Deleted

Just give me the basics for Arms

Yo

I have read the guide for arms that is on the sticky. But I still cannot master arms. I have 4 set bonus with ilvl 710. I know that you guys will request logs etc, which I cant provade now. I did like 45k DPS on Archimonde HC. I'm still unsure how to do on pull and how to keep rend up. For example as soon as the adds come on Archimonde I start to panic and try to apply Rend on everything but then just whirlwind, but my rage burns out.

Deleted
    Arms easy mode:
    Play with SD
    Rend 2 - max 3 targets.
    Press CS > MS > SD while keeping rend up. Never use WW.
    Place down a Ravager every min with BB.
    If there is a add to cleave, activate SS.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Arms easy mode:
    Play with SD
    Rend 2 - max 3 targets.
    Press CS > MS > SD while keeping rend up. Never use WW.
    Place down a Ravager every min with BB.
    If there is a add to cleave, activate SS.
    Despite asking for the basics, I'm going to elaborate:

With 4p on ST, use Sudden Death.
    SD > Rend > CS > MS > WW

You will use WW on single target because the time between Rend ticks gives you the leeway to do so. The rotation (depending on procs) basically alternating MS - WW - MS - WW.

For fights with more than one target, use Taste for Blood, Rend everything, and spam Mortal Strike. This is when you'll never use Whirlwind.
    Rend > CS > MS

If the target is sub 20%, Execute them, regardless if there are multiple targets or not.
    Rend > CS > Execute

On Archimonde, your rage is running out because you aren't using TfB. You never have more than a couple targets up at a time (minus the dog phase), just Rend everything, Mortal Strike and Execute.

This is how I do pull..

Prepot > Charge > Rend > Cooldowns (reck/ring) > CS > Mortal Strike > Execute (if SD) > Drop Ravager just as Doomfire is gonna spawn and the boss is in place, very shortly after pull.. At this point rend will soon be hitting the refresh point on boss, you will activate Sweeping Strikes, if you have low-medium raid dps Rend the Doomfire and then reapply Rend to the boss just as it hits around 5 or less (I think it's officially 5.4s, but lets say 5)... If you have high raid dps it may not be worth rending the Doomfire orb on the pull, this you need to figure out.

Now depending on how much dps your raid has you have a choice of using your 2nd CS on the Doomfire for some Mortal Strike + Execute action or saving it for the Hellfire demon add that is about to spawn, finish off the Doomfire (make sure you have rage for a fat execute with SS up, in addition to some rage for the demon add) and then rend the new Demon add, at this point rend will again be falling off boss so refresh it and then Colossus Smash the add (if you have it) and commence mortal striking, only using thunderclap (resonating glyph) if you're high on rage (going to cap) and MS isn't going to come off cooldown during the GCD. You dont want to rage starve yourself so don't get too excited.

At this point you will be just about to move for alluring flames, try your best to get an execute off on the Demon add while SS is up and you're on top of the boss.. The basic play guides are there, it's up to you to master playing Arms and making the most of your 2/4 set. Doing good dps on any fight is all about learning when and where to use stuff and to avoid wasting dps.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-31 at 12:48 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Guys, I have the same problem as the OP.

Did 51k on HC Archi last night in my arms spec and I should be doing much more with my current gear (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ostlybg/simple). The advice you've given seems very reasonable and I will try to follow it closely.

On a side note, I have seen in the videos of several arms warrior a very neat way of tracking rend (it shows up above the target) and seems really easy to keep track of. Could anyone tell me what addon they are using.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyBG View Post
    Hi Guys, I have the same problem as the OP.

Did 51k on HC Archi last night in my arms spec and I should be doing much more with my current gear (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ostlybg/simple). The advice you've given seems very reasonable and I will try to follow it closely.

On a side note, I have seen in the videos of several arms warrior a very neat way of tracking rend (it shows up above the target) and seems really easy to keep track of. Could anyone tell me what addon they are using.

Thanks!
    Tidyplates

Well generally, you'll want to first master your hands. Hands are the end extension of your arms, and they'll be imperative to properly performing your arms. I suggest doing some basic hand-eye coordination training, maybe starting with something lite and easy for a warm-up. Try children's shape and place puzzles to start really working your hands out. Then you can move up to more legitimate tasks, such as practicing gripping a pencil, putting on gloves, etc.

Once you get to arms, I think this guide could explain it a lot better than I can. http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/arm-exercises

Good luck.