10+ Year Old Account

Did i buy a good laptop?

I just bought this computer online and i wanted to get a second opinion. Will i be able to run games on ultra smoothly such as skyrim/fallout?
    http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-1...vid=7eb-27aa7a
    Thanks in advance.
    I got the one for $1,499.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

10+ Year Old Account
    Avoiding any comments about Alienware cost:performance ratio's..

You should be able to tell us really...
    Not sure about your laws in the US, but in the UK, if we decide within a 14 day period that the item is not suitable for any reason, we can return it for a refund.

The specs for this model don't look to bad:

Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ Processor (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
    Windows 8.1
    8GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
    1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5
    Killer 1525 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1
    Last edited by Djinni; 2015-07-31 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Hiya that's the same one I got last year - I love it! Played Skyrim & Witcher 3 - it plays them smoothly no troubles. Screen is pretty small though but you can hook it up to a TV for sure - done that a couple of times

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    I just bought this computer online and i wanted to get a second opinion. Will i be able to run games on ultra smoothly such as skyrim/fallout?
    http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-1...vid=7eb-27aa7a
    Thanks in advance.
    I got the one for $1,499.
    It is a decent laptop. I don't know if it will handle Skyrim/Fallout at 1080p/60fps on ultra though, but it will be close enough honestly.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Avoiding any comments about Alienware costerformance ratio's, it really depends on which of those 4 options you picked...

Also you should be able to tell us really...
    Not sure about your laws in the US, but in the UK, if we decide within a 14 day period that the item is not suitable for any reason, we can return it for a refund.
    I'm sorry i edited it up at the top, it's the second one for $1,499. Cost wasn't an issue as my work was paying for it for my anniversary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carradene View Post
    Hiya that's the same one I got last year - I love it! Played Skyrim & Witcher 3 - it plays them smoothly no troubles. Screen is pretty small though but you can hook it up to a TV for sure - done that a couple of times
    Awesome! thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It should handle older games fine. Newer games may have to be toned down a bit.
    I don't mind toning it down for new games so much i just wanted to make sure the performance was the there.
    Last edited by Sickjen; 2015-07-31 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted
    oh mine's the lower spec one with the i5 so now I'm jelly :P