Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Druids didn't get a fourth spec. They had one spec split into two specs. It was a huge freaking nerf.

Nope, they probably know they cannot handle the exponential class-balancing that a new class would mean... it would completely mess up everything and on the other side, I dont think they have any bright ideas to make a new class feeling unique...

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    they added 2 melee class's that are leather and plate, dk and monk.

the next one will probably be a mail, maybe not next expansion though, and yeah must be range

i'm so much for demon hunters, but as i said in another thread, a friend of mine believes in ''the dark prophet'', which features the shadowstalkers. that friend of mine said, the guy who has leaked ''the dark prophet'' was the one who has leaked cata and MoP before. The downside i see in shadowstalkers is, that they're basically 3 new hunter speccs, with one of those shooting his allies in the face... for healing!

10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Nope, they probably know they cannot handle the exponential class-balancing that a new class would mean... it would completely mess up everything and on the other side, I dont think they have any bright ideas to make a new class feeling unique...
    Ah, the classic dog and pony show of "muh imbalance."
    Class balance has actually very little to do with them making a new class. They'll make a new class, and it'll either be OP or really shit, but people will have fun playing it regardless. They'll slowly tweak its abilities over a year and it'll be balanced by the time next expansion rolls around, just like how they did with DKs and Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Curoch View Post
    Ah, the classic dog and pony show of "muh imbalance."
    Class balance has actually very little to do with them making a new class. They'll make a new class, and it'll either be OP or really shit, but people will have fun playing it regardless. They'll slowly tweak its abilities over a year and it'll be balanced by the time next expansion rolls around, just like how they did with DKs and Monks.
    "muh imbalance" ? what are u, a cow? I assume you mean that I complain about how the balance will affect my class, yes? If so, no worry, I don't pvp. Whatever you might think, adding one class will affect ALL others as the new class will get spells that directly might nullify a certain ability (believe me as I've worked in the gaming industry). It's never as easy to just, hey let's add these cool things and all will just meld together perfectly. Nope.. for every added class, ALL classes complexity is increased.

That why *I* think they wont add a new class... as a response to the OP's question!

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe its very likely we'll get new race/or class (or both).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    I hope so, at least a new Mail wearing class, perhaps a ranger-type similar to the hunter but with something unique.
    Because currently, only the Hunter uses Range weapons and there are only 2 mail wearers while there are 3 of the others. This'll balance it out.
    So ranged and mail wearing. Sounds very steampunk
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Seeing as how the Chinese hints are basically screaming new class at us, yes.

The game has room for one more mail-wearing class, hopefully with both a tank and a healing spec, I think a tank spec is almost mandatory given the situation in queues.
    It also has to be ranged, given how overstacked melee is. Both Monk and DK were obviously melee.
    So mail wearing ranged healer. I would definitely main it because of its absurdity, but the chinese riddle hints at demon hunter which is a cloth wearing melee dps. So, what? Two new classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Any other class will just be a clone of what we already have with different animations.
    Wait you are saying that's not the case already?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I think Blizzard has to resort to the big guns, on this next expansion.
    Hmm, how about a gunner class. Sure, hunters can use guns, but maybe one that dual wields pistols

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So ranged and mail wearing. Sounds very steampunk

So mail wearing ranged healer. I would definitely main it because of its absurdity, but the chinese riddle hints at demon hunter which is a cloth wearing melee dps. So, what? Two new classes?

Wait you are saying that's not the case already?

Hmm, how about a gunner class. Sure, hunters can use guns, but maybe one that dual wields pistols
    When was it stated that a demon hunter is a "cloth wearing melee class"? Except in fan fiction, I mean.

Deleted
    It's about time we get a new RANGED class,
    It's about time they make it a hero class

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranged tank
    You know that the concept of tanking excludes them being ranged, right?

and melee healing are missing
    Didn't they stated that was the concept of monks? But they failled to properly implement it?

and neither seem like they would fit into WoW.
    Here i agree...

The only open space in WoW, is the one of a Mail class using ranged weapons.

Any other class will just be a clone of what we already have with different animations.
    That is another good point for another class using ranged weapons, without a pet... Even that such a spec could be implemented in an already existing class, such as rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    That is another good point for another class using ranged weapons, without a pet... Even that such a spec could be implemented in an already existing class, such as rogues.
    By that logic we would have 3 classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    It's about time we get a new RANGED class,
    It's about time they make it a hero class
    This!

We do really need a new Range class. Either for pure DPS or maybe Hybrid DPS/Heal. Tanks are pretty good where they are at. We got Monk who have a tank spec. Don't think we need more?!

How does a petless ranged-using mail wearer differ from a Hunter with the Lone Wolf talent at all?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I'd rather there not be. I don't know if they will. Hell, I'd rather a new spec for some classes but even then, I am very wary. I'd rather they just focus on making good new content that doesn't get old real fast or piss everyone off.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    By that logic we would have 3 classes
    The point is this, we already have enought DW classes around, how unique would a Demon Hunter be?

In the other side, the game still lacks a petless ranged spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    How does a petless ranged-using mail wearer differ from a Hunter with the Lone Wolf talent at all?
    They would be designed around not having a pet, wich wasn't the initial idea for Hunters.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2015-07-30 at 10:28 AM.

If i was putting money on it, i would bet on a new race (high elf, Ogre) and not a new class.

However, i WANT a new class.

How about a ranger. Think Aragorn. 2h sword tank, 2h sword melee, and a spec for using a bow for ranged spec. He would wear mail. I think it could be made to fit with a title like guardian of the glade.

Anyway, predictions for the Xpac, i think an undead theme, with an old god end boss. Karazhan as a mid point raid. Heavy tirisfal glades focus. and maybe the last titan as an ally, which helps us against the old god.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    The point is this, we already have enought DW classes around, how unique would a Demon Hunter be?
    Letting them dual-wield tank is all it would take.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about a range mail class, using only "guns" as weapons? Something to do with engineering maybe? Mechanical.. somewhat.

A DPS/Heal hybrid. As I said before.

Deleted
    I was going to reply and say:

"Definitely! We haven't had a new class since Death knight."

Then I remembered there are monks. Hardly represented.

But still, I think there will be a new class.