Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question What do you think paladins will become in the new expansion?

I've been wondering about what will happen to paladins in the new expansion.
    My hopes so far is that Expowered DS gets removed, and instead we get a buff on our aoe, or even a new ability for aoe.
    I would love to see blizzard bringing back the True Ret paladin Burst like in the old days, instead of mini bursts like our new T18 2 set shows.
    What do you guys hope/want for paladins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Buff holy radiance!
    ....................................................................................

10+ Year Old Account
    I want more healing buttons to press.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

LEEEEEESS boring Retlol would be good

From a Ret perspective, compared to something like a Frost DK that gets a lot of cleave damage for free without having to change up rotation/priority based on the number of available targets, it's always seemed clunky to me to have:

* Single target Seal / AOE Seal
    * Single target holy power generator / AOE holy power generator
    * Single target holy power finisher / AOE holy power finisher

I'd like to see that overhauled somehow but I'm not really sure what the best solution would be. I'm not holding my breath for any major overhaul to class mechanics, though, and I think we'll continue to be middle of the pack DPS with some utility. It would be nice if maybe Ret could bring something unique to a raid that Prot/Holy don't already bring.

Retribution
    I have a few things I'd like to see, although I'm very aware that these changes are hypothetical dreams which will never come true >.<

EDIT: Forgot the CD reset on The Art of War. Too lazy to correct it now, sorry
    EDIT2: Forgot the removal of the target requirement on HotR. Apologies. Also, if these images are too much and a Mod wants to remove them, here's the imgur album:
    http://imgur.com/a/iCeE6#0

Some are just value changes... some are completely new. Basically, I want a complete revamp of the Retribution spec.

Otherwise I'll think that the Retribution specc will be great on 7.0, nerfed into oblivion and become as undesirable as it is now, while Holy and Prot stay more or less viable throughout the entire expac. There's not much else to say I think...
    Last edited by Kelemar; 2015-07-30 at 07:58 PM.

i hope they change the heal animations finally that we acually have both. the normal we know and the hearstone anmations. i have to see those cm gear shoulders glitching all the time on my male space goat. and i hope some changes to AM. yes i know meters dont care, still i want to see numbers to see how much my CD did. maybe an absorb for 30% of the target hp or something.
    13/13

Monk

@Kelemar, like seriously I LOVE your Empowered Seals idea, those judgements are honestly really cool ideas
    Frenzy - Barthilas - Ret Paladin
    Twitch Channel - http://www.twitch.tv/sythirus
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAu...iFqEZf6SKJ-Cpw

I really like it how it is now.

I love the DP FV sinergy with Emp DS when it comes to heavy cleaving fights.

Seraphim is boring so I would ask for a more interesting single target "rotation".

It would be nice if they finally added a holy power benefit to the lvl 90 tier of talents.

Holy Prism generates 1 HP
    Light's Hammer has 5-10% chance to generate HP when it does damage or heals, spec dependent
    Execution Sentence generates 3 HP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dougalsfunnie View Post
    It would be nice if they finally added a holy power benefit to the lvl 90 tier of talents.

Holy Prism generates 1 HP
    Light's Hammer has 5-10% chance to generate HP when it does damage or heals, spec dependent
    Execution Sentence generates 3 HP
    Hmmm. That would actually not be bad. Although honestly 3HP on a 1min CD ability is pretty meh.
    But I suppose something is better than nothing.

In regards to Holy I would like something along the lines of a raid CD with an amazing looking visual effect. I realize I may be asking for to much as Paladins already have a ton of utility but it would still be cool. I will just provide a description of what the idea is that I have without any numbers or anything.

"The Paladin becomes a beacon of pure light emitting a shield/bubble around the Paladin and any Allies within 12 yards for 10 seconds. The Paladin and Allies effected by this effect have their movement speed increased by X% per Holy Power used and can cast spells while moving while within the shield/bubble"

You could take this same concept and go a lot of different ways with it. Instead of a movement speed buff it could be a giant absorption shield around all players, it could be a giant spell reflecting bubble, lots of different things could happen here..what do you all think? What could be better?

@JUsticarGames - To be honest, such a spell would be too OP. A better Aspect of the Fox that lasts for 10 seconds? Otherwise, I think the general idea isn't so bad. Let the Paladin radiate holy light blabla in a certain radius, and all who stand in that radius get a bonus like +15% casting speed or something. On the other hand, that still might be too op when there are fights where you stack everyone, whereas on other fights it could be kind of a chore and a hassle possibly, to always look where you position yourself etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anything less than warchief of the horde/ commander of the alliance is unacceptable.
    Last edited by Rawrzillasor; 2015-07-31 at 12:04 AM.

Wow. Not one thing anyone has mentioned in this thread so far has been anything close to balanced. I think paladins are pretty set as far as abilities go. The only real change I can think of is reworking Sanctified Wrath for prot. Currently it underperforms both of the other options in that tier by a significant margin.

here are some of my ideas feel free to give opinions =^)

Things that needs to be removed: Empowered Seals, Empowered Divine Storm, Final Verdict (just make Templar's Verdict hit for a finisher...)
    Things that needs to be looked at / redesigned*: Divine Purpose, Light's Hammer, Hammer of the Righteous (drop target requirement, PLEASE?!), Holy Avenger, Mastery change**.

*A lot of these are just tuning issue but Divine Purpose in combination with other mechanics we have throws us on a loophole of RNG that's mainly caused by Empowered Divine Storm, one of them has to go and that should be EmpDS. Light's Hammer duration cut in half and damage per tick doubled, effectively doing the same total damage per minute but it's delivered in 7-8 seconds instead of 16 seconds. Holy Avenger is troublesome for PvP burst- it's not the biggest crime on the list though...

**Retribution Mastery idea.
    In addition to current effects what if it also reduced the CD of all CDs 2minutes or longer, that being your Holy Avenger, Avenging Wrath, Lay on Hands and Bubble. Would go well with the design of ret being a CD burst spec, well we used to be anyways.

The list is long and full of terror, I'll keep praying for Consecration instead of Light's Hammer...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I'll keep praying for Consecration
    Only if it moves with us like it currently does in glyphed prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    Only if it moves with us like it currently does in glyphed prot.
    They could literately remove Light's Hammer from talents and give it to holy paladins only and then give ret back consecration and then figure out some other talent in it's place. It's such an iconic paladin ability and it has a ton of glyphs bound to it, I honest to god do not understand they removed consecration and replaced it with a longer cd- worse damage dealer ability. It's worse than that- it's a talent!

Also, if other dps specs keep their raid cds we need Aura Mastery back. 100%
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!