Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anything actually useful about TSM3?

I've been in the beta for a while. Mostly it seems that the changes (relative to TSM2) are random things that are of interest only to Sap You and his peculiar way of doing things.

Stuff that seems like it would be super useful (prices in filter expressions?) is only half assedly implemented and as usual totally undocumented anyway.

Does TSM actually only serve the needs of people that log into the TSM IRC channel?

Deleted
    Are you sure you posted in right thread bro? Doucement la bier

So no one else is in the TSM3 beta?

I am in the beta, but you really did post this in the wrong place. It is quite possible I will be the only one to see it of those whom you want to see it.

Post this in the UI section of the forums, not this Garrison section.

As for your question. TSM3 seems to mainly have better/faster searching, more user friendly options, and the new post from bags feature. I may be missing some but that is what I personally have found useful.

I just wish the Inventory Tracker was still a separate module

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzou View Post
    I am in the beta, but you really did post this in the wrong place. It is quite possible I will be the only one to see it of those whom you want to see it.

Post this in the UI section of the forums, not this Garrison section.

As for your question. TSM3 seems to mainly have better/faster searching, more user friendly options, and the new post from bags feature. I may be missing some but that is what I personally have found useful.
    I don't really care what WeakAura users think of TSM3. I'm interested in what the AH goblins think of it. This forum is 99% relevant to AH goblins, and I can't remember the last time I saw a useful gold/profession UI-related post in the UI forum.

Hate to break it to you, but this forum is not where most AH goblins hang out.

For that, you either want StormSpire, or the woweconomy reddit.

Not that there aren't people making gold here, but that's not the predominance of this forums traffic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin here, and I've made my millions of gold without TSM. Tried it a couple of years ago and it was so freaking buggy it drove me insane. I haven't heard anything about it since then that convinces me it's any less jacked up.

There have been TONS of various improvements in TSM3 Beta, as well as a whole host of QoL improvements. I can guarantee that we've implemented a lot of often requested functionalities, most of which came from our users and were then voted on. TSM is hardly a platform for just whatever Sapu wants.

As for the price sources in filters, I am not sure what you mean by half-implemented... I just use this particular feature to completely resort my huge Xmog list into new price bucket groups! It is definitely one of my favorite new additions, along with Quick Post From Bags, which is super handy especially while leveling.

I can promise you only an INCREDIBLY small fraction of our users ever join our IRC chat. We definitely do not server just the needs of the people in IRC. We wouldn't be much of an addon if we did! That said, If you're having specific issues with the TSM3 Beta or would like to provide feedback in general, IRC is your best option for getting your issues fixed as well as providing any feedback on current features that you think could be improved. I won't promise anything, we can't implement every feature every person wants, but we at the very least will hear you out. This would be much more constructive than a random post on MMO-C in the wrong forum.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Goblin here, and I've made my millions of gold without TSM. Tried it a couple of years ago and it was so freaking buggy it drove me insane. I haven't heard anything about it since then that convinces me it's any less jacked up.
    I 100% agree you don't need any addons to make gold in WoW, but...

That would have still been during the time of ancient TSM1 I believe? I agree it was quite a beast. I would implore you to check out TSM2 (current releases are all on Curse) along with our desktop application via our website. It downloads updated pricing data as soon as it is available from Blizzard for immediate use in game, very handy! If you like what you see you should consider checking out the TSM3 Beta. If you have any questions feel free to hop in our IRC and I will personally give you pointers, or you can check out a number of the TSM specific guides linked on our website.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torchler View Post
    I just wish the Inventory Tracker was still a separate module
    TSM was never meant to be an inventory tracking addon really, that is why it was rolled into the module that uses it.

That said, if you are looking for an inventory tracking addon, I highly suggest Altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehmuffinman View Post

That would have still been during the time of ancient TSM1 I believe?
    I've made quite a bit of gold as well (I think I was at around 40k/day when I used TSM to track it) but hot damn for the most part TSM seemed to make it harder. Some of the things seemed to be overly complicated for no reason however I'm sure half of it was because of Blizzard. I'll give TSM2 a try since I started playing again now however is there any place I can apply for TSM3 beta?

And as examples of annoyances:
    • Whenever I open a profession, it simply tanks my FPS to 2-3 for like 10 seconds.
    • Typing 3 letters in a profession search tab for the first time clears it, selects the first item in the list and tanks FPS.
    • There's no fast way (at least not intuitive, might be able to do in a complicated way) to search and post items without affixes

Shit Chest of the Bear . I want to click it and have a tick option to disregard the "of the Bear" part. I want to be able to post that item for the price of the lowest even if the lowest is called "Shit Chest of the Falcon".
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2015-08-01 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I've made quite a bit of gold as well (I think I was at around 40k/day when I used TSM to track it) but hot damn for the most part TSM seemed to make it harder. Some of the things seemed to be overly complicated for no reason however I'm sure half of it was because of Blizzard. I'll give TSM2 a try since I started playing again now however is there any place I can apply for TSM3 beta?

And as examples of annoyances:
    • Whenever I open a profession, it simply tanks my FPS to 2-3 for like 10 seconds.
    • Typing 3 letters in a profession search tab for the first time clears it, selects the first item in the list and tanks FPS.
    • There's no fast way (at least not intuitive, might be able to do in a complicated way) to search and post items without affixes

Shit Chest of the Bear . I want to click it and have a tick option to disregard the "of the Bear" part. I want to be able to post that item for the price of the lowest even if the lowest is called "Shit Chest of the Falcon".
    Lets see if I can address some of your concerns...

Beta Signups - https://www.tradeskillmaster.com/beta - and while I don't expect you to at all we do offer some fancy extras (just some nice icing QoL things through our website) with our new Premium Service, one of which is instant beta access.

To my knowledge all the FPS tanking issues were largely fixed quite a long time ago. I remember what you're talking about and I personally haven't experienced that in a long long time. I know for a fact TONS of memory and threading (as much as you can consider addons threaded) enhancements have taken place in TSM3

As far as item handling without a suffix, that is super easy to do in TSM3. As a dev I have been using TSM3 for quite awhile for testing etc, so I cannot remember off the top of my head how it was in TSM2... for let me post some examples from TSM3...

Searching for "Grand Boots" manually, without any suffix - displays all items:

One of the primary things I sell is Xmog items, which obviously means suffixes mean nothing to me. Here you can see an example of my group (note the "Ignore Random Enchants on Ungrouped Items" checkbox at the top). I made sure to check that box before I added any items to my group. Also note that the pricing information provided by our desktop app (TSM_AuctionDB information in the tooltip) is also suffix independent.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    ignore enchants TSM2 seems identical to what you are describing

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    ignore enchants TSM2 seems identical to what you are describing
    Ya I figured, I just couldn't remember for sure if that was in TSM2. My brain has been so focused on TSM3 lately it is all a blur! haha

TSM was never meant to be an inventory tracking addon really, that is why it was rolled into the module that uses it.

That said, if you are looking for an inventory tracking addon, I highly suggest Altoholic!
    I already track my inventory using ArkInventory - i want the ability to turn off item tracking in TSM. You cannot do this in TSM3 - you can just disable it showing on tooltips.

I already track my inventory using ArkInventory - i want the ability to turn off item tracking in TSM. You cannot do this in TSM3 - you can just disable it showing on tooltips.
    TSM would not be able to function without tracking your various inventories on your toons. It has to know whats in your bags to list and it has to know whats on your toons to craft etc... it doesn't track inventory just for the sake of tracking inventory.

TSM would not be able to function without tracking your various inventories on your toons. It has to know whats in your bags to list and it has to know whats on your toons to craft etc... it doesn't track inventory just for the sake of tracking inventory.
    I understand this but for myself (i know everyone uses it differently) i don't craft. I have 11 toons i use the mail component to send various things i have collected during the week to one character and then i just post stuff to the AH with that. Mi AH toon really is the only one where it needs to be tracked.

I guess I could just have addons on/off per character but i add/remove addons all the time and that is micro-management i just don't care to do.

I'll most likely just end up coding my own mail addon with pre-set lists and use another AH addon. I was a premium member for the sake of TSM3 but un-subscribed once i wasn't able to turn off tracking inventory.

It's not that TSM is bad, i would recommend it to everyone - just a change that doesn't suit me.

- - - Updated - - -

Feature suggestion .. The ability to have connected realm AH data show up on both servers instead of having to download the data twice and store it twice.

I understand this but for myself (i know everyone uses it differently) i don't craft. I have 11 toons i use the mail component to send various things i have collected during the week to one character and then i just post stuff to the AH with that. Mi AH toon really is the only one where it needs to be tracked.

I guess I could just have addons on/off per character but i add/remove addons all the time and that is micro-management i just don't care to do.

I'll most likely just end up coding my own mail addon with pre-set lists and use another AH addon. I was a premium member for the sake of TSM3 but un-subscribed once i wasn't able to turn off tracking inventory.

It's not that TSM is bad, i would recommend it to everyone - just a change that doesn't suit me.

- - - Updated - - -

Feature suggestion .. The ability to have connected realm AH data show up on both servers instead of having to download the data twice and store it twice.
    Even with TSM2, if you turned off ItemTracker, things would cease to function. I just used crafting as an example, but auctioning in general would cease to function without being aware of your inventory. You can set it to ignore various toons if you want, you can even turn off various stuff in the tooltips so its as if it isn't there at all. It isn't really using anymore resources that it would otherwise, so it really shouldn't be of any consequence. It was rolled into the core addon because literally almost everything required it anyway to function.

As for your suggestion, I have heard that a few times. Definitely something we should look into!

Even with TSM2, if you turned off ItemTracker, things would cease to function. I just used crafting as an example, but auctioning in general would cease to function without being aware of your inventory. You can set it to ignore various toons if you want, you can even turn off various stuff in the tooltips so its as if it isn't there at all. It isn't really using anymore resources that it would otherwise, so it really shouldn't be of any consequence. It was rolled into the core addon because literally almost everything required it anyway to function.

As for your suggestion, I have heard that a few times. Definitely something we should look into!
    Thanks for the detailed justification. The responses you've given me were better than the experience i had asking the same question in IRC.