10+ Year Old Account

How come so many people are banned?

When I'm reading forums it seems at least a couple in every topic are banned, I mean a lot of people have the banned icon and the post I read was nothing that bad I know it could be other post but the amount of people banned seems really really high and many of them have a lot of posts so it doesn't seem that they made a quick troll account. Are the mods just a little over zealous? Does the number just seem higher then other forums because instead of deleting all their activity they are just marked banned?

10+ Year Old Account
    By discussing moderation openly *cough* and being unable to communicate with other minded properly like all the time.

This forum is far from moderator heavy other forums with political debates require you to register separately and ask for approval, if incapable to speak to otherminded you'll be removed there within a single warning and never been given access again.

A lot of people can't seem to keep civil, and then blame mods when they get infracted for calling someone a flaming piece of shit for disagreeing with them.

But this thread will go away soon anyway.

It's usually insulting other posters but not always.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason so many people end up with massive credit card debt etc.

When you signed up for an account, you were presented with a set of rules. People click "I agree" without reading what they'r agreeing to, or with no intent to actually abide by their agreement.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Because people break the rules often enough to get banned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a badge of honor around here, and they come back in a few days/weeks.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow discussion of moderation here. It's not that we're being nontransparent or anything, but it derails threads and brings out a whole bunch of people who just want to sling dirt at the mods.

If you have an issue about moderation you can PM a blue mod.

Sorry, have to close this.