People only care because the lion has a name. They don't seem quite as upset as all the other endangered animals that are killed every day by hunters and poachers.

I don't condone killing for sport but from what I've read the dude thought he bought the hunt legally. The blame should be put on the natives who arranged the hunt, not the gullible idiot.

He bought it from someone that didn't have one to sell. Ignorance has never been an acceptable defense. He obviously would have been aware of how the Lion was lured out of the National Park. Considering the other 2 were arrested for poaching and he is wanted for poaching I don't think the gullible idiot defense is going to work.

Deleted
    I find it rather silly hunting for sports, since that was not the point of hunting. And killing a feral just for the name is ignorant and just plain cruel. Hope they find him and he gets what he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    People only care because the lion has a name. They don't seem quite as upset as all the other endangered animals that are killed every day by hunters and poachers.

I don't condone killing for sport but from what I've read the dude thought he bought the hunt legally. The blame should be put on the natives who arranged the hunt, not the gullible idiot.
    From the description i heard, it seems fairly likely he was perfectly aware of what he was doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never even heard of this lion, only mentioned in some thread. It's just like the zoo things, as soon as it gets a name, people tend to react much different than towards the many other versions of same event against nameless beings.

Why is this thing even in this section!? Just noticed now...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't it just pop incarn and shred that hunter??

Oh nvm he tranq shotted it rip.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2015-07-31 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Hunters need a god damn nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Why didn't it just pop incarn and shred that hunter??

Oh nvm he tranq shotted it rip.
    Because he had been socializing with and entertaining humans for years. Then an abortion of a human being lures him off the Preserve with food, wounds him with a crossbow, stalks him for 40 hours, shoots him with a rifle and cuts his head off. Way to go Walter Palmer, may your death be just as slow and painful.

watch out D.E.H.T.A. is going to be in frenzy!

In all seriousness, while sure, people have been attracted to this because its a famous lion that has a name, that sort of attention will bring changes so fewer lions have to suffer the same in the future.

It wont stop it, but atleast create a step in the right direction. Senators are already passing laws/bills/whatever to counter these trades making it back to the US, which kills a good part of the customer base for the trade on that side of the ocean.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2015-08-02 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why couldnt this have been posted in one of the threads about Cecil already?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    thought I would share my post from another thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post35207533