[LoL] When do I play with people my skill level?

Didn't really want to make a QQ thread but the entire day of gameplay has been absolutely unbearable - to the point where I actually feel like quitting.

I am a very new player but looking at some of the players I'm forced to group with, it's obvious that I'm already leaps and bounds ahead of them. There's still very much to learn for me but I'm constantly reading, researching and watching videos. Then I go into a game where people are we have like 4 ADCs, people picking bad lanes, constantly feeding the other team, making the most moronic of errors constantly. I get there's such a thing as being new to the game but even on my very first game I don't feel like I hit the level of stupidity that some of these people do.

I think I've had, out of 15 games today, ONE game where I felt I was roughly on par with my team mates. Every other game has been ruined right from the very first couple of minutes by feeders.

All I want is a chance to play with people who can do the very basics of the game, maybe even some decent players that can show me something. It's impossible to have fun or progress in these types of matches. Even if I was losing to good people I'd be fine but I'm not, I'm just losing to people who kill feeders.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Ah, the wonders of auto-matchmaking
    I never play League of Legends with the intent to win because if i did, i would have quit by now.
    It's all random if you get a good team or not.
    And sometimes you get a good team...but the enemy team is just better than you.

The only way for you to control this to some degree is in team-builder.
    Choose to play only teams with good comps and avoid all the trolls/bad champions.

I always refuse to play with teams with Kindred jungler, ADC's top, troll bot lanes, Heimerdingers, Teemo, Gragas jungle, ADC junglers...and everything i consider not optimal for the teams comp.

Sometimes i lose 8 games in a row...sometimes i win 7 games in a row. It's all random in solo queue

10+ Year Old Account
    First things first don't fall for the Dunning Krueger effect because truly if you were leaps and bounds ahead them you'd carry and win games. Second of all you're playing normals, don't take them seriously because they are casual since it has no basis on competitive ranking etc. And finally don't blame your team for losing, like it's great and all to understand that maybe an 0/4 mid laner is holding your team back a bit but if you truly were better you'd carry a shitty mid laner through that. You also need to accept that some games just are unwinnable and move on from it.

I've smurfed a couple times before and I notice something about players in Silver through Plat (this includes normals) and they all think they are gods given gift to this world. It reminds me back when I played CoD, I wasn't great or anything at it but the amount of people who thought they were truly amazing at the game were just like any other casual player that played the game. To get good at LoL you gotta put a lot of hours in as well as keep reading studying etc. like I shit you not I have a friend who's played nearly as many games as me this season yet he's still Silver.

He played in Silver last season and is still Silver this season. If you play 1000+ games during your second season of ranked then you should be at least high gold but you know why he doesn't get high gold? Because he falls for the trap of blaming his teammates and all other sorts of mumbo fucking jumbo. He asked my brother (he's a diamond player) to get him to gold since he'd been there before but dropped down (how you drop from gold 5 is beyond me) so he could get the gold border but here's the kicker. First of all he asked my brother and didn't offer any money (yes I know boosting is illegal but who cares, most diamond players do it anyways) and then said "I deserve gold", on what fucking planet did he deserve gold? Not this one.

Basically don't be that "friend" and you'll be hitting gold in no time.
    Hey everyone

I agree with what you're saying. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm terrible, but I can do certain things like:

-Not die before minions spawn
    -Buy the correct items
    -Ping the map
    -Last hit with reasonable success

When your teammates fail on all of those points I think it's pretty hard to straight up carry :> I don't want to play with Challengers, just people who are doing roughly the same things as me so we can work together as a win. In those situations I'll learn faster and get better.In this game, I think I played decently, not a carry but clearly on the right track. But in this game, people were calling where at least pinging and moving together to achieve something. Apart from 1 guy on each team perhaps :> But yeah it's just so rare I can get a game like that. IDK I really love playing because when it's good it's great, but when it's bad it's soooooo awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    IDK I really love playing because when it's good it's great, but when it's bad it's soooooo awful.
    That's basically the whole League of Legends experience of Solo-Queue. It's random.
    Don't take it too seriously and always try to have fun.

You can only carry the game if you are willing to play with certain characters.
    And even with certain characters, sometimes is impossible to carry.

tl;dr: Don't take solo-queue too seriously and try to have fun. Even if in the end you lose, you must evaluate and decide if you were to blame or not.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-12-06 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Normal or Rankeds? I just leveled my first acc to 30 and started doing ranked's and am already at Plat III. If anything ranked below diamond is pretty damn easy, but normals can sometimes be pain due to very lax matchmaking algorythms. Afking/trolling happens at all levels of play, but mehanics wise people are bearable gold+++
    Last edited by mmoc7a131cc033; 2015-12-06 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Didn't really want to make a QQ thread but the entire day of gameplay has been absolutely unbearable - to the point where I actually feel like quitting.

