Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    Except for the new players it's not an avenue to progress into normal mode raiding because no guild is going to want to have an LFR raider in their main roster...
    1. Most likely going to do sub par dps and die on fights.
    2. Most likely going to /afk on fights.
    3. Most likely not going to download a voice chat program.
    Too many assumptions.
    LFR is THE logical step for any player to progress to normal that then progresses into heroic and onto mythic. FTR I started in LFR, I'm not an AFK'r, I don't do sub par DPS, I don't die often, and I do have TS mumble and all that balls.

The fact that many players never go beyond LFR is irrelevant it doesn't change the mentality of any player intending to progress beyond it.
    You also need to appreciate that some people will not commit to a proper raid schedule for a variety of reasons mostly about real life that will exclude them from anything beyond LFR. That doesn't automatically make them poor players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    Give me one reason why a player who does the easiest content in the game is allowed to get an Item (legendary) that players who do the hardest content in the game.
    A mythic raider could say why does everyone below mythic get a legendary ring
    A heroic raider could say why does everyone below heroic get a legendary ring
    A normal raider could say why does everyone below normal get a legendary ring

Stop caring about what other people have. Just be happy you have it yourself. And TBF an upgrade ring is considerably more powerful than the version without moving beyond LFR

Reality is LFR is a tool to allow people to see content they can't see for a massive list of reasons beyond being shit, or as a introduction into further raiding.
    You don't like it, but then make loads of assumptions about the players in there.

Deleted
    LFR is just a symptom of an underlying issue with the game. The rush concept. Rush to max level, rush to enough itemlvl to get info lfr, rush through lfr -> unsub.

LFR in its current state is too easy and too unrewarding for its intended audience of alts and casual players.

Only real use for it is to collect legendary quest items, complete random quests, farm augment runes / temporal crystals or give people the chance to see the boss design (pixels not encounters).

Where is Garalon, Durumu etc? Fights that wiped most LFR groups pre-nerf and tended to kill a large number of the raid or even wipe groups who were thoroughly unprepared post-nerf? Seeing how few people you could kill Garalon with in a corpse field or taking bets on how many would die on Durumu 1st eye beam phase was fun.

Gear levels are too far below what is available elsewhere to non-raiders plus the removal of Tier sets from LFR makes them unrewarding for their audience.

Pointless in its current iteration, nobody would notice their removal if not for legendary questline drops.

/2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The problem is more the "special snowflake"- people, as already seen in this thread, they think because they raid higher difficulties than others, they are allowed to bash on others or are not allowed todo LFR.

If you feel like you need a bigger challenge, for whatever reason, go do heroic or even mythic, but please stop bashin on LFR and the people in it, do your thing and let them do their thing, dont try to take away others expirience, because you feel entitled todo so because you are slightly better.
    It's not a matter of "bashing".

Jensxo may be coming across as antagonistic but he makes some valid points.

Take your average LFR. How many people actually bother even attempting to follow mechanics? How many are obviously AFK auto attacking? And how many actively try and kill themselves so they can go afk and come back just to see if they got something from the boss?

On Gorefiend this week in LFR 7 people died on the last trash pack and didn't take any of the rezzes they were given. Before they could be votekicked someone pulled the boss. Over the course of the fight I myself handed out at least 3 BRS to try and get some of them up, none of which were taken. As soon as...and I mean LITERALLY as soon as...Gorefiend falls over we get spammed "Rez me".

And this fairly typical of LFR behaviour. The bosses and trash are dumbed down to the extreme yet people still don't want to do them and then turn around demanding that they should get comparable loot to the higher difficulties.

I'm not saying that ALL of those that play LFR are like this, but you can't deny that they're the majority, and the level of toxic behaviour in an LFR makes Riggs seem like a saint.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Woogi View Post
    Where is Garalon, Durumu etc? Fights that wiped most LFR groups pre-nerf and tended to kill a large number of the raid or even wipe groups who were thoroughly unprepared post-nerf? Seeing how few people you could kill Garalon with in a corpse field or taking bets on how many would die on Durumu 1st eye beam phase was fun.
    Well might have been fun once in a while but later on I personally didn't perceive it as overly fun to be one of the three not retarded players per raid who carried the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well might have been fun once in a while but later on I personally didn't perceive it as overly fun to be one of the three not retarded players per raid who carried the rest.
    I see your point.. still think some minor challenges and a more relevant gear reward is a better fit for LFR than what we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    I'm not saying that ALL of those that play LFR are like this, but you can't deny that they're the majority, and the level of toxic behaviour in an LFR makes Riggs seem like a saint.
    Yes that 7 in your case is the majority number of 40? in LFR.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Yes that 7 in your case is the majority number of 40? in LFR.... lol.
    LFR is 40man? I never noticed. And that was just an example of those that let themselves die to avoid doing a fight. Or in this case BEFORE the fight to avoid doing the fight.
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2015-07-31 at 12:51 PM.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    So many people in LFR (and non-raiding guilds) with gear in the 690-705 range, one wonders why we even wasted time raiding heroic and mythic BRF if those casuals can catch up that quickly.
    If you and the other snowflakes in this thread bottled them tears you would make a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    LFR is 40man? I never noticed. And that was just an example of those that let themselves die to avoid doing a fight. Or in this case BEFORE the fight to avoid doing the fight.
    I don't know what number it is that's why I put a question mark there. That was for you to tell me being as you do LFR and I don't, but it sure as hell isn't 13 which would at least take 7 as >50% although still not a majority.

Deleted
    Unlike the Iskar predictions, he turned out to be quite easy even with zero eye management.

Velhari is the new LFR wiper, Edict 1-shots people. Expect her to get nerfed into the ground during the next few weeks.

it's awesome sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    They watered down the gear so much in lfr along with the difficulty. This was the first time they trivialized lfr so much and this expansion had the largest quarter drop in subscriptions, for many of my friends this was a factor in them leaving the game because lfr gear helped fill in when you got bad rng for tier gear and trinkets. Now there is nothing except pugging with questionable groups.
    Don't underestimate the contribution of removing valor gear which was at old normal ilvl loot on top of this. If I was a non-raider I would probably have stopped for those reasons alone... as it is number of active max level alts has dropped from 6-8 to 1, with a corresponding drop in play time.