Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I hate American FDA

Seriously, all the crap they allow on our shelves that is bad for you (supplement wise) and we have excellent stuff on other markets they don't let in!

A couple of weeks ago I switched toothpastes because of some gum pain and I was brushing too hard with the new stuff (that didn't foam) and started to get sensitivity.

That sensitivity grew and grew over the last week and I made an appointment with my dentist.

I also started doing some research looking for yet another toothpaste to help with sensitivity when I came across Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief Pro-Argin formula on a dental health chat website. They basically said it's the best stuff and works almost instantly. I went down to my local Walgreens and couldn't find it. Went home to look it up again only to find out it's NOT FDA approved in America. (But it's okay in like Vietnam, Australia, UK, and I think even Canada)

Ended up having to order it off Amazon and it came today. Most of the box is in Vietnamese with the exception of the very front so I can confirm that I've got the correct stuff.

1 Brushing is all it took.

My sensitivity and my pain is completely gone.

Still going to the dentist next week but now I won't have to suffer because the bureaucratic nature of my government has become bullshit.
    Last edited by fwc577; 2015-08-01 at 06:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is this, Colgategate?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    http://www.colgateprofessional.com/p...paste/overview

This website kinda makes it seem this toothpaste isn't intended for over the counter or everyday use.

4 week effect, advertised as before/after procedure care. says "only use as directed". So i am gonna go on a limb and say its not approved for over the counter sale for a reason.

the PRECAUTIONS section of the site is also nice:
    Colgate Sensitive Pre-Procedural Desensitizing Paste should be used only by individuals professionally trained to perform dental prophylaxis. During use, wear protective glasses, mask and gloves.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-08-01 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the FDA is the problem with America in everything: too much corporate influence.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    http://www.colgateprofessional.com/p...te/indications

This website kinda makes it seem this toothpaste isn't intended for over the counter or everyday use.

4 week effect, advertised as before/after procedure care. says "only use as directed"
    Yeah I did some looking it is available here in America but only to Dental Professionals

10+ Year Old Account
    I worked with a guy who put battery acid on his rotting teeth to make them stop hurting. It worked so should the FDA allow battery acid to be used for tooth disease?

God knows what's in that toothpaste. The FDA bans things for a reason. I'm more worried about the things that aren't banned in the U.S. that are in other countries.

Toothpaste used to contain chloroform. It was banned for good reason.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Toothpaste used to contain chloroform. It was banned for good reason.
    Same reason why Coca-Cola is nicknamed 'coke'.
    And the origin story of Dr.Pepper as well.

But yes, the FDA, among pretty much everything else involving the US-Government, is pretty Bureaucratic and Corporate controlled. Welcome to the Corporatocracies of America. (Nicknamed AmeriCorp) !!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

How does a medical doctor make money, if a $5 drug cures you?

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was going to take the form of an anti-flouride rant. I still don't know how I feel about it.

But.. if the FDA doesn't approve of it, I'm not sure I'd be so interested in taking something where I can't read the instructions/warnings...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The problem with the FDA is the problem with America in everything: too much corporate influence.
    ...I might put this as my sig. It's so spot on, it's scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a good watch about what goes wrong, http://thehumanexperimentmovie.com/

(noticing the price, it's also for free on the US netflix list)
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2015-08-01 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use that toothpaste and it is pretty awesome

Uh, yeah. That's not toothpaste that's meant to be brushed with. It's supposed to be applied via rotary cup by a dentist or hygienist during a procedure.

Do you also hate that the FDA doesn't allow you to buy morphine over the counter?

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    ...I might put this as my sig. It's so spot on, it's scary.
    Just look at the World Health Organization, they changed their sugar recommendations because of our sugar lobbies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Uh, yeah. That's not toothpaste that's meant to be brushed with. It's supposed to be applied via rotary cup by a dentist or hygienist during a procedure.

Do you also hate that the FDA doesn't allow you to buy morphine over the counter?
    It's not :/

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    It's not :/
    'fraid it is.
    INDICATIONS AND USAGE
    Colgate Sensitive Pre-Procedural Desensitizing Paste is to be used for the management of sensitive teeth, post scaling and root planing. It is a tubule occluding agent designed for professional application with a rotary cup during standard dental practice hygiene procedures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    'fraid it is.
    Colgate Sensitive Pre-Procedural Desensitizing Paste =/= Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief Pro-Argin formula

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Just look at the World Health Organization, they changed their sugar recommendations because of our sugar lobbies.

Do you believe that just because something is a problem in the US, it can't be a problem anywhere else in the world?

EDIT: Misread your post, apologies. Yes, it is certainly an international problem, but to be honest, it's not just US companies that are a problem. Increasingly, lobbying is becomming a threat to democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Colgate Sensitive Pre-Procedural Desensitizing Paste =/= Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief Pro-Argin formula
    I'm just looking at what was linked here. Got another formula, link it.