10+ Year Old Account

Flying in MoP (today 8.1.2015 at level 100)

So apparently I never picked up "wisdom of the four winds" on my hunter... thus no flying.

However, I can't purchase it from the flight trainer.

I looked into why and a possible solution was my completion of the temple of white tiger questline and the opening of the gates... so I did that, only to find out I had already completed it. (verified from quest tracker websites)

But still no flying is available for me to purchase.

The only thing I can see that might be an issue is [30631] The Shrine of the Seven Stars... which is not completed... yet is not available anymore. I probably did it under [30649] The Shrine of the Two moons (because I was horde at the time) but it says I haven't completed that quest either.

Am i missing something?

I'd buy the fucking book of the black AH for 10k... but it isn't a buyout option. I want and should be able to do this fucking thing now. This is exactly why these fuckers at blizzard shouldn't be gating shit. Furthermore I should be able to turn to one resource BLIZZARD to discover what I need to do... not wowhead.com, questcheker.com, and no mmo-champion.com to get an answer on basic shit, out dated shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    So apparently I never picked up "wisdom of the four winds" on my hunter... thus no flying.

However, I can't purchase it from the flight trainer.

I looked into why and a possible solution was my completion of the temple of white tiger questline and the opening of the gates... so I did that, only to find out I had already completed it. (verified from quest tracker websites)

But still no flying is available for me to purchase.

The only thing I can see that might be an issue is [30631] The Shrine of the Seven Stars... which is not completed... yet is not available anymore. I probably did it under [30649] The Shrine of the Two moons (because I was horde at the time) but it says I haven't completed that quest either.

Am i missing something?

I'd buy the fucking book of the black AH for 10k... but it isn't a buyout option. I want and should be able to do this fucking thing now. This is exactly why these fuckers at blizzard shouldn't be gating shit. Furthermore I should be able to turn to one resource BLIZZARD to discover what I need to do... not wowhead.com, questcheker.com, and no mmo-champion.com to get an answer on basic shit, out dated shit.
    It sounds like possibly a bug related to faction transfer. Those do happen with things like this sometimes. Your best recourse is to file a ticket. And AFAIK it was never necessary to do any particular quest to unlock MOP flight training - I was 90 on my last alt before I ever stepped foot in the Vale or did the quest to open the gates, and I got a friend to fly me to the Shrine on his rocket so I could buy the training.

This is an obvious thing, and I'm only asking because I used to do tech support and sometimes smart people miss obvious things, but... are you going to the flight trainer _at_ the Shrine? Pretty sure that's the only trainer that actually sells MOP flight training. You can't get it in Stormwind.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Yeah you can only learn flying at your faction shrine.