What am I doing wrong?

*Fire*

So, not sure if i'm doing things right or not and if I could be doing way more, I feel like i'm doing a really awful job and would like help.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lemma/advanced

Iskar Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=71

Also I don't think I got to use a second pot, think it was pulled as I potted/pyro'd so I didn't get to use a second.

My rotation with living bomb is I never use it single target, then when there is 3+ targets I living bomb and only use inferno blasts for heating up to turn it into a pyro, am I doing that wrong..should I instead instantly spread living bomb or no? Also using dragon's breath on cooldown and right when the targets come out I put a living bomb on a target then get a pyro proc and a heating up then put my crystal down, chuck pyros 2-3 depending on luck and combust after the last pyro and spread it with inferno blast. Then I put down a flamestrike with like 4+ targets and dragon's breath on cooldown while refreshing living bomb at less then 3.6 seconds and again I save my inferno blasts to upgrade to pyros only and not instantly spreading living bomb.
    Last edited by Dylemma; 2015-08-01 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your crit seems a bit low, but otherwise everything seems mostly on par. I would dump the PoF for a Sandman's if possible, here is a helpful trinket list provided by Frosted for this current tier:

Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Your crit seems a bit low, but otherwise everything seems mostly on par. I would dump the PoF for a Sandman's if possible, here is a helpful trinket list provided by Frosted for this current tier:
    So do you think I should drop PoF even for 685 sandman's? Don't want to pay that much on an easily replaceable trinket unless I should go the full way to 715

Deleted
    Why are you playing Fire ?
    It's the weakest Spec ... Only People who love Fire, playing this spec atm.

But these People know how to play a Fire Mage ... sry, but you dont know how to play Firemage ...

Stack Crit to 40%+. As LocNess said, get Sandmans Porch. It's amazing.

Dont use Living Bomb

And read a good Guide (icy-veins)

HF

Quote Originally Posted by TheCelina View Post
    Why are you playing Fire ?
    It's the weakest Spec ... Only People who love Fire, playing this spec atm.

But these People know how to play a Fire Mage ... sry, but you dont know how to play Firemage ...

Stack Crit to 40%+. As LocNess said, get Sandmans Porch. It's amazing.

Dont use Living Bomb

And read a good Guide (icy-veins)

HF
    I kinda took you serious until you brought up icy-veins and not using living bomb.....no offence to icy veins but not the best of best players and never updated. From logs point of view fire is better on more fights than frost is better than fire. Frost/Arcane just have same gear/near the same stats where as fire/arcane do not besides mastery which isn't neither specs best stat.
    Last edited by Dylemma; 2015-08-01 at 05:29 AM.

Deleted
    Sry, i dont mean the Glyph, i mean the Site. but cant post it, cause i just registered. Just google Icy-veins.

Ive played fire all the time ... but in 6.2 Fire is useless. Just when you have 3 or more Targets ...

If you like doing most DPS » play Arcan, else Frost.
    That is the 6.2 Mage ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCelina View Post
    Sry, i dont mean the Glyph, i mean the Site. but cant post it, cause i just registered. Just google Icy-veins.

Ive played fire all the time ... but in 6.2 Fire is useless. Just when you have 3 or more Targets ...

If you like doing most DPS » play Arcan, else Frost.
    That is the 6.2 Mage ...
    I know you mean the site...that site isn't where you want to get your information for up to date play is all I'm saying...fire has its place why do you think Kuznam from method plays it/played it on progression? Good on some bosses where adds need to die and killing them faster doesn't hurt...like Iskar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylemma View Post
    So do you think I should drop PoF even for 685 sandman's? Don't want to pay that much on an easily replaceable trinket unless I should go the full way to 715
    If you are serious for playing Fire, I would aim for getting it and building it to 715 over time. Unfortunately for Fire, this tier just isn't kind trinket wise which is also what helps damage it (no pun intended) on the charts.

Fire will still win on the very AoE heavy fights, and it isn't bottom at all, so live your life, and burn things! If you are having fun, that is what is important.

If you are serious for playing Fire, I would aim for getting it and building it to 715 over time. Unfortunately for Fire, this tier just isn't kind trinket wise which is also what helps damage it (no pun intended) on the charts.

Fire will still win on the very AoE heavy fights, and it isn't bottom at all, so live your life, and burn things! If you are having fun, that is what is important.
    You're from Indiana too that's awesome. I might do that, I just see from logs the few people that do play fire are actually doing extremely well and even a fire mage is the top of all mages for mythic council. Even though it's one mage that's 1 out of the 100's that are playing frost and have a better ratio to get a better log then a few fire mages. I am more of a semi-hardcore raider and I don't have the class trinket yet out of pure unluckyness so I am using mastery and off-specing fire because frost does not pull ahead of arcane/PoF for me even on cleave because my arcane gear for AoE is actually decent.
    So you'd go for mythic ore trinket and sandman or sandman/gaze or goren/gaze?
    Last edited by Dylemma; 2015-08-01 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're from Indiana too that's awesome. I might do that, I just see from logs the few people that do play fire are actually doing extremely well and even a fire mage is the top of all mages for mythic council. Even though it's one mage that's 1 out of the 100's that are playing frost and have a better ratio to get a better log then a few fire mages. I am more of a semi-hardcore raider and I don't have the class trinket yet out of pure unluckyness so I am using mastery and off-specing fire because frost does not pull ahead of arcane/PoF for me even on cleave because my arcane gear for AoE is actually decent.
    So you'd go for mythic ore trinket and sandman or sandman/gaze or goren/gaze?
    Woo, Indiana . Yes, Mythic ore should be very easy to get at this point, and Sandman's is really "how much gold should I put to this trinket". The higher you can get your average crit, the more consistent good parses will start coming.

Woo, Indiana . Yes, Mythic ore should be very easy to get at this point, and Sandman's is really "how much gold should I put to this trinket". The higher you can get your average crit, the more consistent good parses will start coming.
    Not sure what you were pointing to, both crit trinkets or just ore one/gaze?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you were pointing to, both crit trinkets or just ore one/gaze?
    I would get both crits as they are easier to obtain. Go for gaze later.

Deleted
    I kinda took you serious until you brought up icy-veins and not using living bomb.....no offence to icy veins but not the best of best players and never updated. From logs point of view fire is better on more fights than frost is better than fire. Frost/Arcane just have same gear/near the same stats where as fire/arcane do not besides mastery which isn't neither specs best stat.
    You don't use living bomb on single target... you use BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    You don't use living bomb on single target... you use BW.
    It was an Iskar log...I know not to use living bomb single target I would never do that. I never said I used living bomb single target and you must have not looked at my log. Not to mention the very first line of my rotation explanation says I don't use living bomb single target ever :/