Deleted

Battle.net causes a DC exactly every one hour -- any similar experiences?

So, as the topic states, I'm having an issue where my Battle.net sometimes crashes every 1 hour, kicking me out not only from WoW, but also from every other game as well, such as SWTOR, that's in no way related to Blizzard or Battle.net.

Eventually I tracked the problem down to a relationship between Battle.net and my PC's Standby mode. If I leave the computer for a while and place it on Standby mode while Battle.net is open, then after reactivating it, Battle.net keeps crashing exactly every 1 hour from the time of my return. If I come back at 20.45, I will DC at 21.45, 22.45, 23.45... and so on. The DC never lasts for long, just for a few seconds -- but it instantly kicks me from the game. And not just from WoW -- it also affects any other online game I happen to be playing. I also see all of my Battle.net friends going offline and back online after a couple of seconds.

It's definitely Battle.net related, because if I exit it before Standby, the DC's will never happen. My internet connection is otherwise extremely steady, fast and reliable, and fully wired with fiber optic cables. Once the problem occurs, the only way to fix it is to restart the computer.

Does anyone else have similar issues? I googled the issue and found topics about crashes at regular intervals involving Diablo, Herthstone and other stuff.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2015-08-01 at 12:27 AM.

Never heard of it(not in this way, anyway), and don't know why that'd be happening, quite strange.

Here's some options, you may or may not have done them already:

1. Reinstall Battle.net(I assume you have)
    2. Go to your settings, there's 2 boxes with drop downs, select "Exit Battle.net completely"(you can try leave that box under it checked, if it's still broken, uncheck it)
    3. Stop using standby

I had something like this happen before it was years ago though. At the time I still had Windows XP and an update came out that was causing the problem I was able to fix it by rolling my comp back to before the update and not letting it update.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had almost an identical issue. Basically my computer would disconnect (Booting me out of WoW/Chat programs, but largely unaffecting web browsing) every hour, on the hour. Rebooting fixed the issue for a few hours, but it always came back. I dug deep, and for -weeks- to resolve it.

Turns out it was DHCP.

I had (at the time) a crappy modem/router combo from my ISP. My computer was on DHCP, and every time I left the house and came home, my phone (in my pocket) would be assigned an IP via DHCP as well. This caused conflicts, and my phone would boot my computer off it's address, effectively.

I went into my router settings, checked the DHCP range (200-254), and changed my computer to a static IP address to a .100 address. Problem solved instantly, forever.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab