Deleted

Can somebody explain the jungle items?

So i've been playing a lot of jungle since I returned a while ago, since I have returned I've seen - The rangers trailblazer, Skirmishers Sabre, etc. with Warrior, Devourer, etc.
    Could somebody explain all of those to me and why and when you should use them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really a jungle so here's a basic rundown from an outsider's perspective. Anyone else feel free to correct me.

Trailblazer is the item for farming. It becomes AoE against monsters, stuns, and gives back health and mana. If you have a lot of trouble clearing, take it.

Saber is the dueling item. It reduces the enemy champs damage against you, causes your AAs to do a bonus true damage DoT, and provides vision of the target so they can't hide. Take this if you wanna hunt down the enemy jungler.

Knife is for counter jungling. If used on a big enemy jungle monster it gets reduced CD, gives extra gold, and extra MS to escape. Usually not that good even when used properly.

Blade is generally for ganking. It slows the target, gives you extra MS, and does a decent chunk of true damage. Some ranged CC and burst to initiate when you pop into a lane.

Now for the enchants. This is a bit simpler.

Devourer is for heavy AA champs. Big magic on-hit, AS, and the ability to proc multiple on-hits and activate certain-number-of-AAs abilities faster through the phantom. For example, Udyr will shoot flames every 2 AAs instead of 3. But this only happens after you stack it to 30 by killing big monsters or champs.

Runeglaive is for AP junglers. It gives a Spellblade proc that does AoE against monsters and restores mana. Otherwise it's a less powerful but much cheaper LB.

Cinderhulk is for tanks. It's like Sunfire but trades the armor for %bonus health and does more damage to monsters. Pretty straight forward.

Warrior is for AD junglers that don't rely on AAs. Some AD, CDR, and penetration. Also very straight forward.

Hope I didn't mess it up too badly.
    Last edited by Karrotlord; 2015-07-31 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    I'm not really a jungle so here's a basic rundown from an outsider's perspective. Anyone else feel free to correct me.

Trailblazer is the item for farming. It becomes AoE against monsters, stuns, and gives back health and mana. If you have a lot of trouble clearing, take it.

Saber is the dueling item. It reduces the enemy champs damage against you, causes your AAs to do a bonus true damage DoT, and provides vision of the target so they can't hide. Take this if you wanna hunt down the enemy jungler.

Knife is for counter jungling. If used on a big enemy jungle monster it gets reduced CD, gives extra gold, and extra MS to escape. Usually not that good even when used properly.

Blade is generally for ganking. It slows the target, gives you extra MS, and does a decent chunk of true damage. Some ranged CC and burst to initiate when you pop into a lane.

Now for the enchants. This is a bit simpler.

Devourer is for heavy AA champs. Big magic on-hit, AS, and the ability to proc multiple on-hits and activate certain-number-of-AAs abilities faster through the phantom. For example, Udyr will shoot flames every 2 AAs instead of 3. But this only happens after you stack it to 30 by killing big monsters or champs.

Runeglaive is for AP junglers. It gives a Spellblade proc that does AoE against monsters and restores mana. Otherwise it's a less powerful but much cheaper LB.

Cinderhulk is for tanks. It's like Sunfire but trades the armor for %bonus health and does more damage to monsters. Pretty straight forward.

Warrior is for AD junglers that don't rely on AAs. Some AD, CDR, and penetration. Also very straight forward.

Hope I didn't mess it up too badly.
    What are AAs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Auto attacks.

For the enchants my go to is:

If I want to farm quickly and/or my champion has an in built slow/catch up mechanic, I take Trailblazer. If not, and my champion can clear pretty easily, I take Skirmishers. I might take Saber if i am a tank and they have a nasty champion on their team that I will end up focusing first. The final item is then pretty easy to figure out, although Devourer is stupidly strong currently for AA based champions if you can get it fed up in good time. (for example I was able to 1v3 on a moderately fed Nocturne with a sated devourer last night)

Best to just experiment really
    RETH

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been watching a fair few Yi's with Devourer absolutely wrecking house with massive Attack speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThirteenthWorstGamer View Post
    So i've been playing a lot of jungle since I returned a while ago, since I have returned I've seen - The rangers trailblazer, Skirmishers Sabre, etc. with Warrior, Devourer, etc.
    Could somebody explain all of those to me and why and when you should use them?
    try to google some league of legends guide sites. best way to learn, and watch some streams

The recent jungle changes (pre-season) means the above information is out of date but its not 100% wrong.

