are using? Since there is no proc with Reaver trinket or Fragment I'm not sure how you'd go about determining what trinkets people are using on certain fights. Has anyone put a list together of which trinket pairings to use on the different fights?

Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    Well... According to the other lock in my guild the BiS neck on the first page is no longer BiS. Xhuls is BiS due to mastery + SP. After all Int > Mastery = haste. So anything that has higher intellect is ideal. Obviously with secondary stats. But it completely depends. I don't see a need to have 26% haste... I'm not actually gaining more nightfall procs..? And the drain soul cast reductions minimal at best so to speak? Or is that just me...?
    For my character, and the latest simc results, haste is coming in better on single target and 2-3 target cleave. Why 26%? There are no breakpoints.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    For my character, and the latest simc results, haste is coming in better on single target and 2-3 target cleave. Why 26%? There are no breakpoints.
    Because 26% haste is the amount that I gain with the IRP when fully buffed. A point imo that it would be more beneficial to class trinket at than to add more haste. I would always take simcrafts with a pinch of salt. Since it's more than likely patchwerked. Theres no fight in HFC where you can cast drain soul patchwerk efficiently. What I'm saying is that haste maybe beneficial to you (I don't know what your item level is but mines 715 so fully HC geared~ just about) but to me I don't see a benefit? It's negligible at best so to speak. If I pile on haste continuously I may as well use the class trinket have reduced DoT times so I get more ticks per DoT up time since as you mentioned there are no haste breakpoints. Maybe it's just me? But the extra 4-6% of haste isn't giving me enough nightfall procs to outweigh an intellect/damage proc trinket.

Deleted
    Hello, quick question about multi target situation and t18 bonuses

When doting 2 to 3 targets AND during dark soul, is it better to just dot secondary targets and full drain soul the main target to icnrease dps on this target, and increase dark soul duration with 2 part, or is it better to " multi" drain soul ( 1 tick ), just to refresh haunt on all targets with 4 part, at the cost of a shorter dark soul with the lost of 2 part effect

thanks v m

What is better to use as affliction out of these....normal Fragment, HWF IRP, CSP, heroic DSI. TY in advance.
    Last edited by krytt29; 2015-09-01 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is someone willing to explain to me what you're looking for when you review your own affliction logs? I had it really down pat while playing Demo with combining all my cast/buff graphs to make sure I cast meta SF's during important procs while managing my Fury properly.

But I'm not exactly sure how I should be reviewing my logs as Affliction to make sure I'm maximizing my damage. Perhaps just look at my opener and Dark Souls?

Some help here would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    Is someone willing to explain to me what you're looking for when you review your own affliction logs? I had it really down pat while playing Demo with combining all my cast/buff graphs to make sure I cast meta SF's during important procs while managing my Fury properly.

But I'm not exactly sure how I should be reviewing my logs as Affliction to make sure I'm maximizing my damage. Perhaps just look at my opener and Dark Souls?

Some help here would be great.
    DoT uptime is a big one obviously
    Haunting Spirits uptime
    Dark Soul times (did I make sure I hit it w/ rings, was haunt applied, did my trinkets proc during it)
    Drain Soul uptime (was there a lot of downtime between casts - caused by waiting too long to recast, ping can fuck this up)
    Any of the other general Warlock things - Doomguard during lust/execute, etc

Deleted
    Sims shown in the OP seem to show that CSP is better than Normal DSI and better than Heroic Piston. What sorcery is this? I currently have CSP, HWF Piston and Norm DSI -> should I use CSP + Piston then?

CSP is only better on patchwerk fight, 0 movement, 100% uptime situations, other trinkets will pull ahead in actual combat

Hey guys just looking for a bit of help.

So last night i decided to try the the heroic class trinket with a 75 mastery gem in it on tyrant velhari.

Here is my current gear set up that i used on the fight http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Proxeum/simple (Replace the sandmans with the class trinket.)

Here is my log from last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=15

Here is my log from a week ago: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3

My question is, i was recommended to use the heroic class trinket over the heroic piston so i tried it last night. I was using the piston last week, I was wondering why i did around 5 million damage less last night compared to last week.

The only difference in gear i was using last week compared to last night was that i was using the tier head, ancient gore stained wrap and piston last week, this week i was using the archimonde head, tier robes and class trinket.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Deleted
    I guess you are thinking it will be the class trinket that is the problem.
    I would doubt that tbh.

There are so many other factors to consider.
    RNG being the biggest.
    Carrying extra DPS
    Add being alive longer
    Fight Length in general.
    Also for this fight specifically, it would be your uptime during the last phase when the damage increase is present. (not to mention procs)

Sorry i didn't have time to compare as there are so many differences it seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeum View Post
    -snip-
    From just looking at the damage breakdown, your damage in the last phase (where a lot of your total damage is coming from) is significantly lower in the 1st log.

From just looking at the damage breakdown, your damage in the last phase (where a lot of your total damage is coming from) is significantly lower in the 1st log.
    I noticed that also, but I can't for the life of me think why, maybe I didn't have a soul burn haunt or dark soul up.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeum View Post
    I noticed that also, but I can't for the life of me think why, maybe I didn't have a soul burn haunt or dark soul up.
    Because you get a stacking damage % buff the longer you are in p3.

If you cut out p3 you can clearly see that your damage is higher in the most recent log.

86k: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...08&end=4205532
    vs
    76k: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...06&end=2614914

Tyrant is not a good fight to compare dps with anyone, even yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    High Council: Classtrinket or not?

I noticed that the highest ranked parses tend to make sure they have 100% uptime of all DoTs on all 3 targets, while SB:H + souldraining the main target when they don't have to immediately refresh something, but this obviously isn't possible with the classtrinket as UA will fall off on the first target by the time you're done dotting up the last one. However, once Gurtogg is dead it should become considerably easier to keep DoTs up on only 2 targets, right? Or is it not able to catch up anymore at that point compared to 100% uptime 3 target dotting with +int trinket (DuT / Piston) ?
    Depends on your playstyle I guess. Playing with fragment will give you (should) enough shards for 100% uptime on SB:H, but 3 target dotting is messy as fuck. With other trinkets you might get shard-starved but it's general more relaxed to play (as far as dotting 3 targets goes ^^).

Personally I usually go with my WF DUT.
    made by Shyama

I have a question about DSI and Affliction - mainly how best to use it, and because i want to understand why it's considered so good.

Now I understand why it's so good for Destruction - because you ideally would use the proc to dump Chaos Bolts. But for Affliction you don't really do anything like that if you're playing SB:Haunt unless you have extra shards. With the legendary ring, I think you're better off trying to time Dark Soul with the legendary ring.

So I often see DSI recommended as one of the best trinkets for Affliction and I'm try to understand why and how best to use it. Is it in part because not many of the other HFC trinkets are that great for Affliction? How do you best use this trinket?

I personally find trinket discussions often assume that you're comparing the Mythic version of everything. For me personally - I have Normal DSI: but I also have Mythic DuT (With a socket) and CSP. The item level difference is fairly large: and I know that doesn't necessarily mean much with trinkets. But while I know that if I had Mythic (or possibly even heroic DSI) it would be better than those trinkets: I'm not so sure the Normal version is.

Deleted
    It has passive Mastery and the uptime on the buff is quite high. It's just a great trinket.