I am a very new player but looking at some of the players I'm forced to group with, it's obvious that I'm already leaps and bounds ahead of them. There's still very much to learn for me but I'm constantly reading, researching and watching videos. Then I go into a game where people are we have like 4 ADCs, people picking bad lanes, constantly feeding the other team, making the most moronic of errors constantly. I get there's such a thing as being new to the game but even on my very first game I don't feel like I hit the level of stupidity that some of these people do.

I think I've had, out of 15 games today, ONE game where I felt I was roughly on par with my team mates. Every other game has been ruined right from the very first couple of minutes by feeders.

All I want is a chance to play with people who can do the very basics of the game, maybe even some decent players that can show me something. It's impossible to have fun or progress in these types of matches. Even if I was losing to good people I'd be fine but I'm not, I'm just losing to people who kill feeders.

What server do you play on? If you're EUW add me 'Sparkatus' and ill have a game whenever im on. I'm goldV support main, though i feel good in most lanes and at times i feel alot of what holds me back is my team mates getting caught out etc. (obviously i cant blame my team everytime i lose, but people not grouping to ward/ puishing lanes with no vision pees me off ha)

When you play with friends or uninstall the game.

Solo Queue is horrendously awful. The last two months I played that game, I got matched with nothing but people from Asia. Everyone was speaking in Chinese, people had the most messed up builds and had literally no understanding of the game.

I was playing with Platinum players whenever I did solo queue normal then out of nowhere, it's like a switch just flipped and I became a minority as an English speaker (and no, I didn't get drunk and move to a Chinese server).

A couple others have had this issue too but not enough people have had it happen for it to be a big enough issue to look at I guess. I don't understand why players in China even go to the NA realm. The ping has to be unbearably high.

- - - Updated - - -

Afking/trolling happens at all levels of play, but mehanics wise people are bearable gold+++
    Also this. I don't want people to think that the jackass-ery element of the community goes away with Diamond players because it doesn't. The difference is, people have a basic understanding of mechanics of laning when you climb but even with Diamond players, people still fight over lanes, AFK over petty drama, feed on purpose or just troll the game to be an ass.

I spend more time in HOTS and other games now days. Riot seems more focused on continuing to release expensive champions then doing anything else.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a bunch of people throw hard in my Promos.

I never used to believe in ELO-Hell until it happened to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god you guys do not to need to feed the OP into the "ELO-hell" bullshit how solo queue is awful. Like if it's so bad then why are you playing it?

Like if you want to bitch about solo queue and how awful it is then this is not the place to do it, he came here for advice and we don't need to feed stuff such as "welcome to LoL for afker's, ragers, and bitchers are prevalent", no shit it's a team game where some people can only play such and such position to a decent level. I play in fucking Diamond where the lp gains are horrendous yet I'm not bitching because at the end of the day I enjoy the game for what it is and I also enjoy competition.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Simsons2 View Post
    Normal or Rankeds? I just leveled my first acc to 30 and started doing ranked's and am already at Plat III. If anything ranked below diamond is pretty damn easy, but normals can sometimes be pain due to very lax matchmaking algorythms. Afking/trolling happens at all levels of play, but mehanics wise people are bearable gold+++
    I didnt even think you could rank right now since its the preseason. If you even can I wouldnt get caught up in the ranking of it since its more or less meaningless with how unbalanced everything is

Solo que... well it comes down to luck.

I made it to plat one season and around plat 3 I had amazing games.

Left the game and came back in a new season and got stuck in mid gold and it was horrible. Even if you are a really good player it is hard to carry a 2/15/1 top or a bot lane trying to carry a bronze player to gold.

Gold is the worst elo to get out of. You have enough players that have an idea of what to do that matches are more often decided by exploiting the weak link.

Deleted
    You can duo-queue with an OG like me, I'll carry you to Silver 5.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Solo que... well it comes down to luck.

I made it to plat one season and around plat 3 I had amazing games.

Left the game and came back in a new season and got stuck in mid gold and it was horrible. Even if you are a really good player it is hard to carry a 2/15/1 top or a bot lane trying to carry a bronze player to gold.

Gold is the worst elo to get out of. You have enough players that have an idea of what to do that matches are more often decided by exploiting the weak link.
    Diamond and Master's are harder to carry. Gold isn't that hard people make a ton of mistakes but I play easy champions that can 1v5 so that might help... In season 5 it wasn't luck, I had 80%+ w/l ratio on my mains. This season feels like luck but that is a different story.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-12-24 at 03:57 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I always feel I play with ppl that are better than me. Making plays I could never make. I'll take LoL's matchmaking over HotS' matchmaking any day.

Deleted
    I think if you play enough games, you should end up where you really belong.