Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Felblight is now worth less gold than savage blood is.

Which only confirms my theories before this patch came out. Fuck felblight, keep barns stocked up with work orders. Barn now has 100% drop rate on savage blood with level 100 follower. And 22x fur from each WO too. Group trap caging still yields 50,000g+ per hour in raw mat value, you just do not get this gold right away, instead you need to wait for the work orders to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Felblight is now worth less gold than savage blood is.

Which only confirms my theories before this patch came out. Fuck felblight, keep barns stocked up with work orders. Barn now has 100% drop rate on savage blood with level 100 follower. And 22x fur from each WO too. Group trap caging still yields 50,000g+ per hour in raw mat value, you just do not get this gold right away, instead you need to wait for the work orders to complete.
    If you have to wait for the gold then technically you're not getting 50kg per hour since you need 4 hours per work order then for it to sell not to mention the time it takes to gather the boxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    If you have to wait for the gold then technically you're not getting 50kg per hour since you need 4 hours per work order then for it to sell not to mention the time it takes to gather the boxes.
    Keep telling yourself that In calculating gold per hour, I accounted time spent FARMING THE BOXES as we are directly comparing farming methods. So in that 1 hour I gather about 250-300 boxes which transfers to 5-6k sumptuous fur + 250-300 savage blood, worth 175-225g each on AH. So it's like 70+k per hour but OK you have to collect the work orders once every 3 days (takes few seconds lol) and posting this stuff on AH (also takes few seconds, hello trading post auctioneer built). Or using it to craft gear upgrades which maximizes the profit, squeezes that extra 1-2k per every 15 blood spent.

Once the barn is loaded up with those 250 boxes I can do whatever I damn well please. Level an alt, do some BGs, do transmog run, even... farm felblight!

Barn is my favourite feature of Warlords of Draenor by far. The best execution of delayed reward system so far. The fact that not many people think long-term in advance and understand the mechanics of it, allows me to use it with super effectiveness. I made 6-7kk gold in WoD and good part of that was thanks to Barn on 7 characters. Initially awful (trap ninja, traps didn't stacked at all) but then hotfixed into the best garrison system.

Anyways, enjoy your 8000g per hour from felblight while it still is 8000g per hour. If the drop rate has been buffed that much, it won't surprise me if it's 50 gold each within few weeks from now. At least I'll buy it out of AH and burn my profession materials. Some of my toons have 6-7 stacks of each by now and I can't keep up with savage blood to craft the lesser upgrades.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-08-02 at 07:37 PM.

I accounted time spent FARMING THE BOXES as we are directly comparing farming methods. So in that 1 hour I gather about 250-300 boxes.
    This is the most hilariously contrived attempt at claiming massive profits I've ever seen.

Yeah well I took 6 months to get Shadowmourne and sold the tabard for 86,000g. BUT since it only took me 2 seconds to collect the gold from my mail, that's 86,000g in 2 second of farming, So I actually farm at a rate of 154,800,000g per hour.

Gold farmers are exploiting increased Felblight drops with level 7-10 toons in Tanaan. You can watch them stutter-step floating above the fel sludge immediately around HFC without any buffs, fishing felfrenzy pools for hours on end.

Keep telling yourself that In calculating gold per hour, I accounted time spent FARMING THE BOXES as we are directly comparing farming methods. So in that 1 hour I gather about 250-300 boxes which transfers to 5-6k sumptuous fur + 250-300 savage blood, worth 175-225g each on AH. So it's like 70+k per hour but OK you have to collect the work orders once every 3 days (takes few seconds lol) and posting this stuff on AH (also takes few seconds, hello trading post auctioneer built). Or using it to craft gear upgrades which maximizes the profit, squeezes that extra 1-2k per every 15 blood spent.

Once the barn is loaded up with those 250 boxes I can do whatever I damn well please. Level an alt, do some BGs, do transmog run, even... farm felblight!

