• Sunwalker Dezco

14 10.85%
  • Alexandros Mograine

10 7.75%
  • Other

1 0.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I forget.... why is Liadrin so beloved again?

Deleted
    I dislike Liadrin after they whitewashed her to a "real" Paladin in the Sunwell. But I don't want yet another Human Pally Hero. So I am going with Maraad.

I love the character of Turalyon, the Ashbringer, and Tirion, but I don;t think a second human Paladin in necessary. So I'd vote for Maraad.

Lady Liadrin or Yrel

Before WoD lady liadrin was more well known than maraad, afterwards yrel has taken the spotlight.

A few of the others seem more suited to cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Liadrin would be the most unique. Also Dezco would be cool too.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only correct answer is lady liadrin.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Dang, she's snowballing so hard!

Deleted
    I'd like it to be Maraad but his cardback went ahead of him. That's a tricky one.

I honestly don't get the Maraad love. His main claim to fame is being related to Med'an. Are there that many Med'an fans out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Turboface View Post
    I'd like it to be Maraad but his cardback went ahead of him. That's a tricky one.
    But can you imagine a Blood Elf themed card back!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I honestly don't get the Maraad love. His main claim to fame is being related to Med'an. Are there that many Med'an fans out there?
    To me its all just visual appeal, thats the kind of badass I wanna play all the time. Med'an never happend and the new crumb of lore they gave Maraad in WoD is not bad. Fuck lore anyway he is in a cinematic and has action figure, that stands for more at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzan View Post
    I forget.... why is Liadrin so beloved again?
    I think it's because she's a huge unused potential character and a notable female blood elf character, which is a huge portion of the WoW playerbase.
    What little lore we've seen has pointed to her having a fairly high standing in blood elf society, a flexible morality and a very independent mindset, which is something WoW is lacking among non-crazy females.

Personally, I almost see her as a possibility to be what Yrel failed at, that being a female character that isn't fanservice or crazy and actually has some kind of personality, even if it is simply a rigid "stalwart knight" type. It's not so much that people like her now because there isn't a terrible lot to like considering she's had a few brief moments in a novel and a single questline where she actually really showed any sort of personality, but more that people are excited by what she could be and fascinated by the concept of a leader of an organization that did a 180 morality heel-face turn between the end of BC and now.

I think it also gives brownie points to her character that she's the first blood elf to truly repent for what her people did to the Naaru. Before MoP, she was likely the most prominent Horde blood elf NPC in WoW, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liadrin > Dezco > Yrel, imo. I want Liadrin as a true horde allied elf hero, but since we already have elves represented, and no tauren or draenei, I would really love to see Dezco.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Liadrin > Dezco > Yrel, imo. I want Liadrin as a true horde allied elf hero, but since we already have elves represented, and no tauren or draenei, I would really love to see Dezco.
    If Dezco happens they better give him a baby armor card.

Deleted
    Liadrin bloodknights ftw. or Turalyon if they can come up with an intriguing story due to his absence coupled with an equally awesome comeback.

Lady Liadrin.