10+ Year Old Account

UH Haste or Mastery?

Up until recently, I've been rolling Multistrike primary Mastery secondary, both because most my sims shows those to be best, and also because Multi/Mastery fit tanking as well, allowing for a good split without changing much gear.

That said, both AMR and SimCraft are showing me Multi/Haste is the way to go by a decent amount. I'm under the impression AMR is meh sometimes, and Sims are debateable right now. Should I stick with Multi/Mastery or switch to Multi/Haste?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Haste has always been iffy for me on sims, for like literally years now.
    So Unless you like changing around alittle in the import weights id say just keep going multi/mastery.

Sidenote. reason why it might show haste high is beacuse those items are higher ilvl and will give you more str. But if it's telling you to gem for haste then i'd generally just ignore that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    I assume the Multi/Haste > Mastery result was from single target sim but as soon as you throw in couple of add spawns and so on, mastery pulls quite a bit ahead. Specially with the class trinket.

Depending on gearsetup haste ends up good even on AoE, did a few sims a while ago and haste could take on mastery even on 5 sustained targets with NP, due to the number of FeS needed and the comparably high value BB you trade it for. As the number of FeS needed to maintain NP is constant haste is relativley valauble due to getting more BBs out.

Point though is, that we don't really have sustained AoE fights, except maybe gorefiend mythic and we may have down time, which is devaluing haste. Overall haste is by no means a bad stat but it none you should gear for. You'll find a solid amount of haste on your gear anyway as even with the MS/mastery BiS list you will et some haste items and those should be plenty.
    For example after getting my legendary ring the value of haste plummeted after around 1k, still very similar to crit/vers/mastery for ST but getting weaker AoE.

So even if it is momenttarily shown as your second best stat its unlikely to stay so when you get into higher ilvls and you should just keep in mind that you don't midn the stat but still go for MS/mastery as their efective value in HFC fights will be greater.

Honestly i would say mastery any day of the week. The way unholy's mastery owrks with the spec makes it extremely strong to prioritize. It is almost just a straight DPS increase. Haste is a good 2nd or 3rd stat, but i would definitely say to put Mast 1st
    World of Warcraft PvP montages, guides, game updates and more!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dottzgaming
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/dottzgaming/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DottzGaming
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dottzgaming

Deleted
    Haste is something very personal. During t16 the exorsus unholy DK who actually brought us back festering on thok mentioned he liked quiet a lot of haste. Later some high rankers completely ignored it (ending with like 5-6k instead of some DKs saying 7-9k was best)... Haste is probably (imo) one of the most gameplay value stat we have - if we have not enough it feels very edgy; if we have too much during certain situations (soaking, bloodlust, boss mechanics...) it feels bad as well. So haste is something you can actually make yourself roughly comfortable with.

At least while we had reforging it wasn't hard to find a good value. But even nowadays... just get a feeling for it. It's worth a lot more than sims... because here is actually where you stand with your gameplay and skill (at least if you have enough insight of your own gameplay)

Simcraft will always give you pretty accurate results for stats because they are catered to YOUR toon specifically. Though even with that haste is a highly up in the air choice, all comes down to how you feel with it really