Barn is my favourite feature of Warlords of Draenor by far. The best execution of delayed reward system so far. The fact that not many people think long-term in advance and understand the mechanics of it, allows me to use it with super effectiveness. I made 6-7kk gold in WoD and good part of that was thanks to Barn on 7 characters. Initially awful (trap ninja, traps didn't stacked at all) but then hotfixed into the best garrison system.

Anyways, enjoy your 8000g per hour from felblight while it still is 8000g per hour. If the drop rate has been buffed that much, it won't surprise me if it's 50 gold each within few weeks from now. At least I'll buy it out of AH and burn my profession materials. Some of my toons have 6-7 stacks of each by now and I can't keep up with savage blood to craft the lesser upgrades.
    Why are you being so fucking hostile, I'm sorry that your ability to do math is questionable at best but that is no reason to take it out on me.

But if we're going to play that game then sure, I'll play. Let's say it takes two-three hours to farm 300 boxes, and we're only counting the savage blood for this not the fur. 300 boxes worth of savage blood goes 105,000-135,000 (175-225g which btw rarely if ever goes above 190g on any non-backwater server).

You're saying to yourself wow that's a lot of gold!!!! over 100k for just a couple hours of work :O?!?!?!?!

....Oh, you can only get 2 savage blood every four hours? Ok well let's recalculate. Two savage blood is 350-500 gold. Now let's divide that by four since we're doing this as gold per hour. that's 87.5-125g per hour per work order. Compare that to felblight which let's say post buff you can let's say 50 for an hour of work. Current rate on my server is 169g per blight so that's 8,450g per hour. "But that's such a high amount of felblight!" You're right, let's drop it down to 20 blight an hour at 169g per blight. 3,380 gold per hour is still pretty decent.

Now let's compare 300 boxes of savage blood (600 blood) to the equal amount of blight (600 blight). Like we saw earlier for blood that amount is 105,000-135,000 (175-225g) for blight that would be 101,400(169g). 300 boxes multiplied by the hours it takes to gather them (300 x 4 hours) is 1200 hours to collect all those boxes so we divide the gold we get raw from the blood with those hours and we get 87.5-112.5g per hour.

Now we do the same for felblight at a rate of 20-50 blight per hour. 600 divided by that is 30-12 hours. Wow 50 days vs 1.25-.5 days for relatively the same amount of work. Even if felblight were to drop to 50g per blight it would still(with just the raw numbers) grant more gold PER HOUR than savage blood.

And yes, this is just for felblight and savage blood. Fur only adds like an extra 60-90g per work order and doesn't change the fact that PER HOUR which was the point of your tirade is still in favor of blight.

There's no reason why you can't just farm both (or not be an idiot and use the AH to make your gold, farming is for peasants), enjoy your piss-poor attitude friend.
    Last edited by Talby; 2015-08-02 at 09:33 PM.

farming is for peasants.

Why do people feel the need to inflate their ego so much? I honestly don't get it all. Uhg I just punch myself when people like this appear and put up horribly contrived BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    That's not how gold per hour (GPH) works. You only need to account for the time actually spent actively doing something to earn the gold. If you can farm for 55 mins, post the auctions in 5 mins, but they sell 7 hours later while you're offline... that 7 hours wouldn't be counted against your GPH. You only spent 1 hour actively earning it. The same goes for work orders since they're automatic and require no input from the player except refilling every 3 days (which as stated takes a matter of seconds).

I don't even understand how one could argue otherwise. We're not calculating LITERAL gold per hour, we're calculating gold per hour of active gameplay. No one cares if the barn takes 5 times longer to grant you the gold, people care that they can farm it up really quickly, then ignore it while raking in huge amounts of gold passively.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2015-08-03 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    That's not how gold per hour (GPH) works. You only need to account for the time actually spent actively doing something to earn the gold. If you can farm for 55 mins, post the auctions in 5 mins, but they sell 7 hours later while you're offline... that 7 hours wouldn't be counted against your GPH. You only spent 1 hour actively earning it. The same goes for work orders since they're automatic and require no input from the player except refilling every 3 days (which as stated takes a matter of seconds).

I don't even understand how one could argue otherwise. We're not calculating LITERAL gold per hour, we're calculating gold per hour of active gameplay. No one cares if the barn takes 5 times longer to grant you the gold, people care that they can farm it up really quickly, then ignore it while raking in huge amounts of gold passively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    This is the most hilariously contrived attempt at claiming massive profits I've ever seen.

Yeah well I took 6 months to get Shadowmourne and sold the tabard for 86,000g. BUT since it only took me 2 seconds to collect the gold from my mail, that's 86,000g in 2 second of farming, So I actually farm at a rate of 154,800,000g per hour.
    That is exactly how gold per hour works. There is no if and or buts about it. Amount of gold/Time it takes to acquire it. Assumi's example is a bit exaggerated but is pretty much what you're telling me what "gold per hour" means.

I never argued that farming savage bloods is bad, which if you actually read anything I wrote -at all- you would've seen that. The point was him saying he makes 50k+ PER HOUR through the barn. That is outright fallacious and you damn well know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was mildly misleading, but I'm pretty sure everyone is capable of understanding the slightly incorrect wording of his statement to mean "I spend an hour to make 50k+ gold" as he meant.

Trying to say auction or work order time counts against GPH though, that's not an incorrectly worded statement, it's just incorrect.

Felblight is usually hit or miss with me. Sometimes I'll get drops with every other node, and sometimes nothing for 20 nodes straight. I've actually taken to just killing Kazzak on a few level 100 alts each week since he drops like 10-15 each time. That'll keep me consistently upgrading my crafted gear for my main and main alt.

Ok well since you're going to ignore everything I say I'm going to go and and ignore everything you say except for 1 last thing. Gold per hour is it's very definition. It is how much gold per hour you can get, and I'm sorry you don't understand that.

Deleted
    Damn that's a lot of bags of vitrol and salt hurled into my direction.

Sorry if anyone felt offended. Sometimes i go a bit overboard I admit. No apologies to Sumaku13 ofc as his post is a crystal clear ad hominem attack. Die in a fire.

Personally I don't use "gold per hour" that much because it sparks up annoying discussions like this one. One guy argues that waiting for WO's counts, other guy argues that it does not, this argument never ends and results in moderator notes at best.

Much better is "gold per week" or even "gold per month". Here you have no stupid arguments and pointing out what is farming gold and what is not. Just plain figure of income. 20k per week, 60k per week, 400k per week, 1.5 million per month. See? No one argues, just asks what I actually do to reach it.

As for the topic itself, the buff is clearly taking its toll on felblight price. Currently there's 28 pages of it up on AH and the price is about 150 gold per unit, sharply falling down. Not much time left, if you want to farm it for profit do it now because it will not be any more expensive ever again. If anything it will tank to as low as 50 gold each due to abundance of farmers, inc flying and also BOTS. FECKING BOTS.

That's why I loved barn guys. Bot proof. The only thing that a bot could gain was a year or two-year ahead stock of work order crates. He wouldn't actually get more blood than me or you, hence why savage blood held value for so long and still holds it. Felblight is dirt cheap mere five weeks into the patch...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was skeptical of the hotfix buff to felblights, but with the sudden price plummet and the myriad of reports of lots of 5x drops, I guess it's pretty much confirmed at this point. It's kinda great, because for some reason the price of Mighty and Savage upgrade tokens is holding steady, while the mat price is falling through the floor. Many, many profits to be made if you have the BoP mats to take advantage right now.

i fished up two x5 in a pool recently, like within the last week. was nice.

Well my friend asked me about this, and I was like... no, it's random. Then I logged on and found a mining node. got 5 felblights from it. Huh...
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__