Deleted

Missing Product - Bought from Amazon

I bought a product for £200 (used, no box) from Amazon. I waited couple of days and the delivery was successful, although when I opened the parcel, the only thing that parcel contained was a charger, starter manual and no actual product. I contacted Amazon and they instantly gave me a refund whilst opening an investigation regarding the missing product. I now bought same product but from different seller, so I am waiting for the parcel to be delivered right now. It seems that the company that delivered me the package will be investigated and also amazon will investigate from their end.

Anyone had this experience?
    Last edited by mmocd5fcc1f22c; 2015-07-30 at 10:01 AM.

I use Amazon " premium ", and I often have bad surprises with their delivery sub-contractors (mostly TNT if it exists where you live) : parcels " in the mailbox " but in fact in front of my door, parcels " in hand " but in front of my door even if I was at home (nobody rang) ... so I'm not surprised.

Never had a problem in the US. We have UPS and FedEx and they are good from my experience. My big problem with deliveries is getting what I ordered, not liking it, but it's too small a matter to send back.

I ordered some clothespins for air drying clothes outside. When they arrived they were tiny clothespins for a doll house. Not worth the postage to send back and a mistake I wouldn't have made if I had bought them from a brick and mortar store. Now I have to find a use for tiny clothespins or throw them out.

Sometimes it's my fault for not reading closely enough.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon had problems in the past with employees stealing products in the warehouse, perhaps this was what happened with your item.
    As for me, Amazon Prime has been great right up until a new delivery driver starting doing the rounds. He never knocks to leave a item, just looks and says no one was in. I even gave Amazon directions on where to leave the packages in a safe place and he still wouldn't deliver.

Did it look like the box had been tampered with, opened/resealed etc? It's possible it was just a bad box and you got unlucky, someone forgot to put the product in. It happens. I ordered a monitor and it just didnt come for 2 weeks. Was stuck at the local mail depot, contacted Amazon and they were very good. It's why I like Amazon, they don't mess around and try to placate you, they just give you your money back and look into it

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Amazon needs to allow their customers to choose which carrier we want, or at least which carrier we don't want.

Here in Spain we have a carrier that is just horrible, but both amazon.es and amazon.co.uk seem to be in love with him.

Deleted
    It might've been the parcel service or a subcontractor employee or an scam sheme.

Was the product sold by amazon themself or by an independent seller?