10+ Year Old Account

help for a friend

I have a friend who's pretty limited on money. Not really sure what all the good, cheap parts are atm. She has only around 300-400$ to use, if that. She wants to be able to raid in wow, anywhere from 20-30 man stuff without having bad frame rate. Anything that can built for her with that small amount?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    don't think you got many options, have a look at the list below, can't really go much lower than that (and thats without o/s):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($41.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($104.62 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($40.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green 380W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $437.55
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-30 21:26 EDT-0400
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-07-31 at 01:26 AM.

I'd say at that price point, getting used gear is probably the only option if you want true gaming performance. And that comes down to individual deals and luck of the draw with not getting shafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why a gtx 960 would be necessary if the point is WoW only but the pentium OC is indeed a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I don't see why a gtx 960 would be necessary if the point is WoW only but the pentium OC is indeed a great option.
    Because it's a great overall card that will run most games, not just WoW, on high-Ultra settings and it's a good price. I mean, she says she wants to be able to raid in WoW, but right now, WoW is entering a lull in content. Most everyone I know who plays WoW is sick of it as well. If she decides to play other games, the 960 will help out. It also supports DX12 better than the 750ti, so if WoW does ever add support for that, or any other games she decides to play in the future, she's ready for it.

Not that the 750ti is a bad card. Well, it kinda is, but it is a great little budget card. The 960 is better though, and it's only about $65 more.