So you start by picking your jungle item:

For AA (auto attack) means right clicking)) reliant champions or those with a spamable AA reset (for example of an auto attack reset look at Trundles Q or Nasus's Q) you should take the Hunters Machete as it gives you good jungle sustain through life steal which works on auto attacks, it will return 8% of the damage you do back in health as well as adding more damage on each auto attack a good example of a champion that work well with this item are Master Yi,

For Spell dependent champions that require the use of abilities to clear, you are better off grabbing the Hunter's Talisman which gives you health back when damaging a monster with AA's and/or with spells as well as extra mana regeneration allowing you to cast more spells without going OOM (Out Of Mana)

When you have a decent amount of money or can no longer keep clearing its advised to head back to base and depending on your jungler choice pick up the next upgrade to the jungling item (some champions / people decide its not worth it or require other items) From you can pick from 3 upgrades (use to be 4) 2 of them modify your smite (more on it below)

please note any jungling item can be brought on any champion the suggestions below are just guidelines and nothing else.

Smite modifying upgrades:

Skirmisher's Sabre: This is the item you grab when your a jungler that likes to duel other people, example would be champions like Udyr and lee-Sin who likes to invade (go into the enemy jungle with the goal to kill there jungler or take there monster camps) or like to fight other champions in general, your smite is now castable on players (for a lot less damage) when you smite a champion you reveal them, they do less damage towards you for a short time and your AA for a short time do extra true damage (true damage cannot be mitigated by almost anything it will almost always do the same damage to the target) as a 3 second DOT (Damage over time)

Stalker's Blade: This is another smite upgrade, again your smite is now has the ability to be cast on players (again for a lot less damage) to steal 20% of their movement speed (you gain movement speed they lose movement speed), it allows champions that lack CC (crowd control: ability with limit or stop any player abilities / movement) to have a form of CC from the smite, Master Yi, Shyvana are examples of champions with no / very limited CC options so this can be a useful pickup for them.

Non smite upgrades:
    The final upgrade option is one for junglers who have plenty of CC in there kit and don't really attempt to solo kill champions, examples of champions which might use this item are Nunu and Nautilus. This upgrade does nothing to your smite but it does allow your jungling item to carry 2 wards (which refill every time you visit the shop) allowing you to have another trinket and adding more vision (to see more areas on the map normally covered by the fog of war) for you team.

Once you have your item upgrades its time (eventually) to enchant your jungle item with a pretty new gem.
    There are 4 enchants to pick from.

Cinderhulk, Warrior, Runic Echos and Devourer, each have unique abilities and are normally brought by specific champions (but again can be brought by anyone)

Cinderhulk: this is the enchantment for champions they seek to get high health and be in the middle of the fray, champions like Nautilus Amumu. It gives you a flat amount of health, gives you 15% more health from other items (so a item like ruby crystal gives you +150 health now gives you +165 health) and also grants you an AoE DoT based on your level to any champions withing a certain distance.

Warrior: Very basic enchant (not bad just no fancy mechanics) gives +60 AD (attack damage) and 10% CDR (Cool Down Reduction) used by champions that want AD and CDR as a top pick brought on champions like Riven Xin Zhao

Runic Echoes: (FYI this was changed this patch I believe from runeglave) Gives ability Power movement speed and a unique ability that Does AoE damage (up to 4 targets) at 100 charge (you generate charges this by walking and/or casting spells) doing lots of damage and returning lots of mana if you hit a Monster with this. Champions that might use this are Fiddlesticks, Ekko.

Devourer: This enchant is designed for auto attack champions that are best in the late game examples like Master yi and Jax. it takes a while to charge and requires you to farm the jungle or seek kills to charge. the item gives you attack speed and damage on hit and a small wolf pet that follows you, every monster kill and champions kill/assist gives you a stack, increases the on hit damage by a small amount, at 30 stacks the wolf fuses with your champions and the item transforms into Sated devourer allowing every 2nd (or 4th for range champions) attack to trigger another instant auto attack allowing the champion to deal a lot of damage in a short period, it is advised normally to pick this up as early as you can as stacks can take a while to build up.

I hope this helps sorry if the writing is a little sloppy still on my first coffee.