Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Bashiok Leaves Blizzard

Blizzard at Gamescom 2015, July 29 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Patch 6.2 Wallpaper Released

Bashiok Leaves Blizzard
    We're sorry to see Bashiok leave and wish him the best in the future!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I could pretty easily write a few thousand words right now, but I did my best to keep this brief.

I began working at Blizzard way back in October of 2003, and every day of my experience here has been shared with you, the players, and content creators, artists, bloggers, AddOn authors, podcasters, streamers, forum trolls, and— man, anyone remember the old Off-Topic forum back in the day? That place was just absolutely cuckoo bananas.

Anyway, Blizzard—and the community that surrounds it—has defined almost my entire adult life, and I am just so absolutely grateful to all of my friends here for having such an incredible and positive impact on who I am, and who I am yet to become. I don’t think I’ve had to make any decisions as difficult as the one to leave Blizzard, but a new opportunity has come my way, and I’ve decided to take it.

While I think it’s all still sinking in, the other day I realized I actually get to be surprised by Blizzard announcements and releases again. Which, as a lifelong fan and rabid gamer it makes me giddy thinking about being able to sit in the audience at BlizzCon, watching a stream, or reading the newest blog posts, and seeing whatever’s in store next—for the first time.

I’m looking forward to what’s next, and wishing you a life of joy, insatiable curiosity, and happy gaming.

Definitely thankful,
    Bashiok

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Au revoir!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No single fuck was given that day.

Yep good riddance.

Sad to see. I wonder who will replace him. Thanks and good luck in the future, Bashiok!

Its like there all leaving because they know they failed at doing there job!. incoming fans raging at me lol

going to Day Break games or SquareEnix Calling it now.

Deleted
    Awwh. I liked him. I wish him the best for the future.

Another one getting off the sinking ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    man fuck that. he was one of the ones I liked

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if the next 'face of blizzard' will be as condescending as bash? im sure if u read his posts from the start till end they grow more and more cynical, as if the life was drained from him over the years. We shall call this, Ghostcrawler Syndrome.

don't care lmfao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Yep good riddance.
    So u blaming the community managers for all the misery in your life now aswell?

Why the hate? Wasn't this guy just a community manager or something like?

He will become same as how Ghostcrawler is now. People will now start loving him even more. Ask him to come back, tell him he is the best that happened to Blizz, then ask himt o comment on the current state of the game, community and development, and also share his perspective on the WoW/Activision and Blizzard.

Ah, human always amaze me.

sad to see him go, he was awesome.

Deleted
    i wish you the best!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Another one getting off the sinking ship.
    Revenues increasing. You high m8?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    i wonder if the next 'face of blizzard' will be as condescending as bash? im sure if u read his posts from the start till end they grow more and more cynical, as if the life was drained from him over the years. We shall call this, Ghostcrawler Syndrome.
    Because everyone on the forum has a goddamn stick in them and takes out all their angst on the CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Why the hate? Wasn't this guy just a community manager or something like?
    I usually stick up for Blizzard but Bashiok had a tendency to be an overly sarcastic, hostile, and dismissive douche who down talked anyone with negative feedback regardless of how constructive (or not) it was. I used to like him but the last few years his posts have such an arrogant tone that I've wondered how he's still there sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation