Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Felblight increased droprate (hotfix)

Anyone else notice these drop a LOT more often? I have gotten 4 Felblightx5 drops in the last 10 minutes. Either I'm extremely lucky or these have been hotfixed

Deleted
    Not me.

Okay, I guess I just got REALLLLY lucky, I never seen more than two x5 procs within a short period of time and I just saw 4 when posting this and just got another one.

EDIT: To clarify, my method of obtaining is herbalism on my alt. I see more drops on average with Herbalism than fishing on my main.

EDIT2: I just got another x5, I'm convinced this is a hotfix or something.

EDIT3: here's a few screenshots in case people don't believe me. Timestamps weren't enabled but you can still see they are pretty close together.
    http://imgur.com/VZ1n9rp
    http://imgur.com/0VW2oQG
    http://i.imgur.com/lQig4U0.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/CHkOgx5.jpg
    Last edited by meroko; 2015-08-01 at 07:33 AM.

Deleted
    I have had the same when skinning - i had like 12 5xFelblights in 2 hours. Big increase. Even had ot twice in a row a few times

I have noticed a massive increase in the droprate for felblights from fishing. I have acquired 146 in five fours of farming fishing pools. My best result has been getting 11 from a single node, over 4 casts. I have also noted that I'm getting more groups of 5 than I am singles. I have also mined 11 from 7 nodes of Blackrock and True Iron in that time.

i hope so, because i gave up after getting 2 in 30 mins a few weeks ago. I am herb/Mining.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No announcement from Blizzard about it, and trust me, they know better than all of you in this thread. Anecdotal evidence and band camp stories prove nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    No announcement from Blizzard about it, and trust me, they know better than all of you in this thread. Anecdotal evidence and band camp stories prove nothing.
    Blizzard doesn't always reveal everything they do.

Perhaps it's a bug though.

Got a stick up your ass?

Yeah you're right we should wait for the press release.

They sometimes push hotfixes between Friday and Sunday which are reported in their blog on Monday. While I'm not sure if they actually did hotfix the droprate of felblight, it's entirely possible and we won't know until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Blizzard doesn't always reveal everything they do.

Perhaps it's a bug though.
    This kind of change would be noted in the hotfixes.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    This kind of change would be noted in the hotfixes.
    Yeah, but like you said, it's possible they just haven't mentioned it yet.

But they have stealth nerfed items in the past too, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a stealth buff.

whether it's a bug or hotfix not yet mentioned, I have consistently been getting x5 drops since this post, which is way way WAAAAAAY more than usual.

It definitely feels like it's been buffed. Used to be lucky to get more than ten in one farming session of fishing/skinning and now I keep getting constant back to back 4-5 procs from pools. Haven't skinned since I noticed the increase and still have yet to get any from herbalism or mining, is it a lower droprate for those or something?

It's cool and all if they did raise the droprate, but hell they are selling for barely over 100g on my server as it is right now.

It could always be an undocumented change, although this kind of hotfix should show on notes because it's (kind of) big.

Example is http://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.2.0...ented_changes)

There's a page for almost literally every patch. Some very unpopular changes are shown here.

Putting felblight on Kazzak was just plain stupid. What was even more stupid than that was the amount he drops. People were taking sub level 100's and killing kazzak that totally tanked the value of that in no time. If they think people are going to spend hours gathering in that shitstorm of random mobs they are even more stupid and disconnected from the game than I thought. With a few alts people can upgrade multiple items and never have to buy any felblight. Every patch they reach a new level of stupid, it's a good thing they decide to let WoD go stale for 8-12 more months.

I can confirm I am getting 5x felblight drops, too, from a single mine node.

i offhandedly herbed a bit like i ussually do and got a few dozen felblight yesterday. quite a few x5 procs

I've noticed an increase when I did the tooth and claw daily yesterday. Usually doing the dailies I'll end up with 1 or 2 after skinning everything, but I had 5 drop off two different pythons that I skinned.