• Loss : 1.4 ~ 1.7M

32 10.46%
  • Loss : 1.8 ~ 2.0K

16 5.23%
  • Loss : 2.1M +

34 11.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Will depend on how well tokens worked I'd say , but most likely still a loss IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    As always, this is usually the best indicator of sub numbers.

This would indicate that the 6.2 release date did good work and we may not see a drop at all.
    That's about right.

Keep in mind the botters are returning in full storm -- sis saw 2 yesterday flying as level 90 (same flying hack as in MoP) in TJ -- so the numbers maybe higher than actual players playing.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    As always, this is usually the best indicator of sub numbers.

This would indicate that the 6.2 release date did good work and we may not see a drop at all.
    Why are there two Januarys in that chart?

Quote Originally Posted by Fullgore View Post
    small loss

Some came back for 6.2 but also left again. Going to be even more noticeable inb q3.
    The ban of botters.
    Forgot about the botters, that could be interesting.

I voted for a small loss, but the tokens, 6.2 and the promise of flying could have turned things around a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfall View Post
    Why are there two Januarys in that chart?
    So the timeline won't get cut off as you can see what happened to the July, 2014. It's a 1 year snapshot, and January is the start of the year and probably the most important to keep labeled.

This is the most accurate means for players to view players actually playing, as it's a /who summary, not grabbing data like AH sales (many don't buy/sell themselves, they use alts for that, instead); or the data they get is screwed up for whatever reason (looking at you wowprogress on guild dates!).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Small losses, between 200k-300k but I'd not be surprised if there was any gain.

They gotta be a really low since blizzard is in panic and rushes another expansion.

I don't really care about the sub count unless it gets really low, but I', expecting between 5-6.5 million. Could go either way. The fact that revenue is up after tokens were added implies they were fairly successful, so it may be that it keeps people playing who would have left if they had to pay with cash.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    They gotta be a really low since blizzard is in panic and rushes another expansion.
    They've said they want to get out expansions quicker for years, this means nothing.

Loss of about 300k or so. The token will have offset some damage, hype for 6.2 may have kept some folks around, and I think most people who were going to leave already had done so in Q1.

WoW token 100% saved the day, i doubt there will be sub drops on US servers at least, due to the low token price.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Small loss. The massacre is going to be THIS quarter, late July the freefall resumed in activity.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    1-2 million.

They deserve to loose that much, I still don't want WoW to die (And hence loose everything i've ever achieved on it), but my god they deserve to loose some money after the fucking travesty that was WoD.

-450K.
    Report will point out that income is about unchanged because of token sales.

I'm going with an even million lost. They deserve to lose more for this expansion but we shall see.

Hard to tell, I guess its going to be a minor loss. Patch 6.2 and the tokens must've helped greatly to stabilise, but the game by itself is still quite bad. My bet is around 400k loss, but if its a million or more then I won't see a good future for WoW anymore.

I'm going with a gain of about a million.

Snapshot was in June 30th, a week after 6.2's release. A LOT of people resubbed for it, even if it's only for the month. Subs will trickle down from here and Q3/Q4 reports will be the ones to show drops.